• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,481 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Cool, I wonder if they're getting new shipments in? Year before last they had a $7 million buyout of DC backstock, and they had stacks of hardcovers, archives, trades, etc all dirt cheap. I spent $400 on stuff that would have been several grand retail. It was an amazing sale. I've been hoping we'd see one again. THey occasionally get random Marvel stuff in, but the only Marvel Omni I've ever seen at an Ollie's is the Avengers vs X-Men Companion for $10. I'll have to check out my shops !and see if we got anything new. I'm not a big GotG guy, but would definitely grab the omni at that price!

im not the biggest guardians guy either but when it has first appearance of thanos and books of the such it was a definite grab.  and I did the same thing last year. I got a start wars omnibus for the same price several months back and they appear to be all gone.  so these were definitely newer shipments. I check the store every couple weeks from sept to dec when they start stocking their xmas stuff and these books were not there in early sept so take a look.

On 9/3/2020 at 8:18 PM, piper said:

I have the Spectre Trade from a number of years ago. Is this worth picking up?

Absolutely! Especially if you love the omnibus format.

For me, the Fleisher-Aparo Spectre run is one of my all-time favs. I've been waiting for a collected volume. Also, it includes other Spectre that I've never read.

(Sorry for the slow reply)

6 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

Absolutely! Especially if you love the omnibus format.

For me, the Fleisher-Aparo Spectre run is one of my all-time favs. I've been waiting for a collected volume. Also, it includes other Spectre that I've never read.

(Sorry for the slow reply)

I ordered it last week. It should arrive soon! (I hope)

48 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Picked up this bad boy... biggest omnibus I've seen....8lbs and almost 1500 pages 20200930_142904.thumb.jpg.a15a58f656513ca3afdc373fa45ec91d.jpg20200930_142917.thumb.jpg.4046c7c8980325fac4957aa7b43b706e.jpg

Geez louise, I didn't realize that many He-Man comics existed! Of course the only ones I ever read were the DC issues from the 80's and Marvel's Star series. I guess I didn't realize it had been relaunched. That's nutty, looks cool! For me, the big 1500 page jobs look really impressive on a bookshelf, and it is nice to have a comprehensive volume of all of the content. But man they're a pain to read, and sometimes I wish they'd been broken up more. 

11 minutes ago, Skunkboy said:

Amazing collection!  Are those Sandmans (Sandmen?) the Absolutes?  Hadn't realized that hey're even larger than omnis - may have to add them to my wish list.

That's right, they're the absolutes.  I still need to pick up Vol 3 & 4, but they are very pricey.  Since they seem to remain in stock, I've held off purchasing them.  Probably a good Christmas present...

The Sandman Absolutes are gorgeous books, and the only Absolutes I display with the book spines out instead of the slipcase side. I just love the look of those spines, the embossed symbols, the whole thing. I still need to pick up the Absolutes of Sandman Overture and Death, which also match this set.

IMG_1460.JPG

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

The Sandman Absolutes are gorgeous books, and the only Absolutes I display with the book spines out instead of the slipcase side. I just love the look of those spines, the embossed symbols, the whole thing. I still need to pick up the Absolutes of Sandman Overture and Death, which also match this set.

IMG_1460.JPG

I though about Vol 5 and the Death Absolute.  I didn't think there was much in the way of new material, so I will probably pass on them.  Nice Avengers 4...

17 minutes ago, piper said:

I though about Vol 5 and the Death Absolute.  I didn't think there was much in the way of new material, so I will probably pass on them.  Nice Avengers 4...

Yeah, volume 5 has the Endless Nights and Dream Hunters graphic novels, which aren't really essential to the main story. It's not a volume I expect to revisit, but I like having it for the sake of the display. I'm looking forward to picking up Absolute Overture eventually, as I've actually never read it. I was mostly done with floppies when it came out, and I just never got around to reading it.

And thanks! The AV4 is a beater but I still love it!

18 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Geez louise, I didn't realize that many He-Man comics existed! Of course the only ones I ever read were the DC issues from the 80's and Marvel's Star series. I guess I didn't realize it had been relaunched. That's nutty, looks cool! For me, the big 1500 page jobs look really impressive on a bookshelf, and it is nice to have a comprehensive volume of all of the content. But man they're a pain to read, and sometimes I wish they'd been broken up more. 

Yes,  it collects every he man comic ever.... there is also a beautiful cover underneath. 

This is how huge it is compared to my huge invincible compendium vol3

20201001_101009.jpg

20201001_101346.jpg