• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on facebook
3 3

233 posts in this topic

I don't use my real name either, the shoertened version I use for restaurant reservations is what I have up there. I tried Bird DaComicman but that didn't get through!

5 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Really?I've used a character name for years.They tried to get me to,change it once,with ID ect but I fought it and after review,seeing it was not offensive,they let me be.

Nope. Someone must have reported me. I used my last name twice. They gave me grief. I told them I work in law enforcement and would like to limit my exposure. They did not care. So I use my initials (except I added a middle initial I don't have)

On 1/21/2019 at 10:52 AM, zuckuss2003 said:

Sounds good, thanks for what you shared so far.

Absolutely - thanks @Bird This is invaluable. I think I might give it a try this weekend. Just 3 nice books - all BIN to gauge interest and see how it goes. Should it go nice I'll do some more (thumbsu

22 minutes ago, grebal said:

This reminds me of "Don't you boys know any nice songs? ... He used to cut my grass, he was a very nice boy. "

I think jimmers probably sounds like that lady

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Do any of you use Facebook payments?  How has that been working out for anyone that does ?

Found some Tales of the TMNT and the seller took payment through messenger. I was able to use my PayPal account at no extra charge, the payment went through fine, and the comics arrived as described.

Seller also had other cool books that weren’t listed, always worth it to ask if they have any other comics for sale. 2c

I need to turn off my notifications. I dunno about selling, but it is maybe 1 in 500 books that are not wildly overpriced. The groups forbid commenting on wacky prices, but again and again I see folks list stuff for 3-10x ebay prices. A VG superman 300 for $50 plus shipping?  I don't see buying. A lot of delusional folks thinking they can sell for 3x Mile high prices, bad camera pics, bad grading. It makes the lady selling comics on eBay she found in the neighbors trash look like a seasoned comic professional. Yes, there are a few serious guys who have some serious books for sale and their pricing may be market, but the rest pick  a random VG bronze book and price it at 4x Nm and charge $8 shipping.

5 hours ago, the blob said:

Of course just as I posted that I missed out on a slabbed SA  asm  priced at about $100 below market and well within my $300 budget.

Based on what you've said, it sounds like a good place to sell if you're a good seller (boardie-level on grading pics and pricing), but a sub-optimal place to shop as a buyer.  Is that about right?  And that doing either requires patience and a bit of perseverance?

On 1/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Aweandlorder said:

I currently have 6-7 fake fb IDs. I created them back in my pimpin days

PIMP.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

I wonder about the longevity of FB considering todays youth look at it like its the plague. They make fun of people with FB accounts so maybe once our generation dies off, so will it.

Yes, but they love instagram so the company will survive.