• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,478 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

My wife gave me The Joker Bronze Age omnibus for Christmas... so many books in there that I own in slabs that I can now read!! What a freaking legend. 

I was hoping that they'd release a couple of TPBs for this collection, as they have done with most others.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, Zonker said:

This monster arrived yesterday!  Looking forward to re-reading the Simonson Orion stories, and very glad to have all the various back-up short stories rescued from their original sources (some of which I never saw on original publication, others of which I've sold off over the years).

I know it is a common complaint with this current generation of Omnibi, but I'd have really liked to see some editorial material included, an author's introduction or something similar.  For example, there is a Mark Millar - Steve Ditko short-short here I'd never before known about.  Apparently Ditko's last published work for DC.  I found a bit online about how it originated, but I'd be curious to learn more about why it sat in inventory from the late 1990s until TPB publication in 2008, and why it was chosen for inclusion here, since Simonson apparently had nothing to do with it?

35B9B1C4-7B73-42AE-867F-0B3463083F1C.jpeg

57843857-CBCB-45F9-8108-A6221B186E3D.jpeg

Such a great run! I got this one when it came out, read it all in a couple of sittings. No one does that Kirby-esque, operatic mythology like Uncle Walt.

Damn, I'm behind on things, I apparently missed UXM 3. Didn't have it on my  radar. UXM 2 is getting reprinted next month, right? Hopefully I can dig UXM 3 up somewhere. Looks like UXM Lee/Claremont Omni is still up at IST, so I haven't missed that yet. Crazy times, they're hammering us right after the holidays. C'mon stimulus check!

Edit: Ok, I see my confusion now. I guess direct market got their shipments early, as Amazon doesn't show UXM 3 hitting until Jan 19. That must have been where I got the date. Man, gonna be an expensive month, not sure I can get caught up!

Edited by F For Fake

17 hours ago, piper said:

My UXM V3 has a forecast ship date. I have no plans to get V4, but plan on picking up New X-Men by Morrison. After that I don’t plan anymore X-Men purchases.

I’m curious what everyone thinks  the quintessential runs are in the X-Men Pantheon.

highlight for me was 94-150. That coincided with my fade out for years. 

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Damn, I'm behind on things, I apparently missed UXM 3. Didn't have it on my  radar. UXM 2 is getting reprinted next month, right? Hopefully I can dig UXM 3 up somewhere. Looks like UXM Lee/Claremont Omni is still up at IST, so I haven't missed that yet. Crazy times, they're hammering us right after the holidays. C'mon stimulus check!

Went ahead and got the Lee/Claremont Omni ordered today. So glad they made the variant cover available again, as I really liked that "letterboxed" look when I owned it the first time around. 

Just got my first Omnibus in the mail today. I knew these things were big but I think I still underestimated just how big. Just made my way through the first "chapter'' of this series. Ive been thinking of reading the whole Annihilation/Kings series after this and getting those in omnibus as well (Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, War of Kings including Prelude and Aftermath). I cant seem to find a copy of WoK for less than $300 though! Is that OoP?

GotGBMBO1.jpg

GotGBMBO2.jpg

1 hour ago, kccoig14 said:

Just got my first Omnibus in the mail today. I knew these things were big but I think I still underestimated just how big. Just made my way through the first "chapter'' of this series. Ive been thinking of reading the whole Annihilation/Kings series after this and getting those in omnibus as well (Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, War of Kings including Prelude and Aftermath). I cant seem to find a copy of WoK for less than $300 though! Is that OoP?

GotGBMBO1.jpg

GotGBMBO2.jpg

War of Kings is hopelessly out of print.

I loved Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest. I read those in floppies when I still had a modern pull list.

I’ve heard that the modern Cosmic Saga also includes War of Realms but haven’t caught up to reading that yet.

33 minutes ago, piper said:

War of Kings is hopelessly out of print.

I loved Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest. I read those in floppies when I still had a modern pull list.

I’ve heard that the modern Cosmic Saga also includes War of Realms but haven’t caught up to reading that yet.

Yea, that's what it's looking like. I'll just have to read it on the app or some other way. I'll look into War of Realms also. Thanks for the heads up. 

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I just got this in the mail today. I really like this format and wish DC would continue the line, but so much time has passed since the original release I’m afraid the chances of that are slim. 

FE2799BC-4369-422F-AE1F-F778F980C9C6.thumb.jpeg.9868121b072aba8364d1d1172b96a13d.jpeg

DC has very little in the way of collected editions coming out this year. ☹️