• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on facebook
3 3

233 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I have had a few "is this still available" and then nothing but I am mostly tired of everyone liking my posts but not buying! :sumo:

From my limited experience on facebook the buyers on there are just looking to trade or dead broke.  They may buy a couple slabs a year but unless the book is half price they never seem to have money no matter how much they "like" the books.

Edited by 1Cool

CGC fo

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

From my limited experience on facebook the buyers on there are just looking to trade or dead broke.  They may buy a couple slabs a year but unless the book is half price they never seem to have money no matter how much they "like" the books.

Reminds me of CGC modern forum sales , some new boardies reach me via private message asking for discount ,when i say "yes" or "deal" i never see them again  

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:
7 hours ago, Bird said:

I have had a few "is this still available" and then nothing but I am mostly tired of everyone liking my posts but not buying! :sumo:

Edited 5 hours ago by 1Cool

What surprises me honestly is the insane prices that are asked for some books. Its like they think you wont check going prices even minus ebay costs they still want to set new records with sales. 

3 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I just joined a group where only offers are allowed. All books posted for sale are not allowed to have a price listed you just entertain offers thru PM. I listed a few books but am not getting my hopes up.

That IS odd. My initial flurry of buyers has cooled off somewhat. :popcorn:

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

Sometimes I think it just boils down to being at the right place at the right time. I used to sell my Voldy books on FB groups with relative ease but that was years ago. Now I haven't even gotten a bite on any of my books posted. Except for someone wanting to make a trade obviously in his favor. All you can do is put your product out there in as many places as possible and wait for the fish to bite.

13 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Sometimes I think it just boils down to being at the right place at the right time. I used to sell my Voldy books on FB groups with relative ease but that was years ago. Now I haven't even gotten a bite on any of my books posted. Except for someone wanting to make a trade obviously in his favor. All you can do is put your product out there in as many places as possible and wait for the fish to bite.

That's is the ticket right there! I am too impatient though, but I am getting better at the waiting game.

54 minutes ago, Bird said:

The problem with FB is it rarely shows group posts on your main wall unless you frequent the group. In the past it was not like this. It used to show group posts much more often. As a result ads are usually not seen unless someone is browsing the group page. I usually have to message people I've sold to in the past when I want to make quick sales. 

Ive tried a few groups and haven’t had much success. One was a low grade only group (6 and under) and I had an ASM 7.0 on there for $15 (simple cross post from another group), it was deleted and was told to “read the rules!” 🙄 Another one chastised me for offering media mail shipping on a $15 dollar book - Would have been happy to ship anyway the buyer liked! 

So yeah, it’s weird. And I can’t really take the constant bad memes and off topic posts. Maybe I just gotta find the right group.

Edited by Phish&Comics
font size

I'm entertained by the live auctions on Facebook. A shop that is fairly local to me has live auctions and I am amazed at the prices they get for books which I consider drek. They do also have some good books, but they get sky high prices for them, as well. I know when I talked to the shop owner they mentioned that they seem to get people late at night who have been drinking bidding high on their auctions, but they seem to honor their bids mostly. This particular shop does a good job of keeping the auctions fun and creating almost a sense of community with the people who "tune in" to their live broadcasts, so I think that plays into it, but man, some of the prices they are getting for junk books is just mind blowing!

And then there is the beauty of eBay

Just received $425 + shipping for a copy of ASM 31 in a CGC 6.5 setting an all time GPA high. 

eBay and PayPal fees more than make up for what I just sold the book for. 

Edited by Buzzetta

15 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Just about any venue is viable for buying and selling comics. What makes eBay the top contender (for now) is how simple it is to search for a particular book (or genre). As far as I know, none of the other places compare (and Amazon doesn’t count). 

true, although I couldn't locate which groups I had a book in and just searched the title and it came right up!