• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, littlebill said:

joseph louis barrow was the greatest heavy weight boxer of all time. but people that are ignorant call ali the greatest 

Yeah but he had an "L" against Rocky Marciano, who never had an "L" against anyone. hm

Bobby Jones was the GOAT.

Wilt is the GOAT. (Wilt = LeBron, Celtics = Warriors. When all is said and done and if Draymond Green has more rings than LeBron no one would ever say Green was better and yet Russelll gets the accolades while Wilt does not. And Kareem, great but not on my Rushmore.)

You gotta respect the old timers, not just immediately dismiss what you have never seen.

Edited by Bird

Is Bob Layton paying you guys off in “lay ups” for distracting from the actual topic thread title.

Basketball sux compared to Hockey.   Nuff Said

oh yeah and Bob Layton didn’t create Hockey either but if there was money on the table for him he would claim it.  

Just now, Bird said:

Bobby Jones was the GOAT.

Wilt is the GOAT. (Wilt = JeBron, Celtics = Warriors. Whenn all is said and done and if Draymond Green has more rings than LeBron no one would ever say Green was better and yet Russelll gets the accolades while Wilt does not. And Kareem, great but not on my Rushmore.)

You gotta respect the old timers, not just immediately dismiss what you have never seen.

Imma start calling him JeBron.....just because I think it would annoy the hell out of JeBron.

23 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Craig Ehlo was regarded as one of the premier 2 guard defenders in the league. He was as tall as Jordan, with great wingspan and lateral quickness. Jordan was able to stay in the air longer and with more composure.

But it's not just where the shot was taken, or who was defending, it was the circumstances surrounding the shot. The BIG picture that differentiates Durant hitting garbage time shots, or 3's with his team up 20 or down 20 in any old random game.

People may not remember that Jordan hit TWO shots, with the Bulls down by one each time, in the last 6 seconds of that game.

The last shot of that game wasn't just a buzzer beater. It was a shot that if he made it the Bulls won...the game and the series...and if he missed they lost and went home for the year. 

That was a playoff SERIES ending buzzer beater.

So, yeah, it was REALLY that impressive.

And this is a very well articulated testimonial in support of that shot - a shot that I think benefits from the legend of the man. It doesn't wholly owe to the legend of the man, it just benefits from it somewhat. 

It's a little like the Miracle on Ice: if you don't win that game, yes, you go home. But they neither won the medal anymore than that shot won the title. 

I'm going to sum it up this way: Jordan was a heck of a player, and so was Jabbar.  :foryou:

(So too was Chamberlain, Russell, Magic, Erving, West, Bird, and, yes, even LeBron!) 

37 minutes ago, newshane said:

Yeah but he had an "L" against Rocky Marciano, who never had an "L" against anyone. hm

your right but joe was 37. rocky never had a loss but no fault of his he built his undefeated record on washed up fighters and bums. i love rocky but in his prime joe would have beat rock down. 

I just watched greatest MJ moments and greatest LaBrawn moments-no comparison.  MJ can cut thru when surrounded by foes, like a skilled surgeon seeking the net-LaBrawn mainly has an open area when he scores.  MJ is supernatural in his ability LaBrawn is just a good player.  There's one clip where MJ, surrounded by foes, leaps to shoot, starts to shoot, gets pushed in mid air and snaps a little extra energy onto the ball in mid shoot to compensate for the mid air shove, and scores.  LaBrawn has nothing like that.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

I just watched greatest MJ moments and greatest LaBrawn moments-no comparison.  MJ can cut thru when surrounded by foes, like a skilled surgeon seeking the net-LaBrawn mainly has an open area when he scores.  MJ is supernatural in his ability LaBrawn is just a good player.  There's one clip where MJ, surrounded by foes, leaps to shoot, starts to shoot, gets pushed in mid air and snaps a little extra energy onto the ball in mid shoot to compensate for the mid air shove, and scores.  LaBrawn has nothing like that.

Yeah, but, LaBrawn has the weight of 6 Championships lost on his conscience. MJ has no idea what it's like to be that good...

2 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Football (Soccer) > MLB, NFL, NBA, UFC, NHL, WWF, and all other sports combined!

The sweat off my balls > Bob Layton

Football too slow paced for me-I like the rapid action of basketball.  As far as soccer, a game where its not uncommon no one scores or final score 1-0 just doesnt do it for me.

Edited by kav

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Yeah, but, LaBrawn has the weight of 6 Championships lost on his conscience. MJ has no idea what it's like to be that good...

:sorry:

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Football too slow paced for me-I like the rapid action of basketball.

If a team parks the bus and it ends up 0-0 it can be boring. But an end to end match where they are both going for it a real pleasure to watch and not slow paced at all. It's not called the beautiful game for nothing!

I quite like basketball and used to play for my school team but there's just hardly any following here in England.

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

This.

I need ACTION, baby.  And I'm not saying I watch sports-I dont.  Just sometimes youre somewhere a game is on and if its basketball my eyes keep heading for the screen.  Soccer-nope-its like watching a commercial.  Football-nope-seems like 90% of football is people standing around.

12 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Football (Soccer) > MLB, NFL, NBA, UFC, NHL, WWF, and all other sports combined!

The sweat off my balls > Bob Layton

World Wildlife Foundation..? They have a sport..? Hunting..?

Soccer is great to play, but it's as boring to watch as golf is.

MLB is hardly a "team" game. 1 guy hitting against a bunch of guys. Boring.

NFL only actually plays about 25% of the clock. Lazy and boring.

NBA has no physicality. They're athletic, but it's easy being cheesy in the breezy. High scores? Boring.

UFC is a couple of losers whaling on each other. Where's the skill? Having no fat? Boring.

Now, the NHL... Where guys are usually in peak human condition, flying around in razor-blade shoes, on a sheet of ice, handling a cylinder of rubber with a stick, destroying one another with huge body checks flying at 30+ MPH, shooting that biscuit 90+ MPH. Rivalries. Goals mean something as they're all valued the same score. The passing. The intelligence. The systems. The freaking game. Goalies making saves with unnatural athleticism. Fights. Improvisational plays. Pavel Datsyuk. That's it. That's hockey. It's all you need.

2 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

If a team parks the bus and it ends up 0-0 it can be boring. But an end to end match where they are both going for it a real pleasure to watch and not slow paced at all. It's not called the beautiful game for nothing!

I quite like basketball and used to play for my school team but there's just hardly any following here in England.

Sports is about scoring.  Thats the payoff, the cheering.  Few or no scoring-no payoff.  Might as well watch people chase each other around.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

NBA has no physicality. They're athletic, but it's easy being cheesy in the breezy. High scores? Boring.

UFC is a couple of losers whaling on each other. Where's the skill? Having no fat? Boring.

Now, the NHL... Where guys are usually in peak human condition, flying around in razor-blade shoes, on a sheet of ice, handling a cylinder of rubber with a stick, destroying one another with huge body checks flying at 30+ MPH, shooting that biscuit 90+ MPH. Rivalries. Goals mean something as they're all valued the same score. The passing. The intelligence. The systems. The freaking game. Goalies making saves with unnatural athleticism. Fights. Improvisational plays. Pavel Datsyuk. That's it. That's hockey. It's all you need.

I appreciate basketball because its the human body trying to do the impossible with skill and intelligence.  No padding no helmets no skates no sticks.  Just a martial arts type competition using your brain and your 4 limbs.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Ok it's not called WWF anymore and it is not and never was a sport. But you know, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Legion of Doom etc etc. The acronym fit so I used it.

The WWF protects animals not hunts them. Hunters are simple as that!

Golf is not boring to play or watch, and neither is snooker or darts. I'd watch any one of those over Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball or American Football.

You yanks have a fascination for dressing up in padded outfits with shoulder pads and helmets and attacking each other. Try Rugby!

Cricket I think we can all agree is terrible lol