Walmart Marvel Comics Variants
3 3

61 posts in this topic

5,406 posts

Picked up some new Walmart Marvel comics last week. Basically there's 3 books per pack for around $7.99. Here's a short list of a few variants.

Uncanny X-men #1 White Logo Variant

Venom Annual #1 Yellow Logo Variant

Spider-man Enter The Spider-Verse #1 Red Logo (Variant Edition on cover)

Spider Geddon #1 Walmart exclusive

 

 

Walmart X-men #1.jpg

Walmart Venom Annual #1.jpg

Walmart Spider-Verse #1.jpg

Walmart Spidey Geddon #1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155 posts

There's a Star Wars: SOLO one as well.

Just wondering what are the pack outs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,406 posts
3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Nice, what's the indica say? 

So far the X-men and Spider Verse are identical to the direct editions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
742 posts

I think Wal-Mart will turn out to be a treasure trove of unnoticed variants.

They’re the only place I‘ve really seen the Canadian newsstand price variants of Archie’s Marvel Comics Digest series, for example.

The big question is whether anyone will care about a white logo or an $8.99 cover price down the road. And are these books actually any scarcer than any other version? It will be interesting to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,406 posts

Also this time around the backing board is not as flimsy and 9.6 to 9.8 might be possible. :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974 posts
17 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

There's a Star Wars: SOLO one as well.

Just wondering what are the pack outs.

There was also an Avengers book as well. I cant remember the issue number.  Edit: I was just there this morning it is an Avengers 10 (2018) Red Logo and they also had Infinity Wars 1 with a pinkish white logo

Edited by mysterymachine
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974 posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974 posts
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So they look exactly the same?

 

Other than the logo color change, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155 posts
Posted (edited)

Bought the Spider-Geddon pack, this is the pack out. Looks like the Lenticuler cover month may be the pack outs.

walmart.jpg.841ffc75a7100747b788ac02c653f1be.jpgwal3.jpg.2464a835d3bcbb8bffeb87e0a0633c0a.jpgwal2.jpg.2459e462c1e39b2ca081a0084ae50ba9.jpg

Edited by WhatMeWorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,632 posts
18 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Bought the Spider-Geddon pack, this is the pack out. Looks like the Lenticuler cover month may be the pack outs.

wal2.jpg.2459e462c1e39b2ca081a0084ae50ba9.jpg

"Manufactured between....in Glasgow, KY, USA"

Interesting....hm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,632 posts

Somebody going to convince me these aren't Newsstand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Somebody going to convince me these aren't Newsstand? 

They don't have the correct barcodes to be Newsstand, and they weren't available separately in the appropriate months.  Maybe these are "21st Century Whitman Walmart Pre-Pack Only". (:

Edited by valiantman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,632 posts
21 minutes ago, valiantman said:

They don't have the correct barcodes to be Newsstand, and they weren't available separately in the appropriate months.  Maybe these are "21st Century Whitman Walmart Pre-Pack Only". (:

Not sure what you mean by "correct barcodes". When you purchase them they scan the bar code on the front comic. Yes, they are probably closer to Whitmans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
49 minutes ago, valiantman said:

They don't have the correct barcodes to be Newsstand, and they weren't available separately in the appropriate months.  Maybe these are "21st Century Whitman Walmart Pre-Pack Only". (:

Not sure what you mean by "correct barcodes". When you purchase them they scan the bar code on the front comic. Yes, they are probably closer to Whitmans.

Newsstand barcodes have 14 digits (12 on the left, 2 on the right).  Direct editions have 17 digits (12 on the left, 5 on the right).  These are the 17 variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,632 posts
1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Newsstand barcodes have 14 digits (12 on the left, 2 on the right).  Direct editions have 17 digits (12 on the left, 5 on the right).  These are the 17 variety.

Right, that was how they used to be. But they don't make newsstands anymore. However, Marvel is now apparently. Walmart would be considered a newsstand, correct, not a comic shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3