• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on facebook
3 3

233 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Facebook really is the wild west of comic book selling. Watch any live auctions and that will tell you. 

Honestly I tell myself everyone has to start somewhere, but they want you to think they are professionals
when obviously they are not. Its the modern area I tend to avoid the most. There seems to be more problems
in that area with new collectors in the market that have a much different mentality for how to sell comics.

What is nice is Paypal will eventually freeze your account for doing it. Ive seen several that all of sudden are 
complaining their account got frozen.

Does PayPal freeze accounts based on activity or someone reporting it?

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

From what I have gathered it really depends on how much  you use F&F. 
I would imagine big money would trigger it as well as multiple transactions over time.

I was constantly sending money to/from my wife And we have different last names. PayPal never did anything. Thousands of $.

I have done a few live auctions on FB.  It's a good way to get rid of some books quickly.  It's tough to get viewers though...if I get 12 or more viewers, that's a good sale.  Expect low ballers of course but I do it mainly for fun and interaction.  Have a few beers, sell some books, meet some peeps. 

13 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

I have done a few live auctions on FB.  It's a good way to get rid of some books quickly.  It's tough to get viewers though...if I get 12 or more viewers, that's a good sale.  Expect low ballers of course but I do it mainly for fun and interaction.  Have a few beers, sell some books, meet some peeps. 

Low ballers on auctions?

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

So someone just jams their offering into a thread?

often someone will post a sales thread and then list individual comics in the comments section

2 hours ago, Bird said:
2 hours ago, the blob said:

often someone will post a sales thread and then list individual comics in the comments section

Or you get pm's.  I just started selling on FB a few weeks ago.  Not much luck yet.  I try to give good descriptions and reasonable prices, but so many others throw up a book and say give me offers.  I don't get it. 

8 hours ago, the blob said:

Usually a seller on fb will post pics of big big big books and prepare everyone for a sale. Once everyone’s tuned in they list the books one by one with offers. 
usually. USUALLY.. you get high end books at overpriced>reasonable prices and a whole bunch of drek that flies at 1-2$ a pop. But sometimes you get clueless sellers too. Just like any other platform (ahem, eBay)

8 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Usually a seller on fb will post pics of big big big books and prepare everyone for a sale. Once everyone’s tuned in they list the books one by one with offers. 
usually. USUALLY.. you get high end books at overpriced>reasonable prices and a whole bunch of drek that flies at 1-2$ a pop. But sometimes you get clueless sellers too. Just like any other platform (ahem, eBay)

No, what I am saying is the second spotlight in the thread seems to being sold by the non-OP. He just hijacked the sales thread.