• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, it's crazy how crazy that makes me ha They may do just that, I think they updated Justice League 1 and Flash 1 when they reprinted them, didn't they? I guess they think the uniform look turns people off, I guess if the volumes look more individually exciting they'll sell better? I dunno. To me, I think it's pretty clear that the buyers for these things are the hardcore nerds who want a full set, and like the look of a standard trade dress on their shelves. At least I know I do!

Totally agree with you. Too bad DC didn't consult us first! :sumo:

15 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Totally agree with you. Too bad DC didn't consult us first! :sumo:

I'm going to send a sternly worded email demanding that we be included in these decisions!

11 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

While you are at it, tell 'em to fix this monstrosity. Been driving me nuts for 20 years.

IMG_1026.jpg

IM more concerned about why they arent in numerical order (3-4, 3-4)!

Are you ok? 

(jk, I've been known to make my own trade dress dust jackets so they are consistent. I remember doing that with the old Daredevil Omnibuses that had those 1/2 dust jackets. )

27 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

IM more concerned about why they arent in numerical order (3-4, 3-4)!

Are you ok? 

(jk, I've been known to make my own trade dress dust jackets so they are consistent. I remember doing that with the old Daredevil Omnibuses that had those 1/2 dust jackets. )

Aaargh!!! Well that's embarrassing! I must have been too distracted by Vol. 6 to notice! Thank you for pointing that out. All better now (except that ugly V6)

IMG_1027.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:

While you are at it, tell 'em to fix this monstrosity. Been driving me nuts for 20 years.

IMG_1026.jpg

Yeah, that really, really bothered me for a long time. Ended up selling them off when they started doing the Omni's. I THINK with the latest omni we're now caught up on the material covered in the archives, right? I think that brings us up to the stuff covered in the Superboy and the LoSH deluxe hc's. What I'm REALLY waiting for is the Grell and Cockrum stuff!

13 hours ago, srezvan said:

All of these were recommendations from the "1000 book club" thread. I'm looking forward to reading these...eventually.

20200730_131815.jpg

Nice selection.

13 hours ago, srezvan said:

All of these were recommendations from the "1000 book club" thread. I'm looking forward to reading these...eventually.

20200730_131815.jpg

Is that Vision HC back in stock? 

Answer to my own question: Yes it is on IST.

Edited by miraclemet
I used google, and im smart like that

9 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Wanted to share these in case you guys haven’t already seen...

When the guy in the video (1st video) poses the question about why so many Cap Omni's being reprinted it could be because of the 80th anniversary coming up next year.  Not sure if that's been addressed in this thread yet or not but that's my theory, at least.  A lot of new readers may want some history of Cap with that anniversary on the horizon.

18 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

When the guy in the video (1st video) poses the question about why so many Cap Omni's being reprinted it could be because of the 80th anniversary coming up next year.  Not sure if that's been addressed in this thread yet or not but that's my theory, at least.  A lot of new readers may want some history of Cap with that anniversary on the horizon.

That’s a good point! 

On 7/30/2020 at 11:10 PM, srezvan said:

20200730_131815.jpg

Some great reading ahead of you!

7 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Wanted to share these in case you guys haven’t already seen...

I can never sit through these videos, so I ran over to the masterworks forum to read the scoop. Super psyched about Inferno finally getting a reprint! I couldn't turn down the money back when it went OOP, but my bookshelf has been sad without it, as it really is my favorite X-Men era (this is influenced heavily by my nostalgia, obviously.) So glad I didn't give in and shell out $300 to get another copy. Hopefully we'll get Fall of the Mutants back at some point as well. At that point I think all I'd need is Phalanx Covenant. I bought that one when it came out, sold it when it went OOP and prices went up. Happened upon a copy for $60 last year at a 2nd and Charles, briefly considered keeping it just for the sake of the collection, but sold that one too because I couldn't pass up $250 for some of the ugliest X-comics ever made. I promise if they reprint it again, I'll hang onto it!

Looks like Captain America by Kirby (so that's the Madbomb era, right?) and GA Cap vol 1 coming back as well. Very cool. Has there been any news of a reprint of the Brubaker books? That's a set I'd happily buy again.

In other news, my Surfer omni finally landed last week. Here's hoping my Absolute Fourth World finally escapes from the hub in Cincinnati sometime this week.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I can never sit through these videos, so I ran over to the masterworks forum to read the scoop. Super psyched about Inferno finally getting a reprint! I couldn't turn down the money back when it went OOP, but my bookshelf has been sad without it, as it really is my favorite X-Men era (this is influenced heavily by my nostalgia, obviously.) So glad I didn't give in and shell out $300 to get another copy. Hopefully we'll get Fall of the Mutants back at some point as well. At that point I think all I'd need is Phalanx Covenant. I bought that one when it came out, sold it when it went OOP and prices went up. Happened upon a copy for $60 last year at a 2nd and Charles, briefly considered keeping it just for the sake of the collection, but sold that one too because I couldn't pass up $250 for some of the ugliest X-comics ever made. I promise if they reprint it again, I'll hang onto it!

Looks like Captain America by Kirby (so that's the Madbomb era, right?) and GA Cap vol 1 coming back as well. Very cool. Has there been any news of a reprint of the Brubaker books? That's a set I'd happily buy again.

In other news, my Surfer omni finally landed last week. Here's hoping my Absolute Fourth World finally escapes from the hub in Cincinnati sometime this week.

They are reprinting Brubaker by Cap Vol 1 due for Jan 2021 :smile:

2 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

They are reprinting Brubaker by Cap Vol 1 due for Jan 2021 :smile:

Woohoo! 1 down, four to go!