• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walmart Marvel Comics Variants
3 3

160 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, classicaaron said:

I just got this spidey from Walmart on Saturday. I don't buy the alternate colored logo versions like the xforce shown but I will get all the different covers like the black cat.  anyways I think this one is all new.  its at least not used for issue 33 but does anyone know if this was just taken from another issue which they have done in the past.  love the cover regardless.

spidey.jpg

My understanding is this is in fact new art never used before from Felipe Massafera, he has not done much work for Marvel in the US but certainly an artist to watch and a great cover as well. He rarely comes to the US but is huge in Brazil.

I finally discovered where my local Walmart keeps trading cards and comics. There's a big display for the DC Comics 100 page books. I've seen a handful of the Marvel three packs as well. Never more than three or four at a time. Either they're being snatched up quickly or only a few are put out.

9 hours ago, LeviC said:

Are these something you can find in store or are they only available online? And are they something that any Wal-mart would carry or are they limited to certain areas or store sizes?

Only certain stores have them. I don’t believe you can find them online. You have to check the front isles of the store by the cash registers where the sports and gamers cards are.

V.

I had to pick up my online order today and I almost got the asm 33 pack as I had to go in and grab another item. There was only 1 of these compared to multiple of everything else. Ultimately I left it there 

Edited by oldbsturgeon

On 3/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, Serpentor said:

Might as well buy the comics.  They are as close to tp as you will get in a Walmart right now.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, mysterymachine said:

Twenty years into the future-

"These Wal-Mart books are highly valuable due to the great TP shortage of 2020. Many people had to use these as an alternative and only a few remain."

:makepoint:

Current Marvels are useless as TP. The pages are already covered with :censored:!

4 hours ago, Wyrmwould said:

Some have different bar codes, some have NO barcodes, some have different color logos and some have variant covers. If you collect I'll assume you know what NEWSSTAND means...

Please enlighten us with your wisdom.....

4 hours ago, Wyrmwould said:

Some have different bar codes, some have NO barcodes, some have different color logos and some have variant covers. If you collect I'll assume you know what NEWSSTAND means...

Who are you talking to? There are no newsstands in the current waves of Walmart prepacks.

21 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Who are you talking to? There are no newsstands in the current waves of Walmart prepacks.

The front book, the WalMart exclusive could be considered a newsstand. Now I assume some with get into semantics of how they are distributed, yada, yada, yada....