• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mark 1 said:

Then why is he posting it?  Ask yourself that.  

Your points really aren't making sense to me, sorry.  The movies have nothing to do with this argument.  

He's making a money grab for something and it's disgusting.  

And I hated Iron Man 3

Ok, you go be disgusted.

5 minutes ago, Mark 1 said:

And I hated Iron Man 3

Terrible.  When there's Iron Mans up the yin yang the whole idea of Iron Man becomes kinda boring.  Oh look another Iron Man.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Well its silly to claim he created iron man why should he get to be silly and no one else!

I know a guy who stood in line to get a free poster signed by Rob Liefeld, only to tear it up in front of him, just to be a d-bag.

I thought he was a loser for doing that.

2c

Just now, Logan510 said:

I know a guy who stood in line to get a free poster signed by Rob Liefeld, only to tear it up in front of him, just to be a d-bag.

I thought he was a loser for doing that.

2c

Now THAT is bad.  Liefeld is a nice guy and not a braggart.  

7 minutes ago, Mark 1 said:

Then why are you posting here in this thread?  Go post somewhere else that interests you.  

It's a free country? 

You have the right to have your righteous indignation.

I have the right to think it's a waste of time.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Now THAT is bad.  Liefeld is a nice guy and not a braggart.  

Well, LeBron James recently said he believed he's the greatest player of all time. Lets go harass him on twitter too.

Just now, Logan510 said:

It's a free country? 

You have the right to have your righteous indignation.

I have the right to think it's a waste of time.

But do you agree that Layton doesn't have the right to claim creator rights to Iron Man? 

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Well, LeBron James recently said he believed he's the greatest player of all time. Lets go harass him on twitter too.

BUT there's some argument to be made for that and plenty of people that would agree with him.  I dont think there's anyone backs Layton's claims.  PLUS LeBron said he 'believed' it.. he didnt say it was a fact.  Layton is not saying "I believe I am co creator of Iron Man".

You clearly don't get it.  I don't have righteous indignation.  I'm hoping to make sure this braggart doesn't get away with his claim he co-created Iron Man.  Simple.  He's a liar.  

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

But do you agree that Layton doesn't have the right to claim creator rights to Iron Man? 

Of course, it's silly, but I'm not personally offended by it.

Just now, Mark 1 said:

You clearly don't get it.  I don't have righteous indignation.  I'm hoping to make sure this braggart doesn't get away with his claim he co-created Iron Man.  Simple.  He's a liar.  

Plenty of lawyers on the boards, why don't you start a lawsuit against him lol

2 minutes ago, kav said:

BUT there's some argument to be made for that and plenty of people that would agree with him.  I dont think there's anyone backs Layton's claims.  PLUS LeBron said he 'believed' it.. he didnt say it was a fact.  Layton is not saying "I believe I am co creator of Iron Man".

But he's being a braggart, and those guys need to be taken down a notch or two right?

But he's being a braggart, and those guys need to be taken down a notch or two right?

good point.  Yes i agree some people should go after LeBron for bragging.

3 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

"greatest" is subjective.

"creator" is not subjective (or at least it is infinitely far less subjective)

There seem to be two things that are getting some peoples boxers in a bunch.

1) He's claiming co creation of a character when he was actually not a co creator of the character.

2) People assuming he's full of himself because he called himself a "mature sex symbol" and that in their eyes he padded his resume.

2 minutes ago, Mark 1 said:

Haha ha ha.  

Why are you bothering with this thread?  Because I started it?  You never really liked me so just go away.  Thanks.  

That's not how this works buddy (thumbsu

There seem to be two things that are getting some peoples boxers in a bunch.

1) He's claiming co creation of a character when he was actually not a co creator of the character.

2) People assuming he's full of himself because he called himself a "mature sex symbol" and that in their eyes he padded his resume.

Question: you dont think he's full of himself?

Just now, miraclemet said:

No one would start a thread if Layton claimed to be the greatest iron man artist. It would be egotistical, but harmless.

Claiming creator rights can be harmful to the actual IP owners.

OK, so notify Disney's lawyers and they can take care of it?