• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on facebook
3 3

233 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Bird said:

apparently someone named Michael Salvatore tried selling a boardie's FF5 CGC 3.0 with hole punches on his facebook account. It is not there now but I asked about it to let him know people are watching!

That's so bad (tsk)..  it's either he was trying to pull off a scam or he was trying to see if he can sell it for a higher price than what the OP listed it for so in turn he can buy it off OP and complete the transaction with the new potential FB buyer. 

15 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

That's so bad (tsk)..  it's either he was trying to pull off a scam or he was trying to see if he can sell it for a higher price than what the OP listed it for so in turn he can buy it off OP and complete the transaction with the new potential FB buyer. 

yeah, the boardie explained it in his sales thread. They are local to each other apparently.

2 minutes ago, zuckuss2003 said:

Do you generally see higher sale prices than you might see here on the boards? How about versus ebay? I assume the only fees are the Paypal fees when selling on FB/IG?

my pricing is pretty stable, facebook and ebay about the same and here a little less. I sold stuff there that sat here and on ebay though. I have far more lookee-loos there but it seems to be working out even though it has not been the gangbusters that it was at first. FB is fairly strict about goods and services paypal in the groups but people seem to have no problem using F&F, I just tell them I wouldn't complain if they pay that way and some have. So zero fees if that happens! I have not ventured onto IG, I set up an account but cannot figure out how to do a thing. I am now my father, who would have me hook up the vcr when I was a kid!

I am actually pulling stuff off Facebook today for my mixed ages sales thread going on now so that I can re-organize better if I need to put them back up there. I learned that much, put more than one comic in a post!

I am so unorganized on FB right now. Some books in some Groups... some in others. Can't even find them. I think I need to mark them all sold and start over. Doesn't help that one group doesn't allow prices since its for offers only so the books for sale have to be listed there differently. 

Alright FB experts. I need to find all the comics I listed in probably 10 different groups and mark them all sold. Problem is I can't find the comics anymore. How do I get to a screen where it shows all the things I have for sale? I've seen this screen pop up before but I wasn't searching at the time so I don't know how I got there.  :/

I find FB very disorienting. I can't find old posts, etc. I will probably give it a shot I suppose. I tried to buy some books from someone minutes after they listed, but someone had supposedly messaged them first. The phone photos and vague grading (where folks want top top dollar for vaguely graded and poorly photographed books) is a turn off, but I suppose you get that on ebay too.

Or some of this... In January a 9.6 of this book sold on ebay today for $55, a 9.4 at $33, a 9.6 at $50, a 9.4 at $50 , a 9.6 at $66, a 9.6 at $49...And this guy is asking $85 + $7 s/h for a raw VF copy? I know this is within the real of sanity (only 3-4X FMV), but my FB feed is full of notifications for this kind of silliness. I need to turn it off and just visit these groups now and then.

Buy/Sell/Trade

"Moon Knight number 1 Premiere issue
$85
Kansas City, MO

Moon Knight number 1 premier issue, this comic is in very fine condition please see photos shipping and additional $7 must have PayPal account and pay at time of agreement of sale, $85 or best offer"

Image may contain: 1 person

Ive sold and bought on FB. Best to sell on local groups, there are a couple good ones in my area, I also like the Canada only groups with CDN prices only, no nasty conversion! 

Another route is to join a few groups, get a decent rep then start your own page where you can direct all your sellers to check out your static stock 

If you are a seller at cons it’s a good place to presell your wares before a show  

A drawback to FB is the clique-y aspect of some groups, favourtism and whatnot, but that exists here at times as well. 

Also for people complaining about notifications, you can set that sh** to whatever rocks your boat. No notifications if you want

On 1/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

I just put in my request for that group. I remember talking to James a lot a few years ago before I yanked my original FB account.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:34 PM, Kramerica said:

Just asked to join as well (thumbsu

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the group. James is still admining as well.  He is a great guy. Definitely someone in the community I would trust with anything.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My general view on Facebook is it is a dumpster fire.  You really need an anonymous account that you access from a single wiped PC that you only use for facebook.

Thanks for that.

I was this close to opening my first FB account - thinking of dipping toe in as avenue to maybe sell books in future if it become 'must have.'

Maybe next year I'll think about wanting to maybe consider it again.

38 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am not thrilled it has my name. I have tried using a spin on my name and FB made me change it.

Really?I've used a character name for years.They tried to get me to,change it once,with ID ect but I fought it and after review,seeing it was not offensive,they let me be.