• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,457 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

This is just an insane room!  How do you prevent your kids from coming in and destroying it lol 

Kids!? Me? Nah hahaha! But I do have a goddaughter that I spoil the hell out of, she's only 8 right now but so far I got her interested in Deadpool and Barbie books, I recently got her the first issue bagged with that credit card, still looking for Fashion #1 that's also bagged with another card I think?

Edited by Spikenector

19 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Got a package today and completed this set 

78D9061C-FBA2-44A0-AA79-E1F8F493C2A3.thumb.jpeg.3a503b5abc6958d3fb406b2b2316f65c.jpeg

Finished volume 1 yesterday, absolutely loved it. Getting into volume 2 soon. More Marvel reprint Omnis coming next month! :banana:

nice! I had the first printings, sold them when they went OOP and prices went nuts. I need to pick up a new set. Super stoked that they're reprinting a bunch of the X-Men Omni's that I also bought and sold. FIngers crossed they eventually get back to reprinting Captain Britain.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

nice! I had the first printings, sold them when they went OOP and prices went nuts. I need to pick up a new set. Super stoked that they're reprinting a bunch of the X-Men Omni's that I also bought and sold. FIngers crossed they eventually get back to reprinting Captain Britain.

Yea 2020 is looking like the Year of the Reprint from Marvel. I’ve been considering picked up Uncanny Vol 1 ... a little intimidated by that early X material but I should probably give it a shot...

21 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

Since the announcement of the Eternals movie, I've been waiting on an Eternals Omni reprint.

And here it is:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR201091

Yup, this is what I've been waiting for. I bought the first Eternals Omni right off the stands, sold it when prices went nuts. Figured this would come one day. But boy did they make us wait for it!

On 2/21/2020 at 7:17 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Yea 2020 is looking like the Year of the Reprint from Marvel. I’ve been considering picked up Uncanny Vol 1 ... a little intimidated by that early X material but I should probably give it a shot...

Oh yeah, you absolutely should! UXM 1 has a ton of fun stuff in it. If you have any interest in X-men at all, you can't really go wrong with that collection. Definitely more entertaining than the silver age X-Men Marvel Omnis. While historically important, that material is a bit of a slog. Not Jack and Stan at their most inspired.

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yup, this is what I've been waiting for. I bought the first Eternals Omni right off the stands, sold it when prices went nuts. Figured this would come one day. But boy did they make us wait for it!

It looks like they're adding a hell of a lot more content to the newer edition, It includes:

ETERNALS (1976) #1-19 and ANNUAL #1, ETERNALS (1985) #1-12, ETERNALS: THE HEROD FACTOR, NEW ETERNALS: APOCALYPSE NOW, IRON MAN ANNUAL #6, AVENGERS (1963) #246-248 and material from WHAT IF? (1977) #23-30.

10 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

It looks like they're adding a hell of a lot more content to the newer edition, It includes:

ETERNALS (1976) #1-19 and ANNUAL #1, ETERNALS (1985) #1-12, ETERNALS: THE HEROD FACTOR, NEW ETERNALS: APOCALYPSE NOW, IRON MAN ANNUAL #6, AVENGERS (1963) #246-248 and material from WHAT IF? (1977) #23-30.

Yes, I think the original omni was strictly the mini series, but this one will have EVERYTHING. Looks super sweet, will definitely be picking it up!

6 hours ago, Ladic said:

Have they given dates for the Infinity Gauntley, and both Jim Lee Xmen omnibuses reprints release dates?

Where did you read about Jim Lee X-men reprints?  I don't see them listed here: https://www.comicbookwire.com/all-upcoming-marvel-omnibus-editions-now-until-august-2020/

I'm excited for my Uncanny X-Force omnibus reprint to arrive next month.  I've already sold off the individual hardcovers, it should look great once it's it is all lined up next to the other OHCs..
yBj9YyA.jpg

Edited by 90sChild

14 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Where did you read about Jim Lee X-men reprints?  I don't see them listed here: https://www.comicbookwire.com/all-upcoming-marvel-omnibus-editions-now-until-august-2020/

I'm excited for my Uncanny X-Force omnibus reprint to arrive next month.  I've already sold off the individual hardcovers, it should look great once it's it is all lined up next to the other OHCs..

The X-Men reprints were announced earlier this month, or late last month, I believe. I read about it over on the marvelmasterworks forum. We're getting reprints of the Claremont/Lee Volumes, as well as UXM Omni 2 & 3. I'll see if I can dig up the announcement...

14 hours ago, 90sChild said:

And yes, can't wait for the UXF omni. I had the individual Premiere hc's as well, so I wasn't in a hurry to get the Omni, then that sucker went OOP in a flash. Have regretted skipping it ever since. Will definitely be picking it up, I think that's the best X-Men comic in forever. It was steeped in continuity and fan service while still forging ahead and breaking new character and story ground. Also my favorite incarnation of Deadpool. Just a great series for X-fans.

2 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Long informative video on the releases this year. Make sure to subscribe to Near Mint Condition if you haven’t already. Omar gets Marvel announcements direct from the source!

There you go! Thanks @punksdropdirtysrh for saving me the lookup. I don't have the patience to sit through Omar's videos, I usually just wait for them to come out and then someone on the MMW will post the relevant info ha

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

There you go! Thanks @punksdropdirtysrh for saving me the lookup. I don't have the patience to sit through Omar's videos, I usually just wait for them to come out and then someone on the MMW will post the relevant info ha

Yea they go into loooong discussions I enjoy listening to them on my commute or put them on while playing video games 🥳

1 minute ago, yecul said:

UXmen 2 and 3 are getting reprinted later in 2020? Time to sell my copies and rebuy later!

Yup! Better hurry, as soon as they were announced eBay was flooded with copies of the first prints, not sure how much prices have dropped.

It's insane how expensive the Inferno and Fall of the Mutants Omnis have gotten. Sold mine for what I thought was good money, man, they've double in value since then. Wish I'd held onto them. I wonder if they're too obscure to warrant a reprint one day. I'd like to have them again, but am on the fence. I'm afraid of waiting too much longer in case prices keep going even further up, but I'm sure that as soon as I spend $300 a pop on them, they'll announce a reprint. So I guess I'll just hang on and hope to either find a bargain or await the reprint.