• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,457 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, I was just going to say, thanks for picking this up so they'll maybe announce an omni now ha It's definitely one I've been waiting on. I'd love to reread these, those are really sharp looking books!

I had a streak going a few years back where i bound DCs Starmam, and boom OHCs came out a few months later, the I bound Gotham Central...and again here came the HCs AND then an Omnibus....

On 10/30/2020 at 12:30 PM, miraclemet said:

Success!

Have been hunting for YEARS for the OOP 1st volume hardcover of Astro City. 

PXL_20201030_183944153.thumb.jpg.57e695d965c03bc40a7817e11b21478f.jpg

They've been hitting nearly $100 in auction when the do come up, and I lucked into this one that had some glue/gunk from an old library bar code ( though no interior stamping, yay!) for just $35. Cleaned up good as new and now I've got the 4 volume set of the original run complete! (All of this means an Omnibus is sure to be solicited in the next few months, base on my luck...)

PXL_20201030_184033992.thumb.jpg.79237a972011cbf35087d14c930451ab.jpg

Very nice!

Though now you may need one of these :devil:

lol

6A37EEAE-49A3-4F02-9B11-71BD8AE2C7AF.thumb.jpeg.be11c59f434b835d51b62e901a8aa7fa.jpeg
9C5A7A7C-D1BB-4C04-9CCA-A2C62492C2F7.thumb.jpeg.a1baf28fd849ad74d24a587abe826a1e.jpeg

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Since this is Collected Editions Central, I think you guys/gals may appreciate this pic:

Bookshelf.jpeg

Yessss, the lord loves a nice, orderly shelf!

27 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

@F For Fake or anyone else, do you know if the Who's Who and/or Handbook of the Marvel Universe omnis have been solicited in Previews yet?

Looks like OHMU was solicited in September for a March release, which Amazon also confirms.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP200725

Edited by F For Fake

Just now, Dave2739 said:

and darn it, I keep forgetting DC isn't in Previews anymore. :facepalm:

Yeah, I can't  find the DC solicitations, but several sites suggest that Who's Who is coming in April! Stay tuned!

On 10/28/2020 at 6:43 AM, F For Fake said:

Good luck and I hope you hear something soon, please let us know if you do!

They all arrived! Month half later for worst batch and no email replies. I really hope IST pulls out of whatever funk their in.* Some covers just happened to be nearby and recent.

P.S. That LOSH is huge.

IMG_3421.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

33 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

They all arrived! Month half later for worst batch and no email replies. I really hope IST pulls out of whatever funk their in.* Some covers just happened to be nearby and recent.

P.S. That LOSH is huge.

IMG_3421.jpg

Let me know what you think of the Black Widow Omni, as I debated getting a copy.

Edited by piper

1 hour ago, bronze_rules said:

P.S. That LOSH is huge.

IMG_3421.jpg

Great news! So glad to hear it! I'd seen some chatter on the MMW boards that orders the last couple of weeks were starting to shake lose, so maybe they're finally making some adjustments at IST. I sure hope so. Very glad this was a happy ending!

Also, you're making me wish I'd pick up the variant cover on the Black Widow omni, I always loved that cover, didn't realize they'd used it for this collection!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Great news! So glad to hear it! I'd seen some chatter on the MMW boards that orders the last couple of weeks were starting to shake lose, so maybe they're finally making some adjustments at IST. I sure hope so. Very glad this was a happy ending!

Thank you! I'm on that board too. Last few years, I've shifted to all graphic novels and collections. I've always been a bigger fan of readable content over collectibles. But these days, even reprint collectibles can get very pricey (try collecting MMW complete, lol).

Edited by bronze_rules

18 minutes ago, mrlatko said:

I love the large Marvel hardcover omnibus books.  Wish they would put out Team-Up and Two-In-One.  I'd be all over those.

Seeing as the Masterworks are well into those series, I wouldn't doubt it all. Defenders is coming already.

Kind of excited to see Phantom Stranger coming, on the DC side.

Edited by bronze_rules