• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay coupon just popped up 15% off
2 2

77 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Bowenfire said:

How do I make sure to not miss the next one ?

If you go to eBay and sign in, then sign up for something called "eBay bucks", there is a box to check for emails. 

You'll get maybe 4-5 emails a day, but they'll tell you about these kinds of promotions  :foryou:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you go to eBay and sign in, then sign up for something called "eBay bucks", there is a box to check for emails. 

You'll get maybe 4-5 emails a day, but they'll tell you about these kinds of promotions  :foryou:

Get anything good with the discount?  I ended up passing because I spent way too much for the holidays LOL.  Will likely pick up something the next time there's a good coupon!

Heck I'm not complaining but I always wonder how is eBay making money off of this if they're giving away the 10% commission they charge from sellers. 

I can understand if that makes you shop for more items later but how often does that happen. And judging by the rate they're throwing those discounts there's probably something else I'm missing here that they're gaining

They get their 10% on shipping if separate. But yeah, I am not sure how the math works on a 15% coupon though unless ebay just feels that having a boost of commission free business helps their sellers be more viable? It does give an incentive to list BIns at FMV, which is maybe better for ebay.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

When was there 30%?

I've never seen one that amount before. :whatthe:

I just picked up a pricey book when they were running the 10% eBay Bucks promotion the day before, so I didn't really want to see this one show up in my email yesterday to tempt me into more purchases. :tonofbricks:  If their current business model is somehow connected to draining my wallet -- these continual promotions are working very nicely for them. lol 

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Get anything good with the discount?  I ended up passing because I spent way too much for the holidays LOL.  Will likely pick up something the next time there's a good coupon!

I kind of got too excited seeing a book listed that I had looked for a long time ago.... still over spent lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I kind of got too excited seeing a book listed that I had looked for a long time ago.... still over spent lol

you already bought it, so share...whatchaget?

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

you already bought it, so share...whatchaget?

I paid for it so if the seller doesn't allow me to cancel, I'll understand, but I really don't know exactly why I bought it haha. I've been Blunder Struck lol but it'll be a nice reader! just kind of embarrassed :shy: 

s-l1600.jpg

I am still trying to grasp the economics of 15-30% coupons as they don't own PayPal. It does drive traffic to the site as you want to log in to make sure you are not missing a big coupon. If you log in you might bid or buy sans coupon 

I do not think there has been a 30% off, at least not for collectibles. The most that I have seen is 20% and I am on ebay every day.

Edited by Bird
I could be wrong though. It does happen occasionally!