• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amanda Conner cover prices?

8 posts in this topic

So, I’ve been looking for a Conner Harley cover for a while but don’t see a lot of early ones for sale. Also, she’s asking high prices for her newer art. 

Am I missing something, is she that coveted or overrated? Do you think her prices a justified? 

I can see 3-4K for her early Harley covers but not over 5k for newer ones. 

Thoughts and opinions?

Even though Amanda Conner has drawn 100+ covers with Harley Quinn I believe she only sells a limited selection every year not to flood the market and keep the prices up (she revealed how many in an interview I can't find right now, maybe in Washington Post). One can argue if this is the right tactic, but if the character's popularity doesn't fade that is one way of getting the most $$$ for your artwork. She used to have Albert Moy as an agent, but now she sells her artwork by herself through the Paperfilms website and the prices have gone up significantly. I remember Albert selling the Power Girl covers for four figures but nothing compared to what her Harley Quinn covers cost now. I suppose she isn't pressed to sell so she can hold on to it until someone is prepared to pay what she is asking for it.

And I also like to think that the scarcity of her older artwork for sale has something to do with collectors and fans buying out of love and not for speculation and keeping it. I can only speak for myself, but unless someone is offering me a ridiculous amount there is not very likely that it is ever leaving my own collection. One reason is that it would obviously be very hard to replace without overpaying someone else.

As always a piece of OA is worth what someone is willing to pay, so if Conner's newer artwork doesn't sell for what she is asking for the prices will eventually go down if she wants to move it. Overpriced? Maybe. But only time will (as always) tell.

Edited by Caltex98

Cal, 

Thanks. I do think she is talented but as you say, time will tell. I see the Dodson covers and they remind me of Conner but at much lower prices. Both talented but at different ends of the spectrum in price. 

Hopefully, I can find a cover at a reasonable price. 

5 hours ago, Dayzen said:

I can see 3-4K for her early Harley covers but not over 5k for newer ones. 

Thoughts and opinions?

$12K for the new Red Sonja cover. I really like almost all of Amanda and Jimmy's work, but in terms of art it just normally out of my impulse buy category. Like the previously Red Sonja cover. Looks really nice, I'd like it, but no way I could just willy-nilly drop even close to 12K on it.

5 minutes ago, Dokstarr said:

$12K for the new Red Sonja cover. I really like almost all of Amanda and Jimmy's work, but in terms of art it just normally out of my impulse buy category. Like the previously Red Sonja cover. Looks really nice, I'd like it, but no way I could just willy-nilly drop even close to 12K on it.

And $20k for Ms Marvel covers. Her interior pages are pretty reasonable. 

1 minute ago, AnkurJ said:

Its basically a not for sale price. They aren't interested in selling them thus the prices.

And it keeps people from continually asking her how much and why isn't she selling.