• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something something something
3 3

Something something something  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Something something something

• This thread is a poll about something
    • This thread is a poll about something

72 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

kav.  Who was the guy you started this thread for and why did you change it?

James Johnson-but everyone kept saying Sharon so I changed it.  I thought James did such a great job rooting out scammers  and got the label swapper busted.

My plan now is to wait till all the votes are in then change it to

Is Kav super awesome?
Y - 234

N - 5

lol 

Edited by kav

12 hours ago, sckao said:

Sharon actually won the Best Forumite Award in 2009....before Kav joined the boards. :baiting:

CGC Best Forumite Award

Azkaban
Larryw7
ADAMANTIUM

greggy
Crassus
Deadone

NewEnglandGothic
MikeNYC
mschmidt

Dr. X
Stormsurge 
quadman78

Harvey Swick
143ksk 
Marty Mann

Thirdgreenham
Oakman 
Comix4fun

decepticon
God of Thunder 
Marvelfangirl

Sckao
G.A.tor
FlyingDonut

GACollectibles
Scrooge
Silver

Point Five
Skypinkblu
EvilAsh

comicdonna
nerfherder-3
Flee-Marquette

Jbcomicbox
Ze-Man
Chromium

Honorable Mention
Flyingdonut
Goldust40
KingOfRulers

Nearmint
Valiantman
Skybolt

Honorable Mention
Bullet123
Kevinboyd
Delekkerste
drbanner

In looking at this list, I’m kind of surprised not to see Bang Zoom in probably 2016. His GA collection thread was the best thread I’ve ever seen on these boards. But, many of you are probably not GA folks.

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

In looking at this list, I’m kind of surprised not to see Bang Zoom in probably 2016. His GA collection thread was the best thread I’ve ever seen on these boards. But, many of you are probably not GA folks.

It is quite amazing.

23 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Just curious.

CGC will decide who will win the best forumite of the year excluded our recommendation or vote?

I've asked what the process involved was a couple of times but don't recall any specific answer.

I think it might be based on post count or positive upticks-- who knows really. In the end, the award does go to some great people but no metrics or reasoning is given. The only thing I do know is that there is no voting by the general membership involved.

In the end-- not a big deal and whoever does get it deserves it.

If you look at the list though-- I do not see any repeat winners. If that is the case, "voting" for Sharon, while nice to applaud her continued efforts here, will not likely lead to anything.

Too bad it doesn’t go to a deserving individual who has made a difference here like Sharon or the gentleman who was mentioned in the original title. There are probably a few more here that would deserve this distinction. Someone just making a lot of one word posts to boost their post counts seems like a real waste. The nomination would mean a lot more coming from the members of these boards.  :foryou:

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Too bad it doesn’t go to a deserving individual who has made a difference here like Sharon or the gentleman who was mentioned in the original title. There are probably a few more here that would deserve this distinction. Someone just making a lot of one word posts to boost their post counts seems like a real waste. The nomination would mean a lot more coming from the members of these boards.  :foryou:

I agree 110% 

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

to be fair-- no one here really knows how they choose the forumites of the year (or at least they are not stepping forward with that type of information). ALSO-- no one is saying that the winners were not deserving in some way. We just don't know specifically why they were chosen.

I was merely suggesting potential methods that would give some sort of metrics to base it on-- and the number of posts, one word or not, would be an indication of atleast being here. I have no actual idea how it is determined-- I just threw out post count et al as potential ways to measure worth to a forum like ours.

Every year that I see the people who have won the Forumite title-- I know who those folks are, have read their posts and how much they add to the website. If someone won who people were against, I am sure there would be some angry posts about it. Never have seen that although I've only been here about 4-5 years - so what do I know. I'm such a noob!

Edited by 01TheDude

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Looking at the list of past winners it's pretty clear to me that they're all great picks and deserving individuals.  I don't believe it's based strictly on post count.