• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, piper said:

A bunch of new DC Absolutes and Omnibus listed on the Penguin Random House Website. Hopefully DC follows through...

:wishluck: Let's hope! DC has been so up in the air lately, who knows what we'll get. Definitely planning on getting the Batman NML Omni, Batman by Snyder/Capullo 2, and yes yes yes Absolute Kirby Fourth World V 2 finally announced! I think there's an extremely good chance those all see the light of day, as Batman and Kirby seem to sell well for them.

There's also a reprint of the Fourth World Omni for those who prefer that format. I sold mine when I got the Absolute, but it's still a great book, obviously.

I'll probably pick up the Justice League Dark Omni as well. That was one of my favorite of the 52 series, for sure. 

This guy arrived today! There was also a third, special 300th variant cover, but I still vastly preferred this, the traditional faux marble with gold foil variant. Ltd to 675 copies, I’m surprised Marvel even bothers to print the variants anymore. I guess they can depend on that hardcore crowd to chip in a few thousand every month for the latest book and make it worthwhile. Speaking of which, I need to order the new Dazzler volume!

I don’t do many masterworks anymore, but since I sold my Howard Omni way back when, and the material has apparently gotten a new remaster, I had to have this one. It’s crazy how thick MMW are getting these days. They’re like little omnis!

5D3C5B43-180D-4F9E-8670-FC297603D782.jpeg

35 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

This guy arrived today! There was also a third, special 300th variant cover, but I still vastly preferred this, the traditional faux marble with gold foil variant. Ltd to 675 copies, I’m surprised Marvel even bothers to print the variants anymore. I guess they can depend on that hardcore crowd to chip in a few thousand every month for the latest book and make it worthwhile. Speaking of which, I need to order the new Dazzler volume!

I don’t do many masterworks anymore, but since I sold my Howard Omni way back when, and the material has apparently gotten a new remaster, I had to have this one. It’s crazy how thick MMW are getting these days. They’re like little omnis!

5D3C5B43-180D-4F9E-8670-FC297603D782.jpeg

I haven’t read any HTD.

1 minute ago, piper said:

I haven’t read any HTD.

You know, I love Howard, and a lot of other people do, but it’s not something I can just straight up recommend to any and everyone, because a lot of the appeal would depend on your sense of humor. If you like weird/funny bronze stuff at all, it might be up your alley. I think Steve Gerber was a genius, for a lot of reasons, and Howard is one of the big ones. Also, lots of great art by Gene Colan, Frank Brunner, etc

8 hours ago, littlebull said:

Was there ever a signed Batman DKR Hardcover edition?

There are two.The 1986 signed/numbered edition of 4000, and the 10th Anniversary signed/#'d edition of 10K slipcase set by DC. Each comes with a specific signature page with the numbering and limitation info.

52 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Tomb of Dracula coming out in Masterworks this year!

DM cover looks fitting for a blood red tomb.

mater.jpg

I hope that there will be a reprint of TOD Omnibus V2.

2 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Tomb of Dracula coming out in Masterworks this year!

DM cover looks fitting for a blood red tomb.

mater.jpg

Sweet. I sold my omni's a loooong time ago. Hopefully there's a new Cory restoration for these. I'll be happy to buy these as a replacement for the long gone omnis. I love my big doorstop sized books, but I have to admit the MMW are easier on the wrists!

1 hour ago, piper said:

I just put together some IKEA Kallax shelving yesterday for my new comic room and spare bedroom.  The Omnibus and OHCs were growing like tribbles....

Yup, you're doomed. Soon your life will be ruled by shelving and books, and you know, it's not really such a BAD life!

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yup, you're doomed. Soon your life will be ruled by shelving and books, and you know, it's not really such a BAD life!

I've always had lots of books going all the way back to my childhood.  It's just that I've now added OHCs and Omnibus to the mix of paperback and hardcover books.  Even with the constant culling, I still have books two deep on shelves and paperbacks stacked on top of hardcovers.

To be honest, I really don't understand people who don't have books loitered all over the house.  My family lives a pretty orderly existence.  We would never be confused with being hoarders but there's always books on the coffee table and on the bedside table.

This beast arrived today, and I’m pleased. Of all of the X-Men hardcovers I sold, I regretted letting go of the Inferno and Inferno crossovers volumes the most. That was really the height of my teenage X-mania, right in the sweet spot. Jim Lee was exciting when he showed up, but Silvestri will always be my guy.

This new volume helpfully contains the contents of both of those OOP books, which is handy. It’s big, but not terribly so.

I do regret picking this cover, which is the DM variant. I liked the artwork on the regular edition better, but the collector mentality told me I should get the variant as it would be likely sell out and be harder to find down the road. Joke was on me, as the regular cover sold out in minutes, and this one was available for a few days. Oh well. It’s fine, but I still should have gone the other way.

FE0053A9-3078-4D62-BC03-8966CB058564.jpeg

0D7C8AF4-ED55-4E3E-8337-1CCDB662F8AB.jpeg