• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

Hockey is way better when you see it live as opposed to watching on the TV. 

Seems like every other sport is just the opposite. 

6 minutes ago, newshane said:

Hockey is way better when you see it live as opposed to watching on the TV. 

Seems like every other sport is just the opposite. 

Golf is actually very fun to attend in person. I went to the Open a couple of times and it was a blast. Turned out to be one big party walking around all day. 

I went to the US Tennis Open for the first time this year. I also enjoyed that and it was something I would go back to see again as well. 

I've seen hockey in person, which was fun, along with baseball, basketball etc.

The problem with watching sports in my teens and twenties is, it always made me want to go outside and play it instead

After watching all of you fight over it I will concede I was wrong and reverse my opinion. I weighed what was said and I revert my opinion of MJ being the greatest but would definitely put LeBron at the very top. 

My cousin who is way older than me married the medical trainer for a prolific basketball team...

He would get us tickets when they'd come to Dallas and just leave them at the "desk", cue Seinfeld skit. But I've only met him like 2 times in my life lol

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Golf is actually very fun to attend in person. I went to the Open a couple of times and it was a blast. Turned out to be one big party walking around all day. 

I went to the US Tennis Open for the first time this year. I also enjoyed that and it was something I would go back to see again as well. 

I never appreciated Tennis until meeting my college roommate. We'd stay up until 3-4 a.m. and get quite drunk watching the Australian Open. Murat Safin was a best.

My old roommate actually owns a few tennis stores in the NYC area and just opened his newest store at the US Open a few days ago.

Edited by awakeintheashes

22 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Wu-Tang? Bob Layton & Rakim? Outkast? Beastie Boys? Tribe Called Quest?

Wu-Tang. Those guys knew how to write and flow. Raw beats. Closer to the heart of true hip-hop. 

But really I was just a drummer in a doom metal band so...

take my opinion with a grain of salt. I know nothing. 

16 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I never appreciated Tennis until meeting my college roommate. We'd stay up until 3-4 a.m. and get quite drunk watching the Australian Open. Murat Safin was a best.

My old roommate actually owns a few tennis stores in the NYC area and just opened his newest store at the US Open a few days ago.

I was stunned when I watched the tennis commissioner or whatever lady say that this wasnt the result they wanted and proceeded to tell serena williams how great she was while the actual WINNER Naomi Osaka stood by humiliated fighting back tears.  IMO that woman totally disrespected the game by this biased rant and should have been replaced immediately.

4 minutes ago, newshane said:

Wu-Tang. Those guys knew how to write and flow. Raw beats. Closer to the heart of true hip-hop. 

Growing up all my friends were into hip hop, while I was listening and playing in hardcore, metal, punk and even emo bands. I knew enough to appreciate and respect it. Bob Layton, though. Dude drops knowledge, drops science better than KRS-One.

10 minutes ago, newshane said:

Plus they give sound financial advice. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Wu-Tang? Bob Layton & Rakim? Outkast? Beastie Boys? Tribe Called Quest?

Beastie Boys without hesitation. 

11 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve heard that there’s no sport capable of beating the non-stop excitement of a 5-day test match in cricket.

I think you got excitement confused with euthanasia! Just look at the stands at a cricket game it's like the cast of the walking dead lol 

They should make pole vaulting a team sport where they whack with poles then try to vault to score.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I was stunned when I watched the tennis commissioner or whatever lady say that this wasnt the result they wanted and proceeded to tell serena williams how great she was while the actual WINNER Naomi Osaka stood by humiliated fighting back tears.  IMO that woman totally disrespected the game by this biased rant and should have been replaced immediately.

Are you telling me you don't think the great Serena should be allowed to "be couched from the sidelines", "destroy her tennis racket in a rage in front of a crowd of people", and "insult the ref"???  Do you know how great a tennis player you are talking about here, KAV???

4 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Are you telling me you don't think the great Serena should be allowed to "be couched from the sidelines", "destroy her tennis racket in a rage in front of a crowd of people", and "insult the ref"???  Do you know how great a tennis player you are talking about here, KAV???

Looks pretty comfortable

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1Nd-J3DiifH8OMSkKuU-

samsung-slideliner-wallabies.jpg?itok=FY

Edited by awakeintheashes

8 minutes ago, Hudson said:

dang.

It was obvious to me what was happening-she was losing so she was trying to distract from that.  What a piece of work.  Then the commissioner glorifies her???  And disrespects the winner???    My god.

I DEMAND AN APOLOGY!   I'M A MOM SO THEREFORE I CANT LIE!!!  YOU A THIEF!!!!  IT'S CAUSE I'M A WOMAN!!  MEN DO MUCH WORSE STUFF!!!!  

Edited by kav