• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,457 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Got this in today :x

8AA2FE38-04B4-4BCF-A961-84CA989F6A8F.thumb.jpeg.9b5543198b294df85101507c9334efed.jpeg

Aw carp, gotta grab it before it goes oop again! Thanks for the heads up!

18 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

That's a great series.  Well-written, nice art.

Probably my favorite x-men book since I was a kid. It embraced the history and mythology of the entire X-Men mythos while pushing the story in a new direction. I also loved the characterizations. Just a great book, can't wait to reread it.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:40 PM, 90sChild said:

Where did you read about Jim Lee X-men reprints?  I don't see them listed here: https://www.comicbookwire.com/all-upcoming-marvel-omnibus-editions-now-until-august-2020/

I'm excited for my Uncanny X-Force omnibus reprint to arrive next month.  I've already sold off the individual hardcovers, it should look great once it's it is all lined up next to the other OHCs..
yBj9YyA.jpg

Tah-dah!  Received it today.

Dxu9S2y.jpg

Ordered this haul last week in the midst of “don’t-know-when-the-postal-service-will-shut-down” paranoia...made another one this week, looks like it will be the last new release haul for a bit. It hurts because April has several releases I’ve been looking forward. Most importantly Absolute Daytripper, which has already been delayed 2 years 😩.

Most excited to get into The Matrix. Curious to see what Charles Soule brings to Darth Vader. And I’ve been on a bit of a Spawn kick so I’ll give this goofy lil book a try. 

B493277C-45DD-45C3-9C70-6BF43BB27D5C.thumb.jpeg.2a3e4fcfed4eca0f797ee1839ba4a309.jpeg

You guys think Marvel will reprint the Captain Britain omibus anytime soon? 

I noticed the Eternals omnibus is up for a reprint now that the movie is coming out.

Any Captain Britain movie or TV rumors that would encourage a reprint?

20 hours ago, MisterX said:

You guys think Marvel will reprint the Captain Britain omibus anytime soon? 

I noticed the Eternals omnibus is up for a reprint now that the movie is coming out.

Any Captain Britain movie or TV rumors that would encourage a reprint?

No rumors that I’ve heard. I know it’s a heavily requested reprint. I think with the success of the reprints this year we’ll see much more next year. 

Picked this one up from MyComicShop for only $42. Listen in FN condition. I’m familiar with the under grading of MCS so I was confident it would look just fine for the discount. All I noticed was a few dust jacket imperfections. I’ll take it for over 50% off cover price! 

This one was released last Sept but I put it on my wishlist. Biggest discount I found on it was 30% and didn’t want to pay that much for something I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy. I ended up getting a HC collecting the first 8 issues and I enjoyed that so I decided to seek out a good deal on the Omni and voila! Used is ok!

7DC507B7-E0B6-4D0D-B116-DC61AE1B14B1.thumb.jpeg.5ee04e007685022d63a77d34233c91a4.jpeg

128E49D3-05D2-4BD2-A05F-004CFD1B0172.thumb.jpeg.be5fdd55585e2045fd477e77b5dc2cce.jpeg

D76B4607-CB34-411E-9D32-685709314A98.thumb.jpeg.916f1ae8eaca89dca4ba53eade0a8214.jpeg

I've heard that immortal hulk is a cool read and am trying to decide if I get it as hardcovers or the omnibus instead.The omni has like 15 issues I think which is a better deal, but there isn't a 2nd omni yet while there are more HC issues available.

3 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I've heard that immortal hulk is a cool read and am trying to decide if I get it as hardcovers or the omnibus instead.The omni has like 15 issues I think which is a better deal, but there isn't a 2nd omni yet while there are more HC issues available.

The new immortal Hulk by Al Ewing doesn’t have an omnibus yet, only trades and 2 Oversized HC’s...

23 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

The new immortal Hulk by Al Ewing doesn’t have an omnibus yet, only trades and 2 Oversized HC’s...

Amazon has it. 

https://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Hulk-Omnibus-Al-Ewing/dp/1846533600/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=immortal+hulk+omnibus&qid=1585429850&sprefix=immortal+hu&sr=8-2

3 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Very strange. That looks like the OHC. The amazon link says Paperback also. An omnibus can be paperback but not usually with Marvel. It looks to me that they are calling an Over Sized Hardcover “omnibus”. 

Hate to argue over semantics, but this is not a true omnibus. 

Edited by punksdropdirtysrh

This is news to me I've never seen a paperback omnibus but on further research it appears to be common to UK retailers, not many in america here have them.

THE HC 01 is readily available https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/IMMORTAL-HULK-HC-VOL-01/APR190949
and HC 02 is scheduled for may release.   https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV190959

Basically comes down to if you'd rather spend ~$40 on HC's or ~$30 on paperback with some issues not released yet.

Edited by 90sChild

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

This is news to me I've never seen a paperback omnibus but on further research it appears to be common to UK retailers, not many in america here have them.

THE HC 01 is readily available https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/IMMORTAL-HULK-HC-VOL-01/APR190949
and HC 02 is scheduled for may release.   https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV190959

Basically comes down to if you'd rather spend ~$40 on HC's or ~$30 on paperback with some issues not released yet.

Hellboy by Dark Horse Comics is an example of paperback Omnibus 

8 minutes ago, srezvan said:

I got this from Half Price Books before the lockdown using a combination of trade credit and the 50% coupon. I've had good luck finding great deals on hardcovers there with these coupons. Don't be afraid to ask them to open the glass case.

thumbnail.jpg

Russ Cochran black-and-white, EC Library book, judging from the spine?

Nice pickup.

Nabbed some sweet picks via instocktrades.com Damages. Gotta be vigilant! A few great deals at 52% off cover price. Hardly any notable damage. 
463F82EB-7E0F-49B9-9CE1-105CA66D35BC.thumb.jpeg.a6555098015296190a878215159ebee5.jpeg

That’s gonna tie me over while I wait for Diamond to resume distribution. Doing my best to avoid Amazon prices.