• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,457 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Erndog said:

I could have sworn the Silver Surfer omnibus was just reissued in the last week or so.  I saw it a couple weeks back.

Look on amazon.ca tonight and... nothing (shrug)

Yes this sold out fast apparently. However I heard that Instocktrades.com will be getting more stock in a week or so. Keep an eye out.

15 hours ago, Erndog said:

I could have sworn the Silver Surfer omnibus was just reissued in the last week or so.  I saw it a couple weeks back.

This is likely covid-related.. the hardcover group I'm in has been in a panic frenzy since the release date on 6/17.  The majority of all the major online retailers all sold out that day, most people who weren't able to log on and buy it that day didn't get a copy.  Supposedly there are more copies at diamond so it is not a completely out of stock yet.  

Yeah, things have been very spotty since the COVID shut-downs. Some books come and go in minutes, some hang around for weeks. Some sell out immediately and then reappear in spurts. Uncanny X-Force and Astonishing X-Men reprints sold out super fast. I've since then seen Astonishing pop back up on IST, though UXF has yet to reappear. I'd have to imagine that this is a supply train issue, and that in time we will hopefully see more of these books released. The one that burns me is the X-Men Children of the Atom Box Set. I was stoked for that. Disappeared instantly, now it's $500-$600, which I refuse to pay. I have to imagine that there are more coming, because none of the other boxes they've published have sold out that quickly (and most are still available at a discount) and surely they'd account for the popularity of the X-Men in their print run. So I'm assuming we'll get more somewhere down the line.

40 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

good reminder, I meant to pick them up and upgrade from my old Essentials... 

HOS.JPG.900394685ad390a47fd5257042540a5e.JPG

Yeah, they're great! Like I said, it kinda drives me nuts that they changed the trade dress with HoS Vol 2, but at least they're giving us the material. I was finally able to retire my black and white showcase trades.

43 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

good reminder, I meant to pick them up and upgrade from my old Essentials... 

HOS.JPG.900394685ad390a47fd5257042540a5e.JPG

It's been a long time since I've read these stories.  Which is better HOS or HOM?

Just getting around to going thru July Previews and if you missed out on King's Mister Miracle Deluxe HC the first time around (it's been selling for a premium on ebay as it was OOP since it's first release back this time last year). So it's a good time to pick it up. It was a great read. 

2 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

HOM is considered the leader here all around. HOS second.

BTW, HOM 2 is expected to come out this month!

Yeah I saw that. It’s a pre order on amazon but it says it’s 150. I thought it would be 99?

On 7/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, Erndog said:

@Erndog its available now

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/SILVER-SURFER-OMNIBUS-HC-VOL-01-NEW-PTG/OCT191090?fbclid=IwAR2lBsUgrEpeSvywTiPLLVIdiQf9_yTSe6B9qzAQ4U9f3oQgO-htBqV4UDM

14 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Hey bud, thanks so much! i sure am glad I never bit on that $90 Amazon price. Awesome! Order placed, much appreciated!

She Hulk by Byrne is also back up at IST if anyone still needs it. Not for me, but I know there are fans.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:14 PM, piper said:

I love the omnibus and absolute format.  I don't have near enough shelf space for this additction.

I ran out of it.

Newest printing of UXM Omni 1 went up for sale at IST today at 3, if anyone still needs one. I grabbed the Watson variant on a whim. Looks like it was a good idea, it's already sold out. Market is nuts these days. These things are starting to be more like flash sales!

On 7/11/2020 at 5:32 PM, F For Fake said:

I'm out of space too...but nature finds a way!

Here's today's delivery. Happy to have the AF Omni back in the collection (haven't cracked it open to see if there are any improvements over the first printing), and keep the LoSH collection rolling. I'll have to check, but I think this closes out the silver age stuff.

As for Bloom County v4, I recently realized that while I was sleeping, vol 4 & 5 had sold out at IDW and Amazon. Luckily IST still had 4 in stock. The hunt for the last volume at a sane price is on!

IMG_1062.JPG

Bill the Cat!