• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

Bob Layton is going for an obvious money grab through credit.   Think he’s not gonna pursue getting royalty rights for every skirt he drew.  Or chased.  

Iron man was always my favorite character but not because one artist drew him or one story defined him.  It was because of who he was upon inception in 1963.   What a ‘*spoon*’ Bob Layton is for claiming this so obviously false.   And the rest of his pontification is the type of arrogance that only his mother should tolerate.   And even then she’d probably laugh and say “ I know you are only 3 inches”.  

5 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

Bob Layton is going for an obvious money grab through credit.   Think he’s not gonna pursue getting royalty rights for every skirt he drew.  Or chased.  

Iron man was always my favorite character but not because one artist drew him or one story defined him.  It was because of who he was upon inception in 1963.   What a ‘*spoon*’ Bob Layton is for claiming this so obviously false.   And the rest of his pontification is the type of arrogance that only his mother should tolerate.   And even then she’d probably laugh and say “ I know you are only 3 inches”.  

But he's a self-proclaimed sex symbol!!!
I hope he experiences a twitter storm of truly epic proportions.  Huge egos cannot go unpunished.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

But he's a self-proclaimed sex symbol!!!
I hope he experiences a twitter storm of truly epic proportions.  Huge egos cannot go unpunished.

Maybe he can claim co-credit for creating a drunk iron man in his likeness?

3 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

Maybe he can claim co-credit for creating a drunk iron man in his likeness?

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

What a prickly pompous popinjay.  Co-creator is reserved for those who created the character.  Did the writer who came up with gold kryptonite claim co-creator status of superman?

THIS.  This in a nutshell.  

10 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

What a prickly pompous popinjay.  

Edited by kav

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Bob Layton was born in 1953

Iron Man was first published in 1963

Bob Layton's claims, if true would make him the most prolific 10 year old the comics community has ever seen.

Now I need to repost this on Twitter and IG and tag him in it. 

Talented, precocious guy.  

Compared to him, Valiant’s Jim Shooter was a late starter in comics when he began writing LOSH at the geriatric age of 14. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Talented, precocious guy.  

Compared to him, Valiant’s Jim Shooter was a late starter in comics when he began writing LOSH at the geriatric age of 14. 

dont forget thats just when he got HIRED to do Iron man-he actually came up with the character at the age of 3!!!!!  

Who would you say was the creator of Groot? Was it the guy back in 1962 who did a throw away storyline or does whomever reimagined him in the 1990s get any credit?  I'm not defending Layton but how much recreating of a character does one have to do to get co-creator status? I'd argue whomever did Magnus and the Western heroes in the Valiant Universe have as much creator status as the 1960s writers.

Just now, oakman29 said:

In the grand scheme of things who really gives a rats...xxx

I dare you to tell that to someone with bee infestation!!!!  

-still charge em tho

Who would you say was the creator of Groot? Was it the guy back in 1962 who did a throw away storyline or does whomever reimagined him in the 1990s get any credit?  I'm not defending Layton but how much recreating of a character does one have to do to get co-creator status? I'd argue whomever did Magnus and the Western heroes in the Valiant Universe have as much creator status as the 1960s writers.

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

In the grand scheme of things who really gives a rats...xxx

I dare you to tell that to someone with rat infestation!!!!  

-still charge em tho

Edited by kav

15 minutes ago, kav said:

I dare you to tell that to someone with rat infestation!!!!  

-still charge em tho

Layton knows that he really isn't the co creator, everyone else knows too.

I could say I'm the king of Atlantis, but would I be? No.