• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,478 posts in this topic

Does anyone here own the Strange Adventures Deluxe Edition hardcover? I only own the regular edition hardcover, the own they rereleased when it came out in collected form initially, but I LOVE the series, so it's absolutely one I'd like to upgrade to a deluxe edition. Is it worth it though? Does anyone have pics of said Deluxe Edition? I'm talking about the one written by Tom King, btw. 

Thanks to anyone who is able to assist. 

On 4/14/2024 at 4:41 PM, Cat said:

Does anyone here own the Strange Adventures Deluxe Edition hardcover? I only own the regular edition hardcover, the own they rereleased when it came out in collected form initially, but I LOVE the series, so it's absolutely one I'd like to upgrade to a deluxe edition. Is it worth it though? Does anyone have pics of said Deluxe Edition? I'm talking about the one written by Tom King, btw. 

Thanks to anyone who is able to assist. 

On 4/14/2024 at 2:25 PM, F For Fake said:

Back to the top!

So, Captain America by Nick Spencer wasn't a volume that I was in any big hurry to pick up, but I did plan to eventually get it to keep my Cap HC run going.

Cheap Graphic Novels has "Nick and Dent" copies available for $20. After tax and shipping it came to right about $30. My copy arrived today, and it looks flawless to me. Of course YMMV, but for the cost I think it's worth the risk if this is one you're thinking of getting.

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/captain-america-by-nick-spencer-omnibus-vol-01-hc-saiz-cvr-nick-and-dent-

Also, CGN is having a Marvel 50% off sale on several books. It may not be a mind-blowing discount, but it safely makes for a better deal than current prices at IST, or the Target B2G1 sale. FF by Hickman 1 & 2 for $50 each, stuff like that. Worth a look.

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/marvel-sale-2024/

Thank you for the heads up on this sale, there are 2 omni's I've been meaning to buy and they are on sale.

On 4/14/2024 at 9:54 PM, captainzombie said:

Thank you for the heads up on this sale, there are 2 omni's I've been meaning to buy and they are on sale.

Awesome! I'm always hoping someone can grab a good deal when I post this stuff! Happy to share the news!

On 4/15/2024 at 5:54 PM, Cat said:

Couldn't help myself, got a good deal on Amazon for the 52 omnibus and the Absolute Doomsday Clock. I'm hopeless. :sorry:

I also added the Strange Adventures Deluxe Edition. I've got the regular hardcover of it, but enjoyed it so much I wanted to upgrade to the Deluxe now that's an option. It's a bit larger, and has about 100 pages of extra features, so it's not a complete waste of money. It was also cheap, 50 bucks, originally 110.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:35 PM, MagnusX said:

Some Moon Knight reading.
MOON KNIGHT BY HUSTON, BENSON & HURWITZ OMNIBUS.

81QzYZnUdnL._SL1500_.jpg

Can you please let us know what this is like? I'm interested in this, but have only read Huston and Finch's run. I have no idea what the rest is like, if it's worth a purchase. I could do with some good Moon Knight reading, is this it? 

On 4/18/2024 at 10:51 AM, Cat said:

Can you please let us know what this is like? I'm interested in this, but have only read Huston and Finch's run. I have no idea what the rest is like, if it's worth a purchase. I could do with some good Moon Knight reading, is this it? 

On 4/19/2024 at 1:02 AM, SpineTic said:

Damn you, this has got my 2 favourite runs in it. I'll order a copy in the morning. 

Thanks, I hate you. 

On 4/15/2024 at 12:51 AM, captainzombie said:

Did they say how long this sale is going to run for?

Unforunately no, but since there's no hard end date, I take that to mean it'll last until their stock is back down to the level they want it to be at, sort of the same way IST will put a title on clearance, and after it sells xyz amount of copies, it goes back up to full price.

On 4/18/2024 at 10:49 AM, Cat said:

I also added the Strange Adventures Deluxe Edition. I've got the regular hardcover of it, but enjoyed it so much I wanted to upgrade to the Deluxe now that's an option. It's a bit larger, and has about 100 pages of extra features, so it's not a complete waste of money. It was also cheap, 50 bucks, originally 110.

I liked Strange Adventures, but am good with my standard hc. However, I will be all over the Absolute of Mister Miracle when it hits, really loved that one.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:38 AM, Cat said:

Damn you, this has got my 2 favourite runs in it. I'll order a copy in the morning. 

Thanks, I hate you. 

And ordered. I hope you're happy with what you've done. I hope you sleep peacefully tonight, with no regrets about what you've done this morning. 

........ :p

On 4/15/2024 at 8:54 AM, Cat said:

Couldn't help myself, got a good deal on Amazon for the 52 omnibus and the Absolute Doomsday Clock. I'm hopeless. :sorry:

Both good series.  52 is very consistent in quality.  Thick omnibus.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/19/2024 at 10:42 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yeah, I collected 52 and read it weekly as it came out, but that's the last time I read it, so to be honest, it may as well be new to me, besides the BIG plot points, of course, which I still remember the answers to. 

Doomsday Clock I also bought whenever the heck it decided to come out, but I never got around to reading it. I was saving the issues until I had a good amount to get through, and then I just never got around to it. But I love the creators involved, and for the price I couldn't say no. Worst case scenario is I hate it and sell it and lose $10 on my purchase price. No big deal. But even if I hated it, which is unlikely, I'd probably be inclined to keep it for my Geoff Johns collection. 

On 4/18/2024 at 8:42 PM, Ken Aldred said:

52 is one of my favorite things DC ever published. A weekly series with four writers, it shouldn't have worked, and yet, somehow, it did! For a brief time, DC was hitting on all cylinders, with the various projects dovetailing into their big events, then follow-ups. I think it sort of lost steam with "Countdown", but 52 was the peak. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it starred some of my absolute favorite DC characters, like Booster Gold and The Question, but I also loved how it touched on all corners of the DCU. We got the dark and serious stuff, but we also got the goofy stuff, all of the things I love about DC. Just a terrific series, and indeed, that omni is a wristbreaker!

On 4/18/2024 at 10:51 AM, Cat said:

I am in the same boat, I only have read the Huston / Finch run, but I am curious about the rest.
Reading more post, I notice that you already buy it; enjoy. 

:applause: