• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy 15: before and after

10 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Although, without a second though I would have a left that book as is, have to say Susan did a stupendous job on the restoration work! Congrats on having a sweet collection piece!

I too will heap a ton of praise on Susan's work.  She did a great job (looks better than 5.5).  I also agree that I would have left the book "as is".  I think 1.5 or lower grades are a good rule of thumb for major resto.  I think this might have been a 2.0-2.5 raw.

However.... it's not my book.  The OP obviously wanted a nicer looking Af15 so he had a top pro work on it.  And getting Stan to sign it is cool.  Congrats to the OP.

Edited by gadzukes

1 hour ago, John Campbell said:

If I remember correctly there was a gorgeously restored AF 15 that had the coveted 9.8 grade awhile back. I think it was on sale for around $50,000. I think if I had to choose between an unrestored low grade or a super high grade restored I'd have to go with the restored. 

I'd like to know what that restored 9.8 started at grade wise.  If it started as a 1.0 then I would not want to have anything to do with it.

Edited by gadzukes