• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,466 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, piper said:

I have no interest in the box sets.  The OHCs and Omnis look so much better on the shelf.  I'm glad that we are getting reprints of FF V2 & 3 plus a new V4.  If only they could reprint the Byrne V2 Omnibus...

You know, I balked at the box sets at first, just because they're so HUGE. But I got the COIE and X-Men CoA sets, and I really love them. I'll likely get the BN/BD set at some point. Beyond that, it would have to be something I really cared about to commit to another set taking up that much real estate on my shelves. With Marvel, I didn't care about Infinity Saga or Civil War, so those were easy passes. With DC, I'm a sucker for those big crossovers, so I could probably be talked into just about anything that collects material from the 80's or 90's.

With FF, my interest begins and ends with Jack Kirby's run, so I'm good with the first four omnis there. I saw yesterday that a reprint is coming of the Hickman FF omnis, apparently that run is pretty great. I may check those out.

Edited by F For Fake
I can't count, apparently

I picked up my Defenders 1 yesterday!

Here's a list of the books that I have on pre-order:

• Stern Spider-man
  • FF V2 - 4
  • Man Thing
  • What If V1 & 2
  • Amazing Spider-Man V3, V5, and Michelinie/McFarlane
  • Annihilation Conquest
  • Captain America Brubaker - Death, Lives
  • Ultimate Spider-man

I also plan on getting the SA Thor V1 Omnibus when it comes out. 

Marvel realizes that they have a cash cow going, but that's a lot of Hard Covers being released. I'm certainly buying them...

1 hour ago, piper said:

I picked up my Defenders 1 yesterday!

Here's a list of the books that I have on pre-order:

• Stern Spider-man
  • FF V2 - 4
  • Man Thing
  • What If V1 & 2
  • Amazing Spider-Man V3, V5, and Michelinie/McFarlane
  • Annihilation Conquest
  • Captain America Brubaker - Death, Lives
  • Ultimate Spider-man

I also plan on getting the SA Thor V1 Omnibus when it comes out. 

Marvel realizes that they have a cash cow going, but that's a lot of Hard Covers being released. I'm certainly buying them...

That's a healthy list! I will have to get What If 1 & 2 for sure, and likely Man-Thing as well, to replace the one I sold once upon a time. The only thing I have coming up soon is the Marvel Aliens Omni, and I'll buy both covers on that one for the collection. Otherwise I'm happy to take a little break. 2021 has been brutal for X-men collectors so far, glad to have a breather!

The Vengeance TPB came up on Amazon last year, I ordered it, and ~5 months later Amazon cancelled my order and said they couldn't fulfill it. Only time this has ever happened to me. I was able to finally pick up this HC for a great price, still in shrink wrap. Now to sell the floppies and put it towards my next purchase.

20210410_070756.jpg

Dutifully logged into IST at 3pm today, expecting to order the Alien Omnibus, which they have listed as arriving today. Never popped up, so I poked around online, and looks like it's been pushed to May, but IST hasn't updated their list. So, I went ahead and ordered both covers from TOW, as I don't want to miss these. I'll be keeping the DM Mark Nelson variant (featuring his classic cover art to the first issue of the DH series) in my collection, and the ugly Land cover will be my "reader" copy.

Since I was all revved up and ready to buy something, I went ahead and picked up the DC Who's Who Omni at IST, as well as the OHMU DM variant, which I'd been meaning to pick up for a while now.

Also, for anyone who is still looking, IST has the X-Men Inferno omni's back in stock, both the regular and DM variant. I already have my DM copy, but i went ahead and ordered the regular edition, as that was the cover I'd originally wanted anyway. I'll hang onto my DM variant until it goes out of stock again, and either hold onto it, or sell it at that time. No big hurry.

IST also has both covers of the New Mutants omni in stock. I thought that one had sold out? I must have missed the restock. I'll keep an eye on stock levels. I've already spent too much today, but if they still have the DM variant on payday, I'll probably go ahead and grab it.

Omar is running his annual reprint poll, voting ends next Friday. Whatever you think about his videos (I tend to watch with the sound off) I don't think there's any doubt at this point that he has Marvel's ear. Never hurts to make your voice heard!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYWNKpX-jUdvgFlxmReCD2KaiodCwyxDP3M56ljMTOFQMRrQ/viewform?gxids=7628

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Omar is running his annual reprint poll, voting ends next Friday. Whatever you think about his videos (I tend to watch with the sound off) I don't think there's any doubt at this point that he has Marvel's ear. Never hurts to make your voice heard!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYWNKpX-jUdvgFlxmReCD2KaiodCwyxDP3M56ljMTOFQMRrQ/viewform?gxids=7628

Votes in!

I asked for TOD V2, Immortal Iron Fist, Byrne FF V2, Peter David Hulk V1, and Thor V2.

18 minutes ago, piper said:

Votes in!

I asked for TOD V2, Immortal Iron Fist, Byrne FF V2, Peter David Hulk V1, and Thor V2.

I went with 

X-Men Fall of the Mutants - probably a wasted vote as it seems to be a foregone conclusion that it’s coming.

UXM 2 -  because I got my dates confused and missed the reprint, which is already selling for $250-$300!

Inmortal Iron Fist - this one has been gone for a long time now

Avengers by Hickman 1 & 2 - I sold these as I couldn’t resist the money they were selling for, and I regret it. They were really nice looking books and I really enjoyed the scale of the story.

Edited by F For Fake

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I went with 

X-Men Fall of the Mutants - probably a wasted vote as it seems to be a foregone conclusion that it’s coming.

UXM 2 -  because I got my dates confused and missed the reprint, which is already selling for $250-$300!

Inmortal Iron Fist - this one has been gone for a long time now

Avengers by Hickman 1 & 2 - I sold these as I couldn’t resist the money they were selling for, and I regret it. They were really nice looking books and I really enjoyed the scale of the story.

The X-Men Collected Editions have been coming in waves.  It would be nice to see some other characters get some love!

I'm pretty sure UXM 2 will get a restock.

14 minutes ago, piper said:

The X-Men Collected Editions have been coming in waves.  It would be nice to see some other characters get some love!

I'm pretty sure UXM 2 will get a restock.

It’s true! The X-men floodgates really opened up in recent months, after having a dry spell for a few years. It’s fun, but expensive! And I agree, I’m pretty sure we’ll see UXM 2 again, so I’m not biting at current prices. 

6 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Batman by Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale Omnibus..!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

91GDMoFk-hL.thumb.jpg.e699f869110dd417714b1b42208b2038.jpg

I was tempted to pick this up, but I've already got Long Halloween, Dark Victory and Haunted Knight in Absolute form. But the material is strong enough that a double dip would probably be warranted. Terrific stuff!

6 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Threw in the towel on Defenders Omni!  On that note, I have to say, Conan is so addicting, I've plowed through every issue so far (incl. SSoC omnis) and want more. Roy Thomas was incredible (same for Buscema, Kane, etc).

conan.jpg

Conan looks more interesting than the book to it’s left on circuit board design.