• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goofiest SA DC stories?

48 posts in this topic

DC had some pretty wacky stories lets face it Jimmy Olsen marrying a gorilla Lois Lane turning into a baby-heck most everyone in DC turned into babies including the Legion on at least 2 separate occasions.  Marvel never did that stuff.  No baby Spider Man for example.  But this was a real doozy-Lois Lane #29.  Lois goes around kissing all these heroes-they kiss her back like crazy.  Turns out it's all "Plan L".  There's also Plan J for Jimmy and Plan P for Perry.  Plan L is IF Superman is ever surrounded by kryptonite right outside fortress by aliens, Krypto is to make a big "L" in the sky with smoke using a burning stick.  This will then alert Lois whats happened and she will look around the office to see if the aliens planted any hidden cameras.  They do so she has to sneak red kryptonite powder which once made Krypto 'immune to green K' for 24 hours onto her lipstick.  Then she goes out looking for heroes to kiss, then whispering to them the plan.  Luckily Batman, Green Arrow and Aquaman are easy to find, doing 'demonstrations' of their powers.  Plan entails then wiping off the lipstick and shooting the red K laced hankies down to Superman who has been lying surrounded by krptonite outside the fortress for several days.  FYI kryptonite does not kill superman, it just makes him lie down.  He's done this for up to a week in 'the death of superman'.  Also good thing that was where he was surrounded by kryptonite because if it had happened anywhere else say amazon river, entire plan a bust.

So anyway this was the first plan Superman came up with and named it Plan L.  Apparently the whole scenario was so obvious thus the plan.  Can anyone top this for sheer goofiness??

29-1.jpg

I hope I get some replies dang is it just me that loves the goofiness of these things?

This is a thread about actual enjoyment of comics not just slabbing them away or flipping them!!!  That should mean something!! :cry:

Edited by kav

7 hours ago, kav said:

This is a thread about actual enjoyment of comics not just slabbing them away or flipping them!!! 

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT THE CONTENTS INSIDE A COMIC BOOK ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!

Yeah, that ain't 'Red' chief

He wore different costumes to take attention away from Robin, who had a broken arm. He didn't want people to link Grayson's broken arm with Robin's broken arm.  GENIUS I SAY! 

bats.jpg

Edited by Mercury Man

one goofy Batman story i remember (i don't remember which issue)...

the Penquin had Batman and Robin tied up with a machine gun pointed at them and when a bird in the windowsill left his nest it would trip the electric eye and mow them down lol 

but batman reached into his utility belt and had a marble and he flicked it into the nest so now the bird had an egg and wouldn't be leaving , this allowed them time to break free of the ropes lol 

3 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT THE CONTENTS INSIDE A COMIC BOOK ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!

Yeah, that ain't 'Red' chief

He wore different costumes to take attention away from Robin, who had a broken arm. He didn't want people to link Grayson's broken arm with Robin's broken arm.  GENIUS I SAY! 

bats.jpg

oh dear god

When I got back into comics about 10 years ago, I learned pretty quickly to not go back and re-read my favorite Silver Age stories from my youth as they were pretty terrible. Better to look at cool covers and have fond memories.

wasn't the DC MO at that time to have them come up with a catchy cover first and then write the story to explain the cover?

it's the near exact opposite of the "Marvel method," but boy howdy it made for some, er, interesting reading

3 minutes ago, Sal said:

wasn't the DC MO at that time to have them come up with a catchy cover first and then write the story to explain the cover?

it's the near exact opposite of the "Marvel method," but boy howdy it made for some, er, interesting reading

yes thats why they went off in bizarre directions.  For some reason I love reading them the goofier the better.

1 hour ago, frozentundraguy said:

When I think of goofy comic books this one always jumps to the forefront.

scan0150.jpg

Advanced enuff to make ray guns and flying skiis but still cant figger out clothes and haircuts??

20 minutes ago, kav said:

Advanced enuff to make ray guns and flying skiis but still cant figger out clothes and haircuts??

Things come around again. Retro! Old becomes new, and new become out of style. Maybe that was the style of their time, and their outward appearance devolved from GQ to Cavemen. Or maybe they can possess technological advancements that are hard to imagine, but they're simply a bunch of unkempt slobs, devoid of social graces and good manners like many madcap eccentrics.

Edited by James J Johnson

How about this one-Batman and Superman take the time out of their busy schedule to go after a carny cheat psychic.  They bust him, but that's not enough.  They then set up an outlandish series of events to make him think he can predict the future with horoscopes so they can BUST HIM AGAIN!!  Jesus leave the poor guy alone!

They invested more effort into going after a carny cheat than going after Luthor trying to destroy the entire world.  

335141-18006-125745-1-world-s-finest-comic.jpg