• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Ok it's not called WWF anymore and it is not and never was a sport. But you know, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Legion of Doom etc etc. The acronym fit so I used it.

The WWF protects animals not hunts them. Hunters are simple as that!

Golf is not boring to play or watch, and neither is snooker or darts. I'd watch any one of those over Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball or American Football.

You yanks have a fascination for dressing up in padded outfits with shoulder pads and helmets and attacking each other. Try Rugby!

Cricket I think we can all agree is terrible lol 

image.jpeg.199d1f9e05f3b656455d0567c8b15577.jpeg dam yankees

47 minutes ago, kav said:

I just watched greatest MJ moments and greatest LaBrawn moments-no comparison.  MJ can cut thru when surrounded by foes, like a skilled surgeon seeking the net-LaBrawn mainly has an open area when he scores.  MJ is supernatural in his ability LaBrawn is just a good player.  There's one clip where MJ, surrounded by foes, leaps to shoot, starts to shoot, gets pushed in mid air and snaps a little extra energy onto the ball in mid shoot to compensate for the mid air shove, and scores.  LaBrawn has nothing like that.

LBJ is a great player, no doubt, but he's all brawn and little else. MJ had style and flair, he could go through you, but he could go over and around you as well. I've never seen any other player with the body control...especially mid flight...that he had.

I think former player and current TNT analyst Kenny Smith said it the best, Michael Jordan was the first super athletic player who had perfect fundamentals as well.

17 minutes ago, kav said:

Sports is about scoring.  Thats the payoff, the cheering.  Few or no scoring-no payoff.  Might as well watch people chase each other around.

I'd say it's about skill. Chess is being put forward for the Olympics... How many draws occur in Chess? A LOT! It's skilful and tactical, arguably it is more of a sport than Archery or shooting if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

LBJ is a great player, no doubt, but he's all brawn and little else. MJ had style and flair, he could go through you, but he could go over and around you as well. I've never seen any other player with the body control...especially mid flight...that he had.

I think former player and current TNT analyst Kenny Smith said it the best, Michael Jordan was the first super athletic player who had perfect fundamentals as well.

Watching him cut thru opponents is like watching water slip thru rocks in a stream.

2 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

I'd say it's about skill. Chess is being put forward for the Olympics... How many draws occur in Chess? A LOT! It's skilful and tactical, arguably it is more of a sport than Archery or shooting if you ask me.

Then why do people cheer like crazy when someone scores?  Skill alone is boring.  It takes skill to do needlepoint but no one's watching the needlepoint sewoffs.

Edited by kav

19 minutes ago, kav said:

Might as well watch people chase each other around.

WRC > F1 > NASCAR.

16 minutes ago, kav said:

I appreciate basketball because its the human body trying to do the impossible with skill and intelligence.  No padding no helmets no skates no sticks.  Just a martial arts type competition using your brain and your 4 limbs.

Err...isn't that just UFC.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

WRC > F1 > NASCAR.

yes ufc is #1.  However, it often devolves into two guys on the ground not moving much, where basketball does not have this defect where all action stops.

3 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Chess is being put forward for the Olympics...

Stop it.  Is this for real?!  I like to play chess, it's a great game of mental planning and strategy, but it is NOT an athletic sport worthy of the Olympics.  Archery is way more of a sport simply based on the practicality of it in ancient times.  (Same with the marathon.)

3 minutes ago, kav said:

However, it often devolves into two guys on the ground not moving much...

Typical response from people who don't know much about MMA. 

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

WRC > F1 > NASCAR.

WRC! Now you're talking! I think I've probably spent months of my life watching WRC, Moto GP, IOMTT, F1, RALLYX and such sports. Skill and tactics are obviously a part of it but it's the size of one's balls that count when we get into motorsports haha 

3 minutes ago, kav said:

yes ufc is #1.  However, it often devolves into two guys on the ground not moving much

From a practical standpoint, that's because most real life fights of hand to hand combat wind up on the ground so it makes sense to develop a sound ground defense strategy.  I have more respect for UFC fighters as "true" athletes than NBA players because of the relevance of what they know to potential real world situations.  That said, the NBA is far more enjoyable to watch because I actually understand who's ahead, who's behind, and what's at stake with a simple glance at the scoreboard.

5 minutes ago, newshane said:

Typical response from people who don't know much about MMA. 

WHAT!!!  I know EVERYTHING about MMA I live for this sport and am a trained fighter myself!!

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

From a practical standpoint, that's because most real life fights of hand to hand combat wind up on the ground so it makes sense to develop a sound ground defense strategy.  I have more respect for UFC fighters as "true" athletes than NBA players because of the relevance of what they know to potential real world situations.  That said, the NBA is far more enjoyable to watch because I actually understand who's ahead, who's behind, and what's at stake with a simple glance at the scoreboard.

Yes-I'm just saying its a bit boring to watch is all.  Of course in a real fight it is invaluable.

34 minutes ago, kav said:

WHAT!!!  I know EVERYTHING about MMA I live for this sport and am a trained fighter myself!!

Did you get your black belt from Bob Layton? 

4 minutes ago, newshane said:

Did you get your black belt from Bob Layton? 

No one gets a black belt from Bob Layton-not even Chuck Norris.

Ps the belt system is an utter joke and means absolutely nothing.  Plenty of people like George Dillman have black belts.  When I hear someone has a black belt I immediately start laffing.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Ps the belt system is an utter joke and means absolutely nothing.  

Sure, if you're talking about your typical McTaekwando center down the road next to Kroger. 

But a black belt in authentic Jiu-jitsu takes years and serious accomplishments. It's no joke. 

A co-worker was bragging just the other day about her "badass" 13 year-old daughter who got her black belt. :eyeroll: