• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, M.T.Lott said:

Hockey is the ultimate non-stop action sport. It's the only sport I can think of that doesn't stop the action for substitutions. Theoretically you could play the entire game with no whistles blown.

It also ruins the "a 1 - 0 game is boring" claim.

I can see how hockey would be interesting it just doesnt excite me.  

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Bingo.

also, side note-90% of the time if someone challenges you to 'step outside' and you immediately go outside, they will vanish.  Also if you jump up and crescent kick a parking sign and spin it around that seems to dampen their spirits.

I always liked the beer bottle in the face maneuver followed by a VERY quick exit. lol 

4 minutes ago, newshane said:

I always liked the beer bottle in the face maneuver followed by a VERY quick exit. lol 

bad idea.  Glass objects terrible weapons.  Good in movies, bad in real life.  Buddy sliced flexor tendon middle finger doing that now has stiff immobile finger.  Opponent was unharmed and retaliated swiftly.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

bad idea.  Glass objects terrible weapons.  Good in movies, bad in real life.  Buddy sliced flexor tendon middle finger doing that now has stiff immobile finger.  Opponent was unharmed and retaliated swiftly.

Of course. 

The best thing to do is learn how to avoid those sort of conflicts in the first place. 

In my case, being physically imposing has helped more often than not. The little guys are the ones who really need to know their stuff. 

Just now, newshane said:

Of course. 

The best thing to do is learn how to avoid those sort of conflicts in the first place. 

In my case, being physically imposing has helped more often than not. The little guys are the ones who really need to know their stuff. 

exactly.  And, the really big guys generally never had to learn to fight.  Many have never fought-just shoved people around.  Little guys or med guys sometimes learn to fight.  because they have to.  One thing I've found when dealing with really big guys if you immediately accept their challenge and get ready to fight they get alarmed-this has never happened before.  Off hand cant think of any really big guys that I actually had to fight-they always retreated.

1 minute ago, kav said:

exactly.  And, the really big guys generally never had to learn to fight.  Many have never fought-just shoved people around.  Little guys or med guys sometimes learn to fight.  because they have to.  One thing I've found when dealing with really big guys if you immediately accept their challenge and get ready to fight they get alarmed-this has never happened before.  Off hand cant think of any really big guys that I actually had to fight-they always retreated.

haha...buddy of mine was talking the other day about his BIG brother who used to beat the stuffing out of him. 

He said he won a lot of fights simply because he was used to getting punched and most of the people he fought were not used to getting punched. They had an "OH :censored:!" type of reaction when they got hit, which allowed him to pummel them even more. lol 

28 minutes ago, newshane said:

To bring this thread back to its original intention, I will write Bob Layton tonight and post the results (if any) tomorrow. (thumbsu

I'm curious about his reply.  

Plus here's my thoughts. 

Jordan all the way.  And Lebron played for my Heat and won for us.  Still...Jordan was the GOAT. 

Getting a black belt for kids is a bit of a joke and more about the kids showing up and you paying.  For adults, they make it harder.  

And, Bob Layton still had ZERO to do with creating Iron Man.  He may have adapted his story and armors but he didn't create it.  I care about these things because over time when people are claiming this stuff it dilutes the importance of the true creators.  Some here might not care and clearly would rather talk sports.  That's too bad. 

1 minute ago, newshane said:

haha...buddy of mine was talking the other day about his BIG brother who used to beat the stuffing out of him. 

He said he won a lot of fights simply because he was used to getting punched and most of the people he fought were not used to getting punched. They had an "OH :censored:!" type of reaction when they got hit, which allowed him to pummel them even more. lol 

again bingo.  I was really little in jr high-everyone called me shorty.  But I fought my vicious brother daily and kids at school dropped when a McFlurry of punches headed their way.

1 minute ago, Mark 1 said:

Getting a black belt for kids is a bit of a joke and more about the kids showing up and you paying.  For adults, they make it harder.  

bingo

28 minutes ago, newshane said:

Using a bottle is a cowards trick. I had the back of my head opened up by some c*** who got me in a headlock and repeatedly smashed the bottom of a beer bottle into the back of my head. I have about five moon shaped scars on the back of my head now because of it. Lost a lot of claret that night, knocked out cold. Surprising how quickly you sober up after something like that and surprising too how so called mates will abandon you to save themselves.

3 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Using a bottle is a cowards trick. I had the back of my head opened up by some c*** who got me in a headlock and repeatedly smashed the bottom of a beer bottle into the back of my head. I have about five moon shaped scars on the back of my head now because of it. Lost a lot of claret that night, knocked out cold. Surprising how quickly you sober up after something like that and surprising too how so called mates will abandon you to save themselves.

I've never once seen a buddy step in to help when the main dude gets hammered.  Thats why i've never been much scared of multiple opponents.  

If main dude is holding his own then they'll jump in.

Edited by kav

10 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

I've never used a bottle, but I've always assumed there are no rules on the streets. No one cares about your honor if you are bleeding face down in the streets. 

That knowledge has kept me out of a lot of fights...that and the fact that I've never cared much for alcohol. 

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

The Legion of Doom was that Flyers line from the 90's that got castrated by Detroit in the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals. Lindros, LeClair, and Brind'Amour I think.

You're high as a kite if you enjoy watching golf. I put that or baseball on when I need some encouragement for a good snooze.

I knew you were a troll. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I knew you were a troll. 

Best thing to do if you're watching golf or baseball is to get high as a kite in the first place! 

You guys can watch football all you want...and basketball too. 

I'll be watching women's volleyball. B|

Just now, newshane said:

You guys can watch football all you want...and basketball too. 

I'll be watching women's volleyball. B|

BINGO

53 minutes ago, kav said:

I can see how hockey would be interesting it just doesnt excite me.  

Hockey tickets are very expensive here in NY in my opinion.