• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on facebook
3 3

233 posts in this topic

eBay fees don't bother me. Someone made an offer on something yesterday morning.  It was $145.  They offered $107.  Told them this is a take it or leave it offer of $125.  I probably should have sold it for $110 but the way I see it is that the extra $15 compensates for the fees. I have bought on FB groups but never sold.

One time I tried to sell and the buyer flaked and never sent the money.  So... 

Maybe I will try it again. 

There are Three Groups that are good to be a member of as they keep track of unreliable sellers/buyers:

Bureau of Safe Transactions and Comic Book Exchanges

Comic Book - DISPUTES & ISSUES

EBay Comic Book Accountability and Shout Outs

They maintain lists of people who are up to shady stuff, and can help resolve questions about uncertain individuals. 

I started my own local only FB group which includes WA state, Portland and surrounding, and one of two members in ID.  There are almost 1,000 members and a lot of them are doing deals with each other through PMs and meeting up.  There are stores who are members, con sellers, and collectors.  One seller told me that his sale jumped greatly since he joined.  Just an idea.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/959471804100536/?ref=bookmarks

After 36 hours I may need to turn off notifications.  Too much. A lot of overpriced stuff and bad photos with no grades. Which means that there is probably treasure to be found if you look enough. And then I see people replying in threads undercutting sellers offering their own books!

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

After 36 hours I may need to turn off notifications.  Too much. A lot of overpriced stuff and bad photos with no grades. Which means that there is probably treasure to be found if you look enough. And then I see people replying in threads undercutting sellers offering their own books!

I just do not go to the home page much and stick to my page.

12 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Wasn't Cap 100 was it?

No, that one is on ebay though!

It was Boys Comics 8 low grade copy! I also sold two Man Comics on the very day I joined last week.

No I do not think so. I had no facebook before but used a fake last name for this. (My name is long so we use Walsh when making reservations so I did that.)

Edited by Bird

On 1/2/2019 at 1:37 AM, Ssantoss said:

There are Three Groups that are good to be a member of as they keep track of unreliable sellers/buyers:

Bureau of Safe Transactions and Comic Book Exchanges

Comic Book - DISPUTES & ISSUES

EBay Comic Book Accountability and Shout Outs

They maintain lists of people who are up to shady stuff, and can help resolve questions about uncertain individuals. 

This is awesome - thank you!

22 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Man yer killin it on the sales. What group are you selling in?

I think it’s called original comic art Byselle trade

10 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Most of people are not 100% commited at FB . They send you private messages telling you "i am interested"  or "i will take" and when you reply them with paying instructions and you never hear feom thek again. 

I have had a few "is this still available" and then nothing but I am mostly tired of everyone liking my posts but not buying! :sumo: