• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Annual #2 - Pin Up - Jack Kirby

19 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hello all and happy New Years!

Thought I’d share this last piece I have added for the yea r. I really have loved the early Kirby Pinups and Masterwork Pinups. They don’t come up for sale often and when they do , they usually cost mini fortune.

Thanks for looking and I wish everyone a safe and happy new year!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1519692

6176BA52-7BC4-4F27-8F0D-F9513C3EFE0E.jpeg

Beauty, Kirby did a really nice rendition of Alicia.

Chic Stone's brushwork isn't too shabby, either.  Look at the heavy line-weight he used to outline the figure, varying it at the wrists & ankles, shoulders, and top of the head.  Just beautiful.  Makes the figure really pop off the page (and out of the background).

The Kirby/Stone collaboration is hard to beat.

10 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Chic Stone's brushwork isn't too shabby, either.  Look at the heavy line-weight he used to outline the figure, varying it at the wrists & ankles, shoulders, and top of the head.  Just beautiful.  Makes the figure really pop off the page (and out of the background).

The Kirby/Stone collaboration is hard to beat.

I agree with you 100%. Marvel did a good job  of picking Chic Stone for all those early Kirby Pin Ups and Masterworks Pin Ups. They are all absolutely fabulous!

On 1/10/2019 at 11:54 AM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Some people messaged me asking me about this piece as it was for sale for a bit on a prominent dealers website. It didn’t look like this when it was for sale. The piece was fixed up by Robert Dennis and I thought I’d post the before and after picture. He did a great job and happy with it.

-removed printer ink, reattached stat, lightened the page up a few tones.

RB

5C669C94-5934-443C-BB80-BF39A88B27A3.jpeg

He did an amazing job (worship)