• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

January Purchases....

146837705_10214125065440273_605283649697423174_o.thumb.jpg.a29ea0c890bd83aa01206206962be053.jpg

(well except for the Thor Omnibus, that was my Holiday Raffle win)

I wish I could find a copy of Peter David Hulk 1 at a reasonable price. Nice haul!

I was in a shop last weekend when I woman brought in An Alpha Flight Omnibus. 
I had never seen this one in person. She told me she worked for a Non-profit that somone
just donated 30 of these including this on and several DC and Spider-man ones all in great
shape. She was looking to sell them to the shop. :whatthe:

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I had never seen this one in person. She told me she worked for a Non-profit that somone
just donated 30 of these including this on and several DC and Spider-man ones all in great
shape. She was looking to sell them to the shop. :whatthe:

Wow. I would love to get an Alpha Flight Omni.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:59 PM, fastballspecial said:

shape. She was looking to sell them to the shop. :whatthe: H

Wow, that's cool. The Alpha Flight omni is OOP and sells for about $200. If the other omnis are from around that time, they could be sitting on a little gold mine. 

God bless the good people of IKEA! What would all of us book nerds do without them??

SO, this is a kinda dumb addition to the collection. When DC started releasing these post-Crisis copper Batman collections a year or so ago (Caped Crusader for Batman, Dark Knight Detective for Detective) I was over the moon, as this was really when I started reading the titles as a kid. So, I dutifully bought the first volumes, and then just as quickly lost track of them, as it was the sort of thing I assumed DC would keep in print. Well....I was wrong about that. They've done, I believe, 5 volumes in each series, and so far each of the volumes aside from the most recent has almost immediately sold out, with prices reaching stupid levels on eBay.

This weekend I was tidying up some shelves, and came across these trades. I decided that since I primarily collect hardcovers, and since this series is so popular it will likely eventually hit HC, AND they were currently selling for dumb money, I could let my two volumes go. So, I tossed them up on eBay, and this afternoon they sold. As soon as the notification came through, I instantly had that twinge of "Oh, I wish I hadn't sold that!" regret. But, I'm an honest seller, so I packed them up and sent them off.

Then, later this afternoon, I went to a local shop to browse, and lo and behold, not only did they have those volumes I'd just sold, they also had vol 2 of the Tec series. So, only an hour or two after having just sold these books...I bought them again, and was happy to do so! I figured this was the comic gods giving me one more shot, so I'd better take it. My reckoning is that if I decide, once again, that I don't need them, I should still be able to double my money. And if they DO reprint them, I'll be one step ahead in finishing the collection.

As trades go, these are really nice. Like I said, I'm usually a hardcover guy, but these are very satisfyingly chunky books, the page quality is pretty nice, they're using the greatest cover images, and the trade dress is attractive. The quality of the material probably directly correlates to how old you were when you read these stories, but as this stuff goes, they're pretty solid for the era, and there's some terrific art.

IMG_3048.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

24 minutes ago, Namtak said:

For me there was never more satisfying than the behold galactus reprint in gigantic format for 45$.galagtus at its biggest and finest!

41561313._SY475_.jpg

My problem with that thing, having looked at it a few years ago, is that it's just too damn big.  There's literally nowhere I can put it.  It's like my Lone Wolf and Club Gallery Edition--but worse.

Just now, Poekaymon said:

My problem with that thing, having looked at it a few years ago, is that it's just too damn big.  There's literally nowhere I can put it.  It's like my Lone Wolf and Club Gallery Edition--but worse.

Thats why its apropriate for galactus lol 

22 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

This is the reason why I ultimately sold my copy of the Taschen DC comics book, it was so enormous, in came in a box with a handle! I couldn't find a spot for it, and it was literally sitting on the floor leaning up against the wall. Just didn't seem right, so I sold it. 

The Artist Editions from IDW (and similar books from other publishers) are similarly problematic. I have them laying flat on a table. But I don't mind the space usage, as I actually do pick them up and leaf through them from time to time.

7 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

This is the reason why I ultimately sold my copy of the Taschen DC comics book, it was so enormous, in came in a box with a handle! I couldn't find a spot for it, and it was literally sitting on the floor leaning up against the wall. Just didn't seem right, so I sold it. 

The Artist Editions from IDW (and similar books from other publishers) are similarly problematic. I have them laying flat on a table. But I don't mind the space usage, as I actually do pick them up and leaf through them from time to time.

Mine are up to the ceilling lol with oa and movie poster box!

20210210_150301.jpg

7 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Mine are up to the ceilling lol with oa and movie poster box!

20210210_150301.jpg

Hey, you do what you gotta do!

3 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Got these recently (delivered earlier but another address). I have to say, the New Mutants is gargantuan. I bought twenty copies off the newstand of NM 1. What a sad investment =( If only I waited 98 issues later.

book.jpg

OoOoOoOoOo I like that Eternals cover.