• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on facebook
3 3

233 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:
5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

PIMP.

Yes, but they love instagram so the company will survive.

Right now the craze is Tik Tok so the next generation will have to sell their comics in short videos.

Ke$ha?

22 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Right now the craze is Tik Tok so the next generation will have to sell their comics in short videos.

Hit or miss... 

Just sold 6 Thor issues on FB, a rare buyer who didn't haggle. Also may have sold 2 slabs ASM300/301 but he wants to pick them up so that may or may not work out. (Trying to set up a meet at JPs Old Bridge show tomorrow for that but not confirmed.) So FB continues to be a nice alternative for me, I listed the slabs yesterday and the Thor issues this morning.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

I wonder about the longevity of FB considering todays youth look at it like its the plague. They make fun of people with FB accounts so maybe once our generation dies off, so will it.

46 year olds like Facebook. We are apparently 80% of collectors along with 45 and 47 year olds.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:23 PM, grebal said:

Based on what you've said, it sounds like a good place to sell if you're a good seller (boardie-level on grading pics and pricing), but a sub-optimal place to shop as a buyer.  Is that about right?  And that doing either requires patience and a bit of perseverance?

They need to work on the marketplace if they want to contend with eBay. I’d say they’re already beating out Craigslist though

I have not had any luck figuring out the auctions but I don't pay them much mind as I have no intention of spending an hour looking at the feed to see what books are going for. 

I am making my first purchase of comics from FB though, I have a message in to buy two issues of ToS. We'll see how that goes. Selling continues to go well although the amount of trade requests is dizzying. I was listening to a trade offer from one person about my ASM300 & 301 slabs and at one point he told me not to overvalue my books and undervalue his, then he did that to me in the same post! I have my books at gpa or slightly under so I told him the gpa value and that I was no longer interested. That feeling was compounded when he kept working for a trade and showed me his Next Men 21 8.0 valued at $100 but it was raw. :sumo:

I've been selling locally on FB recently, mostly stuff that I don't feel like shipping (Lego sets, large GI Joe items, large lots of comics, etc.) The upside, obviously, is the lack of fees, but I also like that I meet the person, get cash, confirm that they're happy and I'm happy, and don't have to worry about someone coming back at me with a "not as described" case or negative feedback. It all seems very honest and straightforward. Not sure if I want to move to mail order sales on there yet or not, though. Lack of a reliable feedback system is a deterrent at this point. Not that eBay's feedback system is terrific, but it's something, I guess.

I WILL say that in the time I've been selling locally on FB, I've noticed that Craigslist seems to have mostly atrophied. I used to get a lot of tirekickers (and some sales) with the same sort of stuff on CL. But these days it's mostly crickets on CL, whereas FB at least generates responses, even if they don't always lead to sales. So, I'm not sure if that means CL buyers/sellers have migrated to FB en masse, but locally, anecdotally, it FEELS that way.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, Bird said:

I have not had any luck figuring out the auctions but I don't pay them much mind as I have no intention of spending an hour looking at the feed to see what books are going for. 

I am making my first purchase of comics from FB though, I have a message in to buy two issues of ToS. We'll see how that goes. Selling continues to go well although the amount of trade requests is dizzying. I was listening to a trade offer from one person about my ASM300 & 301 slabs and at one point he told me not to overvalue my books and undervalue his, then he did that to me in the same post! I have my books at gpa or slightly under so I told him the gpa value and that I was no longer interested. That feeling was compounded when he kept working for a trade and showed me his Next Men 21 8.0 valued at $100 but it was raw. :sumo:

That's pretty funny, don't over value your books and don't under value mine. xD  What a way to start out a possible transaction. FB is at least very entertaining.

4 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

That's pretty funny, don't over value your books and don't under value mine. xD  What a way to start out a possible transaction. FB is at least very entertaining.

Yes, turned me right off. He was also telling me that ASM 301 CGC 9.4 is a $50 book...gpa last sale is $75 and 12 month avg is $95 for 58 sales. And him with his $100 Next Men 21 raw 8.0!

It is entertaining now but it was annoying before I got settled in and understood the social norms there.

Edited by Bird

I have made two trades so far and they worked out fairly well I guess. I would have a better opinion of one if the Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2 9.4 slab would sell in my sales thread I started today! :sumo:

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

I have made two trades so far and they worked out fairly well I guess. I would have a better opinion of one if the Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2 9.4 slab would sell in my sales thread I started today! :sumo:

Don't be afraid to send me a PM of said sales thread.

I was holding some comics for a guy who was going to pay Friday. Messaged me today that he cannot buy them as he and the wife and splitting up and he is now selling his collection off! I believe him, sad story it seems but he'll be better off in the end I guess.

I continue to have tons of tire-kickers but sales are still fairly steady, so any sales count as a win for me.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I was holding some comics for a guy who was going to pay Friday. Messaged me today that he cannot buy them as he and the wife and splitting up and he is now selling his collection off! I believe him, sad story it seems but he'll be better off in the end I guess.

I continue to have tons of tire-kickers but sales are still fairly steady, so any sales count as a win for me.

lol his name starts with a T right? Got the same message today. I don't believe any messages like that honestly. The #1 excuse I get for flakes is because their wife won't "let them". 

23 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

lol his name starts with a T right? Got the same message today. I don't believe any messages like that honestly. The #1 excuse I get for flakes is because their wife won't "let them". 

hm

(shrug)

:sumo: