• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,471 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2021 at 4:30 PM, F For Fake said:

IST's system is kinda of odd, in that once the release week approaches, items seem to disappear from the "coming soon" list. I'm assuming it's something triggered by the arrival of the Diamond notice for that week's shipments, and the item is being converted from "coming soon" to "in stock". I'm not sure. Regardless, it happens every week, and they have the Dr. Aphra Omnibus now, it's up for sale,so go get it!

Thanks, man!

They only had the direct market cover, but I pulled the trigger and picked one up. My order is now "waiting to process," but I'm pretty sure I was able to snag a copy before they sold out (which was a lot quicker than I thought they would).

16 minutes ago, MisterX said:

Thanks, man!

They only had the direct market cover, but I pulled the trigger and picked one up. My order is now "waiting to process," but I'm pretty sure I was able to snag a copy before they sold out (which was a lot quicker than I thought they would).

Awesome, so glad you got one! I think both covers are sold out now. It’s hard to tell these days how long books will last. During the early Covid days, through summer, books were selling out in minutes. Things have evened out a bit over the last few months, with some books sticking around for weeks, or longer. But hot stuff like X-Men and Star Wars still seem to move very briskly. I don’t leave it to chance anymore, I’m there at 3pm est on Tuesday with my finger on the trigger!

19 minutes ago, MisterX said:

Thanks, man!

Oh, and yes, if you got the order in, you SHOULD be fine. Every once in a while they may come back and say they didn’t have enough copies to cover orders, but it doesn’t happen as much since they revamped their site and got on top of things. Don’t panic if it sits at waiting for a while. Lately my orders have been at the waiting stage for a couple of weeks, then they finally move. My Howard the Duck MMW is picked and scanned, but the Dawn of X v6 trade I threw on the order to bring it up over the $50 free shipping threshold is still at waiting. It’s frustrating, but for the cost savings I don’t mind the wait that much.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Oh, and yes, if you got the order in, you SHOULD be fine. Every once in a while they may come back and say they didn’t have enough copies to cover orders, but it doesn’t happen as much since they revamped their site and got on top of things. Don’t panic if it sits at waiting for a while. Lately my orders have been at the waiting stage for a couple of weeks, then they finally move. My Howard the Duck MMW is picked and scanned, but the Dawn of X v6 trade I threw on the order to bring it up over the $50 free shipping threshold is still at waiting. It’s frustrating, but for the cost savings I don’t mind the wait that much.

Good to know!

Curious why a lot of the comment here is ordering from IST, and not other sites like Tales of Wonder or DCBS? Each of those sites offer pre-orders (and funny enough, all three are essentially the same company), so you dont have to worry about the 3 pm Tuesday crunch and getting the cover you want.

1 hour ago, bffnut said:

Curious why a lot of the comment here is ordering from IST, and not other sites like Tales of Wonder or DCBS? Each of those sites offer pre-orders (and funny enough, all three are essentially the same company), so you dont have to worry about the 3 pm Tuesday crunch and getting the cover you want.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what's happened with Tales of Wonder? It's the first time ever they've not responded to my e-mails and I have not gotten an order update from a February order.

I do know that ToW was swamped with titles and delayed by the weather like everyone else has. Back in December, I preordered some omnibuses I had missed preordering thru DCBS, and I've received all the ones that have been released so far just fine. 

JIC you werent aware, your items will never show as shipped thru the ToW website; they all get shipped thru IST and shipping updates are available there. If you havent already, log in and check there. Depending on what you ordered, it might just be something that had a delayed release.

23 minutes ago, bffnut said:

I do know that ToW was swamped with titles and delayed by the weather like everyone else has. Back in December, I preordered some omnibuses I had missed preordering thru DCBS, and I've received all the ones that have been released so far just fine. 

JIC you werent aware, your items will never show as shipped thru the ToW website; they all get shipped thru IST and shipping updates are available there. If you havent already, log in and check there. Depending on what you ordered, it might just be something that had a delayed release.

Wow, thank you so much- I had no idea that ToW and IST were even affiliated which shows how out of the loop I am. Really, I appreciate it thanks again- I'll check that out!

15 hours ago, wisbyron said:

Wow, thank you so much- I had no idea that ToW and IST were even affiliated which shows how out of the loop I am. Really, I appreciate it thanks again- I'll check that out!

You are welcome! It doesnt state that anywhere on the ToW website, but I saw it referenced in a few places (like reddit) so I emailed them about and they confirmed that is how they handle things. Since DCBS, ToW and IST are all the same company, I dont know why they havent integrated everything into one site where you can purchase things via pre-order and in-stock.

They're all under the same company, but ToW and IST still operate out of separate stockpiles (though within the same physical warehouse, I believe.) Seems like it's only a matter of time before they're all combined, but as of now they're still separate entities, with separate stock to pull from, under the umbrella of DCBS.

As for why I don't pre-order, it's just personal preference. I preorder stuff and then forget all about it until there's a charge I wasn't expecting. So I'd rather just wait until I'm ready to buy. I miss a few things here or there (primarily in the post-Covid world) but I usually get what I want, and then don't have to worry about holding out funds in my checkbooks for months on end, especially when books are delayed or canceled.

This guy showed up today, 1 week after it was ordered, which must be a new record for IST! My order from the previous week is still held up, as they're apparently having trouble stocking a Dawn of X tpb that I threw on there to hit the $50 free shipping limit.

X-Men Inferno should be next week, and then I don't have to pay attention for awhile. 

IMG_9979.JPG

IMG_9980.JPG

Captain Britain Omnibus scheduled for a reprint in October 2021! Woot! With extra content, too!

I see a bunch of folks are dumping theirs on eBay this morning. In fact, that's why I decided to search "Captain Britain Omnibus reprint" a few moments ago.

I picked my pre-order up today. This is one thick book, ringing in at 1392 pages and 3.5 Kg! I think some of the DC Omnis are still larger (e.g Fourth World).

The construction looks pretty solid.

I can’t wait to have a flip through this book.

A7314C21-CD37-4995-9943-CEC31E13BDE8.jpeg

7A15A433-178A-473B-A1FC-12835E56CF19.jpeg

37B71430-A462-428D-B889-6FC7868AED82.jpeg

5 minutes ago, piper said:

I picked my pre-order up today. This is one thick book, ringing in at 1392 pages and 3.5 Kg! I think some of the DC Omnis are still larger (e.g Fourth World).

I still have the original run which is fun to thumb through.  Cool omni with nice Byrne cover!

On 3/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, MisterX said:

Captain Britain Omnibus scheduled for a reprint in October 2021! Woot! With extra content, too!

I see a bunch of folks are dumping theirs on eBay this morning. In fact, that's why I decided to search "Captain Britain Omnibus reprint" a few moments ago.

Woohoo! This was probably my most desired reprint, really regret having sold my original many years ago. Can't wait! Thanks for the heads up!

15 hours ago, piper said:

Beauty! Got mine ordered. Was actually popping into the thread to make sure you'd gotten yours!

I found an Alpha Flight Omnibus! :banana:

My normal MO is to not buy Omnibus and OHCs on the secondary market, but I don't think they will ever reprint this book.

I'm still holding out hope for Byrne FF 2, Immortal Iron Fist, and Tomb of Dracula 2.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:27 PM, piper said:

Picked mine up on Saturday. You gotta see this thing in person. It's massive, but lots of fun! Can't wait for the Who's Who Omni to come out.