• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,481 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2020 at 10:34 AM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Nabbed some sweet picks via instocktrades.com Damages. Gotta be vigilant! A few great deals at 52% off cover price. Hardly any notable damage. 
463F82EB-7E0F-49B9-9CE1-105CA66D35BC.thumb.jpeg.a6555098015296190a878215159ebee5.jpeg

That’s gonna tie me over while I wait for Diamond to resume distribution. Doing my best to avoid Amazon prices. 

I've picked up a couple of "damaged" books from IST and they were as nice as any copy you'd find on a shelf. Some great deals!

I myself have spent the last couple of weeks frantically trying to play catch up on some recently reprinted volumes which are pretty scarce at retail right now, and some other stuff which seems to be drying up. Won't be running out of reading material anytime soon!

IMG_0924.JPG

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I've picked up a couple of "damaged" books from IST and they were as nice as any copy you'd find on a shelf. Some great deals!

I myself have spent the last couple of weeks frantically trying to play catch up on some recently reprinted volumes which are pretty scarce at retail right now, and some other stuff which seems to be drying up. Won't be running out of reading material anytime soon!

IMG_0924.JPG

A+ picks bud. I bought Shattershot too but gave it to a friend. AXM should be here Monday, very excited to read it. 

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

A+ picks bud. I bought Shattershot too but gave it to a friend. AXM should be here Monday, very excited to read it. 

Yeah, the funny thing is that this is my second time buying all of them except for Shattershot and JLI.  I had the first printings, sold them when prices went high, came to regret it. So I'm trying to rebuild the X-library now that we have a little lull in publishing. Looks like most of the summer volumes have been pushed back to fall, so I get a breather before the reprints of UXM 1-3, Lee/Claremont, etc come out. Phew!

On 5/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Corner dings on HCs drive me craaaazy.

From my experience back when I still bought physical copies, I ended up referring to that as ‘Diamond Distributors Mint condition’. They were appalling.

Definitely a difference of opinion about ‘saleable condition’, especially for pricey hardcovers.

Edited by Ken Aldred

22 hours ago, MisterX said:

I've never heard of InStockTrades before. How damaged are their "Damaged" books? 

Are we talking just corner dings, or ripped pages or what?

IST is the best option for ordering comic related trades, hc's etc. Their prices are generally among the best (and often times are the price to beat) and they package the books very well. I've never had an issue with them. I've only bought two "damaged" books from them. One had a very slight corner bump, and the other was flawless as far as I could tell, no idea why it was labeled damaged. But their normal stock is in terrific shape, and the condition and packaging far superior to the alternatives (particularly Amazon, who just throw the books in a box without any protection and wish you good luck.)

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

IST is the best option for ordering comic related trades, hc's etc. Their prices are generally among the best (and often times are the price to beat) and they package the books very well. I've never had an issue with them. I've only bought two "damaged" books from them. One had a very slight corner bump, and the other was flawless as far as I could tell, no idea why it was labeled damaged. But their normal stock is in terrific shape, and the condition and packaging far superior to the alternatives (particularly Amazon, who just throw the books in a box without any protection and wish you good luck.)

If you buy a 75$ omni, Amazon will put it into a random cardboard box with l o t s of empty space around the book on all sides. And they ship it like that. I abhor the way Amazon treat expensive comic books.

5 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

If you buy a 75$ omni, Amazon will put it into a random cardboard box with l o t s of empty space around the book on all sides. And they ship it like that. I abhor the way Amazon treat expensive comic books.

Yes.  It's annoying. Criminal, really. I guess the saving grace is that their returns are as easy as it gets.  

On 5/5/2020 at 1:24 AM, Turnando said:

Yes.  It's annoying. Criminal, really. I guess the saving grace is that their returns are as easy as it gets.  

In my country the buyer has to pay the postage for returned books. So I have to pay return postage on heavy omnibooks damaged solely due to the negligence of Amazon policy. 

Crazy unjust.

Warning: If you value your comics - stay awayeee from Amazon.

28 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

In my country the buyer has to pay the postage for returned books

Ah yes.  Sorry I was thinking US-centric.  I spend time in Costa Rica and shipping there is an entirely different story.  Amazon has spoiled us in the US.

A few years ago Amazon started a big initiative for international shipping at the click of a button so I took advantage of that.  I ordered several ceiling fans, clicked the button, and filled out the address of a spot along a dirt road in the jungle in Costa Rica.  The order was accepted and when a pile of fans arrived at the main airport in Costa Rica I got a phone call.  They don't ship to that part of the country. They got it to the jungle eventually but it was not easy.  

Given the scope of what Amazon is doing I think they are doing a pretty good job.  They have changed the world.  Some would argue that is not for the better but, OK, I think technological upheaval is a good thing. Amazon. Has. Changed. The. Way. The. World. Works.

So... Yes, avoid Amazon outside of the US for ordering collector quality books.

6 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Wolverine Omnibus
Snikt..!

I was browsing Amazon.ca  and found this for $ 75 Canadians. I buy it...
3 days after asking price is $ 127.
My guess...
High demand.

:bigsmile:

51Pi40pAIAL.jpg.889d1e12782d32d2ae40a17e94a0e3f5.jpg

It's actually a really good collection, with excellent remastered artwork.