• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

still misleading but now it says

Considered THE definitive Iron Man creator. Writer, Artist & Editor for Marvel,Valiant,Future & DC Comics. Screenwriter for film & TV. Mature sex symbol.

18 minutes ago, Bird said:

Considered THE definitive Iron Man creator. Writer, Artist & Editor for Marvel,Valiant,Future & DC Comics. Screenwriter for film & TV. Mature sex symbol.

um 4 episodes of second rate cartoons doesnt make someone a 'screenwriter' IMO.  This guy really pads a resume.  Dont see any 'films' he's written....

Someone pls ask him on instagram wow I didnt know you were a film writer!  Can you tell me what films you have written so I can watch them immediately??!

Edited by kav

54 minutes ago, Bird said:

I have a yellow label X-Factor 5 signed by Layton.  I kinda want to set it on fire now.

He seems like the type of creeper that would be featured in a Cenegenics commercial on his 78th birthday with his 19 year old girlfriend.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

thats twitter

instagram still says hes the creator of iron man and other stuff

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I have a yellow label X-Factor 5 signed by Layton.  I kinda want to set it on fire now.

He seems like the type of creeper that would be featured in a Cenegenics commercial on his 78th birthday with his 19 year old girlfriend.

Youtube video of deslabbing/igniting then post on his twitter would be legendary.

Just now, Logan510 said:

No, that would be something a loser would do 2c

Maybe we should just have sympathy for the dude-he obviously has low self esteem.  

Just now, kav said:

Maybe we should just have sympathy for the dude-he obviously has low self esteem.  

I think maybe some people here need to not take it so personally. Anyone who knows anything about Marvel comics knows he didn't create Iron Man.

I didn't see this much butthurt when Jack Kirby started claiming he created Spider-Man.

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I think maybe some people here need to not take it so personally. Anyone who knows anything about Marvel comics knows he didn't create Iron Man.

I didn't see this much butthurt when Jack Kirby started claiming he created Spider-Man.

True but there is some evidence Kirby designed the costume.  There is no evidence Layton did anything but a minor redesign.  Can the guy who made black spiderman outfit claim he 'co-created' spider man?

There's 3 issues here-

Making a false claim about co creating Iron Man.

Padding resume that he's a 'screenwriter'.

Blocking people who questioned his claims.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

True but there is some evidence Kirby designed the costume.  There is no evidence Layton did anything but a minor redesign.  Can the guy who made black spiderman outfit claim he 'co-created' spider man?

There is NO evidence Kirby created the Spider-Man costume.

And as for the rest it gets a big (shrug) from me.

Harassing the guy on social media and suggesting people post videos of destroying comics he's worked on just to irritate him is silly at best.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

There's 3 issues here-

Making a false claim about co creating Iron Man.

Padding resume that he's a 'screenwriter'.

Blocking people who questioned his claims.

Again...(shrug)

I know he didn't create Iron Man, that's good enough for me.

20 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I've met him and had a positive experience.

I think it's OK to let this one go (shrug)

First, I've met him too and he was mostly fine.

That really has nothing to do with what he is now claiming.  And, to let it go would be to say it's okay for him to claim he co-created Iron Man.  It's not okay.  Yes, most Marvel fans will know he didn't co-create Iron Man but it's those who might not be familiar that will be mislead.  And, over time a lie eventually can become the truth in some eyes if heard enough.  As comic fans who have respect for the real creators of these great characters, we should just let random artist make false claims?  This isn't a claim of some small time character.  This is IRON MAN.  One of the top charachters of the MCU and I have too much passion and respect for Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Larry Leiber for this overinflated ego to pass off that he had anything to do with the creation of Iron Man.  

Just my opinion. :)

Edited by Mark 1

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Harassing the guy on social media 

Posting that he isn't the co-creator of Iron Man isn't harassing him.  It's a fact.  The man is blocking and deleting comments that are stating facts.  You are okay with this?  How?

Just now, Mark 1 said:

First, I've met him too and he was mostly fine.

That really nothing to do with what he is now claiming.  And, to let it go would be to say it's okay for him to claim he co-created Iron Man.  It's not okay.  Yes, most Marvel fans will know he didn't co-create Iron Man but it's those who might not be familiar that will be mislead.  And, over time a lie eventually can become the truth in some eyes if heard enough.  As comic fans who have respect for the real creators of these great characters, we should just let random artist make false claims?  This isn't a claim of some small time character.  This is IRON MAN.  One of the top charachters of the MCU and I have too much passion and respect for Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Larry Leiber for this overinflated ego to pass off that he had anything to do with the creation of Iron Man.  

Just my opinion. :)

And as an Iron Man fan I bet you absolutely love the movies and I mostly think they're krap. Fans who know nothing about the characters will now see that Iron Man as THE Iron Man, even though I know the Iron Man I love has almost nothing to do with what is represented on the screen.

I really doubt Bob Layton is going to convince a whole generation of fans that he created Iron Man.

1 minute ago, Mark 1 said:

Posting that he isn't the co-creator of Iron Man isn't harassing him.  It's a fact.  The man is blocking and deleting comments that are stating facts.  You are okay with this?  How?

I don't care...and I thought I didn't have a life lol

Just now, Logan510 said:

And as an Iron Man fan I bet you absolutely love the movies and I mostly think they're krap. Fans who know nothing about the characters will now see that Iron Man as THE Iron Man, even though I know the Iron Man I love has almost nothing to do with what is represented on the screen.

I really doubt Bob Layton is going to convince a whole generation of fans that he created Iron Man.

Then why is he posting it?  Ask yourself that.  

Your points really aren't making sense to me, sorry.  The movies have nothing to do with this argument.  

He's making a money grab for something and it's disgusting.  

And I hated Iron Man 3

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I don't care...and I thought I didn't have a life lol

Then why are you posting here in this thread?  Go post somewhere else that interests you.  

9 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

There is NO evidence Kirby created the Spider-Man costume.

And as for the rest it gets a big (shrug) from me.

Harassing the guy on social media and suggesting people post videos of destroying comics he's worked on just to irritate him is silly at best.

Well its silly to claim he created iron man why should he get to be silly and no one else!