• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,473 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, classicaaron said:

ollies has the marvel now omnibus in stock for $15.  cover price is $100 so not too bad a buy.

Man, I love Ollies. That DC buyout they had a couple of years ago was killer. Bought tons of Archives for $6, hardcovers for $4, trades for $3. Those were sweet times.

13 hours ago, cousin itt said:

which omnis lead-up-to, or encompass the first secret wars?  I know for FF it would be bynre #1, and for spidey it's the roger stern omnibus.  Are there any others (e.g., for Thor, avengers, x-men, etc.)?

I remember even then buying Secret Wars but otherwise sticking to my few select titles.

I enjoyed SW but sometime remember shortly after informing my comic shop “No Annuals or crossover events”.

I’ll do some digging around online to see if I can come up with any other Omni’s besides the Stern and FF books.

13 hours ago, cousin itt said:

which omnis lead-up-to, or encompass the first secret wars?  I know for FF it would be bynre #1, and for spidey it's the roger stern omnibus.  Are there any others (e.g., for Thor, avengers, x-men, etc.)?

Crossover titles include The Amazing Spider-Man#251–252,[3] The Avengers #242–243,[4] Captain America #292,[5] The Incredible Hulk #294–295,[6]Iron Man #181–183,[7] The Thing #10–22,[8] Fantastic Four #265,[9] Marvel Team-Up #141,[10] Thor #341 and 383,[11] The Uncanny X-Men #178–181,[12]

3 minutes ago, piper said:

Crossover titles include The Amazing Spider-Man#251–252,[3] The Avengers #242–243,[4] Captain America #292,[5] The Incredible Hulk #294–295,[6]Iron Man #181–183,[7] The Thing #10–22,[8] Fantastic Four #265,[9] Marvel Team-Up #141,[10] Thor #341 and 383,[11] The Uncanny X-Men #178–181,[12]

Based on the issue numbers, I would add these Omni’s: Uncanny X-Men Vol 4, Walt Simonson Thor Vol 1. 

I was surprised that this guy showed up today, as I just ordered it from IST last Tuesday. That's by far the fastest shipping turnaround I've had from them in several months. Hopefully a good sign that things are returning to something like normal for them.

I picked up the Variant cover as a knee jerk reaction, figuring it would sell out quickly, which it did. However, I'm hearing that the newest printing of the standard cover has a rounded spine, whereas these variants have the completely flat spine like the last printing did a few months ago. Also...I don't love this cover. I could sell it at a profit and buy the Miller cover, and may do so one day, but I'm not in any hurry.

Luckily there was nothing for me this week, so I get a breather before the bloodbath on the 22nd!

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

28 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I was surprised that this guy showed up today, as I just ordered it from IST last Tuesday. That's by far the fastest shipping turnaround I've had from them in several months. Hopefully a good sign that things are returning to something like normal for them.

I picked up the Variant cover as a knee jerk reaction, figuring it would sell out quickly, which it did. However, I'm hearing that the newest printing of the standard cover has a rounded spine, whereas these variants have the completely flat spine like the last printing did a few months ago. Also...I don't love this cover. I could sell it at a profit and buy the Miller cover, and may do so one day, but I'm not in any hurry.

Luckily there was nothing for me this week, so I get a breather before the bloodbath on the 22nd!

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

What’s coming up on the 22nd?

31 minutes ago, piper said:

What’s coming up on the 22nd?

For me, the main thing is the Legion of Super Heroes Five Years Later Omnibus. That has been my #1 most wanted collection for most of my life.

Also hitting that day are Batman by Paul Dini Omni, which is a probable pickup for me, and several others like Conan Marvel Years Omni 4, Golden Age Marvel Omni 2, and others I'm not interested in like Spider-Man Ben Reilly Omni. 

After that the year gets much easier! Just the Moore Swamp Thing Absolutes in October, and Excalibur and UXM 2 omnis in November. Phew! It has been an expensive year!

Justice League International Omnibus 2 was originally slated for September, but now it's not on IST's schedule at all, and Amazon shows November. I guess we'll see.

Holding out hope that they'll get restock on Wrath of the Spectre (I emailed IST and they said they may be getting more) and at some point I'll bite the bullet and pay up for the House of Mystery Vol 2 that I snoozed on!

Just picked up this guy off of eBay for a pretty reasonable price.  I see that they're going for as high as $270-$300 normally, so now I'm torn as to weather to keep it or let it go.  I've never read this run and am eager to dive in, but not necessarily $300 worth of eager lol. 

IMG_3963.jpg.174590e1c4672d0fc4f002af73f16b39.jpg

On 9/12/2020 at 12:11 AM, MR SigS said:

qwLuYUj.jpg

I've got this one, it's lovely. I still need to pick up the Mister Miracle and Kamandi books, though.