• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Seeing as the Masterworks are well into those series, I wouldn't doubt it all. Defenders is coming already.

Kind of excited to see Phantom Stranger coming, on the DC side.

I really hope the Phantom Stranger Omni happens. There is apparently a Deadman one coming, so there’s hope it won’t get cancelled.

@Wolverinex and anyone else, Target is running another Buy 2 Get 1 free sale starting today. Looks like they've restocked some stuff since the last sale. As always, the deals can be great, fair, or not good, depending on what you're specifically looking for. Pre-order titles are all full MSRP, so that's not help, but in stock books are generally competitive with Amazon et al and a killed deal when you add the free volume. Have fun!

33 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

@Wolverinex and anyone else, Target is running another Buy 2 Get 1 free sale starting today. Looks like they've restocked some stuff since the last sale. As always, the deals can be great, fair, or not good, depending on what you're specifically looking for. Pre-order titles are all full MSRP, so that's not help, but in stock books are generally competitive with Amazon et al and a killed deal when you add the free volume. Have fun!

Thank you buddy! I take a look.  Looks like it's also 2 for 1 for all toys,  games,  books and DVDs.... picking up a bunch of toys as gifts for Christmas

26 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Nice Phantom Stranger comics.  The She-Hulk collection is great as well.

They arrived around the same time as the Omnibus.  @october killed it from a grading perspective.  I'm a sucker for upgrading my Phantom Stranger Bronze Age run (a title that I finished collecting back in High School a very long time ago).

Well, they won't be mine until X-Mas, so I'll say that the wife's copies of Absolute Swamp Thing 1 & 2 arrived today from IST. So, that's a two week turnaround, which I sincerely hope means things are getting back on track with them, for all of us!

Also, does anyone know if there have been recent changes at the MMW board? I haven't been on in a week or so, was going to drop in tonight, but when I go to the Forums page I'm taken to a separate Tapatalk page, and I get errors when I try to log in. I know there had been talk of migrating the boards at some point, but I didn't realize that may already be happening. Or maybe it's just an error on my end, which is entirely probable. I'm well known for my user errors!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Also, does anyone know if there have been recent changes at the MMW board? I haven't been on in a week or so, was going to drop in tonight, but when I go to the Forums page I'm taken to a separate Tapatalk page, and I get errors when I try to log in. I know there had been talk of migrating the boards at some point, but I didn't realize that may already be happening. Or maybe it's just an error on my end, which is entirely probable. I'm well known for my user errors!

I found the same weird problem.My workaround is to go to google and do some topic search, and link in to the forum that way. Then move around from there.

33 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

I found the same weird problem.My workaround is to go to google and do some topic search, and link in to the forum that way. Then move around from there.

How strange! Thanks for the tip, that is working for me!

Big day for collected editions! I had to limit myself to the Batman Road to No Man's Land Omnibus, and the direct market exclusive Excalibur Omni. I must have my calendar screwed up, because I wasn't expecting Excalibur until 12/1. But it popped up at IST today and I just about had a stroke trying to get the order placed as fast as possible! Looks like I needn't have worried, as it's still up for sale a few hours later.

I would have liked to have grabbed the JLA omni as well, but with Black Friday sales looming, and Christmas shopping to do, I had to limit my personal spending. That volume should be popular enough to hang around a while, fingers crossed.

It looks like things may finally be turning around. The IST site upgrade seems to be working well, and from what I've personally seen, and what I'm reading at MMW, it looks like the 3pm logjam isn't quite as interminable as it had become in recent months. I'm also seeing reports that Picking/Scanning is moving much faster these days.  Also, they got several books back in stock, including UXM 1, Green Arrow Longbow Hunters, Hulk PAD 2, She Hulk by SLott, etc. Maybe those shipping lines are finally opening up, and we'll see some regular restock and/or larger allocations available for ordering. Let's hope! 

Happy hunting!

54 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Big day for collected editions! I had to limit myself to the Batman Road to No Man's Land Omnibus, and the direct market exclusive Excalibur Omni. I must have my calendar screwed up, because I wasn't expecting Excalibur until 12/1. But it popped up at IST today and I just about had a stroke trying to get the order placed as fast as possible! Looks like I needn't have worried, as it's still up for sale a few hours later.

I would have liked to have grabbed the JLA omni as well, but with Black Friday sales looming, and Christmas shopping to do, I had to limit my personal spending. That volume should be popular enough to hang around a while, fingers crossed.

It looks like things may finally be turning around. The IST site upgrade seems to be working well, and from what I've personally seen, and what I'm reading at MMW, it looks like the 3pm logjam isn't quite as interminable as it had become in recent months. I'm also seeing reports that Picking/Scanning is moving much faster these days.  Also, they got several books back in stock, including UXM 1, Green Arrow Longbow Hunters, Hulk PAD 2, She Hulk by SLott, etc. Maybe those shipping lines are finally opening up, and we'll see some regular restock and/or larger allocations available for ordering. Let's hope! 

Happy hunting!

I picked up Byrne She-Hulk, Slott She-Hulk and UXM 1.