• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

I think is going to be reprinted in 2021.

That would be awesome. I’m late to the Omnibus craze and had hoped to get ASM V1 - 3 plus the Stern book. I have V2 on Pre-Order through my LCS. Unfortunately, V1 and 3 are out of print.

16 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

My experience with IST last year... if you want DM variants, jump. They are usually sold out in few hours. Marvel has been good about replacing Omni stock. DC not so good. I missed out on Jonah Hex and had to pay a premium on Amazon. Spectre will be gone fast too, IMO.

EA304187-6794-4D1B-975E-3F25CDB1BBC5.thumb.jpeg.553f1ea677ba4c863b135350da38fd4d.jpeg

Hours, and sometimes even minutes! Shipping was so sporadic this year that they must have only gotten a handful of some titles on release day, as they sold out instantly. Some we've seen return a few times (Uncanny X-Force, Surfer, Astonishing X-Men, etc) but some seem to be gone forever.

I can only blame myself on missing Jonah Hex. It was at IST for at least a couple of weeks, I just never got around to it. I won't make the same mistake with Spectre, like you I can't imagine that is being printed in any large number.

Also, I can't imagine that Marvel won't eventually reprint the Conan stuff. It sells out so quickly, surely they will go back to print. But these days who knows when that might be?

Edited by F For Fake

3 hours ago, MagnusX said:

I already own this run in the original singles format,
but I want to read it again in omnibus size and better quality...

Wonder Woman by George Perez Omnibus Vol.1

A1LbpzW0quL.thumb.jpg.bd935ff34e2d3cb9cbba8af44127435d.jpg

I finally grabbed all of these a couple of months ago when I realized 1 & 2 were finally starting to dry up online. Prices haven't jumped much yet, but it's a matter of time. Then again I'd think it would be a perennial seller for DC, so it's likely they might go back to print on it, like with New Teen Titans. Those keep selling out and then coming back. I think Vols 1 and 2, maybe even 3 are sold out right now, but considering there are more volumes on the way, I'd think they'll bring them back again. Sorta like Marvel with UXM Vol 1 and ASM Vol 1. They can just keep going back to press on those because they will always sell.

Anyway, the Perez WW volumes are super nice, so pick them up if you get a chance at a decent price! 

4 hours ago, MagnusX said:

I think is going to be reprinted in 2021.

no one ever regretted just waiting on the OOP Omnibus. Once it spikes up to OOP price levels it rarely just keeps going up in price (trying to think of one that did)
once it's spiked I just wait for the eventual reprint news....

6 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

no one ever regretted just waiting on the OOP Omnibus. Once it spikes up to OOP price levels it rarely just keeps going up in price (trying to think of one that did)

I guess that I just need to be more patient. I find that I hate having gaps chronologically (e.g. ASM 3 & 4 but no volume 1 or 2 in my collection).

37 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Yes and no. The more popular volumes tend to return over time, but sometimes that time is 10 years or more. And some still haven't been reprinted at all. Captain Britain Omni, Iron Fist, several others, no reprint in sight. The Hickman FF/Avengers volumes continue to go up, but with Hickman being a Marvel star, one would assume we'll see them again at some point. It's just a matter of HOW patient one can be,and if they really don't mind if they never own the material. There's not much that I feel I absolutely have to have. I was bummed that I let my X-Men Inferno and Fall of the Mutants omni's go too soon,and feared one day I'd have to fork over the $300 for a copy. But they just announced a reprint of Inferno, so hopefully FotM is on the way at some point as well. Inferno was released in 2009. That's a pretty long wait, 11 years. Fall of the Mutants was 2011, so it'll be at least 10 before we see it again, if we do. Here's to hoping!

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yes and no. The more popular volumes tend to return over time, but sometimes that time is 10 years or more. And some still haven't been reprinted at all. Captain Britain Omni, Iron Fist, several others, no reprint in sight. The Hickman FF/Avengers volumes continue to go up, but with Hickman being a Marvel star, one would assume we'll see them again at some point. It's just a matter of HOW patient one can be,and if they really don't mind if they never own the material. There's not much that I feel I absolutely have to have. I was bummed that I let my X-Men Inferno and Fall of the Mutants omni's go too soon,and feared one day I'd have to fork over the $300 for a copy. But they just announced a reprint of Inferno, so hopefully FotM is on the way at some point as well. Inferno was released in 2009. That's a pretty long wait, 11 years. Fall of the Mutants was 2011, so it'll be at least 10 before we see it again, if we do. Here's to hoping!

on that note, I've been waiting a LONG time for X-Men Vol 1 & 2 (reprinting X-Men 1-66), Iron Man Vol 1 & 2 and Thor Vol 1 to be reprinted. I always thought it was odd that the Iron Man Omnis haven't been reprinted considering the popularity of the movies.

6 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

on that note, I've been waiting a LONG time for X-Men Vol 1 & 2 (reprinting X-Men 1-66), Iron Man Vol 1 & 2 and Thor Vol 1 to be reprinted. I always thought it was odd that the Iron Man Omnis haven't been reprinted considering the popularity of the movies.

Yeah, honestly, ASM 1 and UXM 1 are really the only ones they seem to keep constantly in print. I guess they still move a sufficient number of copies on a regular basis. But surely a reprint of Iron Man, Thor etc would sell in numbers that would justify the printing. I know for years the rumor was that we weren’t getting X-Men reprints because Fox owned the movies and Marvel didn’t want to promote the brand. Not sure if that’s 100% true, but the evidence suggests it’s at least partially accurate, especially considering that as soon as the Marvel/Fox merger went through, we got a slew of reprints announced. So why not Iron Man and Thor and Hulk?

A few tips...

I might have missed it, mobile search isn’t the best but if you’re collecting Conan Omnibuses the Dark Horse books (OOP) contain stories & imagery that won’t be reprinted in the Marvel re-releases this year. Worth the money even at high prices given the floppies cost an arm and a leg now.

I got really into Valiant with the 2012 relaunch and purchased all the deluxe editions, many of which are in the $150+ range which means nothing to me as won’t sell them.

Of all of the Sandman iterations I’ve read, Absolute is the winner as is the case with Preacher. It is not the case with the horribly recolored (lossy not just subjectively ugly) Saga of the Swamp Thing.

Goon Fancy Pants and Dark Horse Alien / Predator Deluxes are way undervalued. 

I also stopped buying “keys” in favor of waiting for the artist edition.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:30 AM, MagnusX said:

I am Happy to add to the Omnibus collection: Planetary.
Now a few thoughts.

* The book arrived with dents in the four corners
and I was surprised I don't give a f...
* I already own the run minus number one
* This omnibus include books that I have never read
Planetary/Batman: Night on Earth (2003),
Planetary/JLA: Terra Occulta (2002), and
Planetary/The Authority: Ruling the World (2000).

I am happy to have the whole story in one book
even with dents.
Its really a great read,
I want them together,
and read them as a whole story.

At some point I am going to sell my singles
but that is in the future.

Now; Sharing my life as a little kid,
I use to spend a few weeks at my aunt house every year
my uncle have a huge collection of custom bound comic books bind together
I spend hours reading and looking at them.
The one I most remember was his Black Hawk collection
and one in particular with a Evil Whell.

I guess that is why I enjoy
Whole collections on a single book.

81CEivSMCVL.thumb.jpg.c082764758a6e0a4bbe89666a4ae1db3.jpg

I sold my Absolute Planetary years ago and saw this which looks great but I passed. Then I noticed DC put a single volume Absolute Planetary in solicits last month. Arrives this winter apparently. We’ll see if it gets cancelled. I can’t imagine this entire run in a single absolute format. Stoked.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I am looking for something good to read.. is this a good price?  

IMHO Silver Surfer run is something I cannot read
the constant whining and the poor me syndrome
made this book unbearable.

But hey this is my opinion,
many other people like it...

So. Judge by yourself...

(shrug)

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I am looking for something good to read.. is this a good price?  

I have not read this, but Silver Surfer by Dan Slott is one of my all time favorite runs. That’s all I’ve read of the character. That omnibus is out of print now, unfortunately.  The way this classic omnibus is selling it seems to be a good price if you want to take a chance on it. 

2 hours ago, MagnusX said:

IMHO Silver Surfer run is something I cannot read
the constant whining and the poor me syndrome
made this book unbearable.

But hey this is my opinion,
many other people like it...

So. Judge by yourself...

(shrug)

Hmm... maybe I should pick up the planetary omnibus instead

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Hmm... maybe I should pick up the planetary omnibus instead

I would buy both (in fact I plan to).  I love the Silver Surfer in all his incarnations and frankly Planetary is one of the best comic series I've ever read.

51 minutes ago, piper said:

I would buy both (in fact I plan to).  I love the Silver Surfer in all his incarnations and frankly Planetary is one of the best comic series I've ever read.

So  there are two Planetary Omnibus?    I purchased one off Amazon  the one posted in this thread right now after your recommendation but can't find the second.