• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walmart Marvel Comics Variants
3 3

160 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2019 at 2:30 PM, Prestige comics said:

Hello, just registered so I could get in on this topic with this shocking and profound question... Why hasn't anyone stressed anything about keeping the 3-packs in their original packaging for highest collectible value? I have Uncanny X-men #1, Captain Marvel #1, and the Black Cat #1 in original unopened shrink. 

This factor has ALWAYS BEEN the key in all other collecting venues I've seen. Does this NOT apply for these? 

A lot of times no because many want to get the highest grade possible to do that they have to open the package
and attempt to slab the comic if the grade is high enough. If not they will sell it raw. 

Maybe in a few years the ones still shrink wrapped will demand a small premium, but knowing the new collectors
in the market I don't they that is high on their priority list anymore.

24 minutes ago, Prestige comics said:

Okay,  but wouldn't you think that one could get the highest grade when it's still in it's original package? To me it's like taking Mr potato head out of his box and selling him off without his hat, glasses,  or shoes. 

That's not always the case with these books. There's only one backing board supporting three books. Although, these boards are slightly stronger than the first wave, many of these books have stress marks on the spine. I have personally opened up at least 10 packs and it's hit and miss. As far as keeping them sealed in it's original package, I am sure the market will eventually decide if they're worth more than single copies.

Where are people finding these at Walmart? I was at a nearby Walmart this afternoon and looked in the toy section, the "books" section, and the checkout area. Didn't see any comic books. The store was crowded so I didn't ask any employees for help (and in the past, Walmart employees haven't been particularly helpful).

On 9/28/2019 at 7:45 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Where are people finding these at Walmart? I was at a nearby Walmart this afternoon and looked in the toy section, the "books" section, and the checkout area. Didn't see any comic books. The store was crowded so I didn't ask any employees for help (and in the past, Walmart employees haven't been particularly helpful).

Not all Walmart’s carry them. Just from my experience it’s less than 50%

But the ones I’ve found them at, still have them....

On 9/30/2019 at 12:46 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Next time I'm at this Walmart I'll take another look but I don't remember seeing any baseball cards in the front area, either.

Not all Walmarts have a section. I went to probably 10 during the hype of the Ms. Marvel variant cover. It's always in the front with the baseball cards. 

On 9/30/2019 at 3:46 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Next time I'm at this Walmart I'll take another look but I don't remember seeing any baseball cards in the front area, either.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:19 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Not all Walmarts have a section. I went to probably 10 during the hype of the Ms. Marvel variant cover. It's always in the front with the baseball cards. 

The couple by me have the cards in the isle between the self checkout and the regular checkout lines. That's where the comics are as well.

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I stopped by a nearby Wal-Mart only to find they had restocked on more Marvel 3-Packs! So I purchased this one that had a King Thor #1 (Variant Issue). However, after searching various sites and databases I can't find this particular variant mentioned anywhere. Does anyone have any info on this cover? Here are some pics. 

Thanks!

Resized_20191102_121322.jpeg

Resized_20191102_121756.jpeg

Resized_20191102_121638.jpeg