• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Russ Cochran EC cover portfolio + a pile of very cheap Post-Code Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy books all publishers. Some cool & Unusual ones...
1 1

82 posts in this topic

Hey gang, had some time off during the holidays. Wasn't going to do a sale but have a nice pile of post code horror books I picked up a few months ago just sitting around. Some interesting titles with some good art and fun stories. Was going to just put them in my show boxes but thought I'd just post them here first. Nothing big, key or high priced. In fact most are easily under $50. If you like fun readers, this might be a fun thread.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

First one up is a little different. This is a large portfolio of the complete run of Panic covers by Russ Cochran from 1985. These covers were printed for the large hardbound volumes and when he was done, he sold the leftovers in portfolio sets in an illustrated envelope.

This is a full set of Panic #1-12. Flat and un-trimmed. Excellent condition and were probably just stored away in the original envelope. Envelope has some discoloration and torn on flap.

Was $45.  Now $35. + $12.50 postage

panicportfolio1.jpg

panicportfolio2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Black Magic V5#2 #32 Sept/Oct 1954

Nice Simon and Kirby cover and interior art. Pretty good interior pre-code stories as well.

Has pink paper tape down length of spine and re-stapled. Pop Hollinger copy? White tape around perimeter of inside cover and some small tears repaired inside cover with tape. Looks like it might be trimmed on edges as well. Strictly a cheap reader.

$15.

blackmagic32a.jpg

blackmagic32b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Climax #1 July 1955

Short run Gilmore pubs title. Quite a bit "softer" than the books they did a year or so earlier.

A few long, thin cover creases. A couple small edge tears and just general wear. Book and centerfold still tight to covers. Supple, clean interior paper.

$30.

climax1a.jpg

climax1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Climax #2 Sept 1955

Second and last issue of this title. Own 'em both all at once!

Split at lower spine almost to bottom staple. Small tear and split at top of spine. Several small edge tears and creases. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Yellowed, supple interior pages.

$20.

climax2a.jpg

climax2b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

1950's Mexican Forbidden Worlds Comic. Not sure which issue.

Very nice higher grade copy. No tears, creases or major damage. Small bend at top and a few small spine ticks. Tight, clean with white pages

$10.

forbiddenworldsmex1.jpg

forbiddenworldsmex2.jpg

:takeit:

Can't resist this  friend.

7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

missed the reader by a minute!

You didn't miss the Spook, I screwed up and posted it twice. It's yours Jimmers!

Sorry mi amigo, looks like you did get beat on it. I'm a little sloppy today...

Edited by Robot Man