• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cracked SS yellow label case

3 posts in this topic

Just bought a SS yellow label, 9.8 CGC number verified already but case is cracked bottom right hand corner and comic is signed 4X. My question is, if I send this in to be recased will the grade and verified signatures still hold up and qualify for a yellow label SS?

9CDF6C57-9DC4-4E1E-B697-C92B9FBC0257.jpeg

2CBAFDE4-0AFE-4CAD-B72C-9ABC9820E69A.jpeg

Most likely should still qualify, unless there's clear evidence of tampering or obvious damage to the comic that would prevent the grade from remaining the same.  But you'd be better served contacting CGC and asking them questions directly and having them walking you through the process and the issues.

The verified signatures and Yellow label will hold up but the integrity of the grade will be in play. If the book has sustained damage, the grade may change. Since it doesn't take much to detract from a 9.8, I would not risk it and return the book. Sorry.