• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I wanna be a cowboy.:)

Nope sorry no openings right now.  Try back later.

Just now, oakman29 said:

:taptaptap:

ok ok we can squeeze you in-but the only opening we have is manure guy-

Re Layton's alleged screenwriting, his website boblayton.com claims he has written screenplays for four movies said to be in production: Mettle and the Helix for Edward James Olmos of Blade Runner fame, an action move called Jacker for "superstar comedian/actor" Dane Cook, who I've never heard of, and  a comedy/horror movie named Shambler.

17 hours ago, Mark 1 said:

He has deleted all your posts.  And the other guy who called him a name.  

Interesting....he thinks he can delete it away.

Aaaaaaaaand he blocked me. lol 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

harassing someone online because of butthurt....

Just for the record, I have not harassed him, or anyone else, online. I know you weren't talking about ME, but I just wanted to make that clear. I don't have a social media presence beyond this board, if that counts. 

I bet if someone stole one of your ideas and attempted to take public credit for it, you might get a little "butthurt" too. 

It astonishes me that people treat property theft and intellectual theft so very differently. Folks can get outraged when a collection is stolen, but when someone tries to take credit for an idea worth billions of dollars, it's NO BIG DEAL. "Pffft. Why the butthurt?" :screwy:

Edited by newshane

One thing is for certain, if society doesn't take intellectual theft seriously, at least the courts will. 

If I spread a ridiculous LIE on social media, I'd expect to get called out (aka "harassed") about it. 

18 minutes ago, newshane said:

Just for the record, I have not harassed him, or anyone else, online. I know you weren't talking about ME, but I just wanted to make that clear. I don't have a social media presence beyond this board, if that counts. 

I bet if someone stole one of your ideas and attempted to take public credit for it, you might get a little "butthurt" too. 

It astonishes me that people treat property theft and intellectual theft so very differently. Folks can get outraged when a collection is stolen, but when someone tries to take credit for an idea worth billions of dollars, it's NO BIG DEAL. "Pffft. Why the butthurt?" :screwy:

Layton is trying to "steal an idea worth billions of dollars"? A little hyperbole don't you think?

In this day and age, that is not going to happen. At worst the guy gets some notice from Disney telling him to stop, at the least he makes himself look foolish.

12 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Layton is trying to "steal an idea worth billions of dollars"? A little hyperbole don't you think?

You're right. I should have said "millions" of dollars. :)

13 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

At worst the guy gets some notice from Disney telling him to stop, at the least he makes himself look foolish.

That's fine with me. A simple correction back to the truth would suffice. 

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

harassing someone online because of butthurt is a bit silly but it seems that what we do here

harass people, follow them, troll them etc

drive by trolling

giphy.gif

Edited by porcupine48