• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,476 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, piper said:

At the risk of diminishing shelf space, I see that Dan Slott's She Hulk run is getting the omnibus treatment and that the Byrne run is all being reprinted in November.

What do people think of either series?  I have to admit I like the legal angle (married to a lawyer).

I remember the Slott run being well regarded back when  it came out. The issues i picked up from the run (when it had event crossovers) were good from my recollection.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:35 PM, shadroch said:

I'm getting ready to sell some Marvel Omni, but am not sure how to tell the priniting when they are still wrapped. MCS isn't very clear on how to tell the different printings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anything with printed in China is a 2nd print. It's usually in the back of the omnibus.

14 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Shared this in the "New in your collection" thread, but I thought people might like to see it here too - these are some really cool books. I've wanted that Son of the Demon LTD edition for a while, and I got an amazing deal on these in really nice condition!

Batman: Son of the Demon 1st print Limited Edition, signed by Mike Barr and Jerry Bingham, numbered 535 of 1,700. First appearance of Damian Wayne? :baiting:

IMG_6514.thumb.JPG.2894854a177814c747b5dd9453457012.JPG

IMG_6242.thumb.JPG.1bec97a9a70062d6210c6e1249ff88be.JPG

IMG_2530.thumb.JPG.770daa4ffd8b066d82ea3d85f4a83718.JPG

And Batman: Bride of the Demon 1st print hardcover, still sealed.

IMG_2574.thumb.JPG.3ba5c523ac176a7e7415bbce91810bc8.JPG

I don't have the limited signed book, but I have all three of the regular hc's, and I love them. That was back when you didn't get a stack of Batman hardcovers released every month, it was really kind of a big deal! I still dig the funky oversize trim on these. The dustjackets are prone to wear, though.

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I don't have the limited signed book, but I have all three of the regular hc's, and I love them. That was back when you didn't get a stack of Batman hardcovers released every month, it was really kind of a big deal! I still dig the funky oversize trim on these. The dustjackets are prone to wear, though.

Yeah, I used to have the TPB of Son of the Demon and read that thing to tatters. This copy is really very clean overall - little bit of "crinkling" on the top of the jacket and a little color rub on the back, but overall it was kept really nicely! The dust jackets are super tough to keep in high grade.

Just now, Neurosis138 said:

I picked this up at my lcs last week for cover price.  I'm looking forward to Volume 2 with all that sweet Dale Keown art

hulk omni.jpg

They just announced vol 3. I loved that run. Unfortunately, Vol  1 is out of stock already. You did well to get a copy.

3 minutes ago, Neurosis138 said:

I picked this up at my lcs last week for cover price.  I'm looking forward to Volume 2 with all that sweet Dale Keown art

hulk omni.jpg

Nice pick-up, even at cover price! It sells in the $150-$200 range, and demand seems to be going up as new volumes come out. Congrats!

23 hours ago, MisterX said:

It looks like Marvel's releasing the War of the Realms omnibus this week.

The story intrigued me, but I didn't pick it up at time. 

Any fans? Or should I pass?

My understanding is that it is the finale of the Jason Aaron Thor run that has been ongoing for quite a while.  I haven't read any of it but I'd assume you'd want to read the beginning of Aaron's Thor to appreciate it.  I think most of those HCs are OOP or hard to get.  Maybe it gets an omni in the next few years.

1 minute ago, 90sChild said:

My understanding is that it is the finale of the Jason Aaron Thor run that has been ongoing for quite a while.  I haven't read any of it but I'd assume you'd want to read the beginning of Aaron's Thor to appreciate it.  I think most of those HCs are OOP or hard to get.  Maybe it gets an omni in the next few years.

I would buy a Jason Aaron Thor Omnibus.

Just now, 90sChild said:

I checked out of curiosity, it's much longer than expected going back to 2012 and would probably take 4-5 omni's haha.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/the-full-reading-order-of-jason-aaron-s-thor

:whatthe:

One of these days, I’m going to have to get a Marvel Unlimited subscription.

17 hours ago, piper said:

:whatthe:

One of these days, I’m going to have to get a Marvel Unlimited subscription.

It's totally worth it for the price. I usually subscribe for about one month per year, blow through all of the stuff I'm interested in, cancel, then let it build up again to the next year, rinse and repeat. I'm not concerned with being up to date, I was usually a "wait for the trade" reader anyhow, so it's a model that works for me.

I love collecting and reading my hardcovers, but I have to admit reading on my iPad (and now on my Surface Pro) is the best way to read. I can enlarge the pages when my eyesight gets shoddy, the colors really pop, and it's super lightweight compared to all of those books. Plus I don't have to fret over potentially damaging a physical book with fingerprints, tears, etc.