• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Display logo variants print run

14 posts in this topic

I cant believe not one person knows this. This has stumped me. Even articles talking aboutthis have not been updated. Just seems odd to me. I'm wondering if these will become that book that everyone tries to find years from now. 

I'm familiar with these, but have no idea on print numbers as compared to the regular editions.  I think I have a couple of Image books with the store display logo variant.  For those who don't know, it was basically just a round logo somewhere on the book that differed from the standard issue.

Edited by gradejunky

This was the basic look, the i logo with 3 stars on each side. They were not in every comic shop but 1 shop here usually had several of them in those cardboard display cases for a very short period of time. 

I remember Wytches #2 having the logo. Unfortunately, no idea on how many or even why only certain shops received them. 

Image Floor Logo Variants I have:

Cowl #6

Tooth and Claw #2 x3

Manifest Destiny #13 x3

Secret Identities #1 x3

Southern Cross #1 x3

Black Science #12 x2

They're Not Like Us #1 2nd Printing x2

They're Not Like Us #2

Stray Bullets #1

Drifter 2nd Printing #1 x4

Invisible Republic #1 x2

Rumble #1 x3

The Wicked and Divine #6 x3

B!!! Planet #1

B!!! Planet #2 x6

Shutter #7 x4

ODY-C #2 x3

The Surface #1

Invincible #118 x8

Edited by peterm12772
word not correct

What are the Image Comics Display Logo Variants?
The Program started with Tooth and Claw #1 and Birthright #2 in November 2014, it ended with Invincible 118 at the end of March in 2015. 
Stores would basically sign up through Image Comics to get a book display and they would send you special books for that display. If you didn't sell the books, they were 100% returnable.
The only way to really figure out print runs in this age of Diamond solicitation is through Comichron, which only lists how many copies of certain books were sent to stores on week of release through Diamond and doesn't specify print runs. Comichron never specified the difference between cover A's and the Cover B Image display logo variants, so short of someone from Image comics chiming in, you're not going to find out accurate print run numbers.

Only 1 did here to the best of my knowledge. Our metro area is only around 350,000 people and there aren’t a ton of comic shops. That said, only the biggest had a display box/rack here. I’m guessing that whole they aren’t rare, they probably are t all that common. 

I’m sure the demand would be significantly higher if these were attached to more popular books.