Selling on facebook
6 6

209 posts in this topic

1,133 posts

Yep if I just go into my groups section and search X-Men I will see all those for sale in the groups I belong to and also the ones listed in local market place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,428 posts

Got another annoying "is this still available" followed by silence! But did sell a few more books today on there, small stuff but good sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133 posts

I'm actually 1 for 1 on "is this still available". Of all books listed only 1 has gotten any attention.  :(  And it was the last book I thought anyone would want. Logic does not apply on FB I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528 posts
1 hour ago, Bird said:

Got another annoying "is this still available" followed by silence! But did sell a few more books today on there, small stuff but good sales.

Sometimes when viewing items for sale I have accidentally hit one of FB auto responses when trying to back out of viewing.  I have not found a way to turn off the annoying option yet.  However, I will let the seller know that I hit the button by accident when it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,428 posts
4 minutes ago, Kreton said:

Sometimes when viewing items for sale I have accidentally hit one of FB auto responses when trying to back out of viewing.  I have not found a way to turn off the annoying option yet.  However, I will let the seller know that I hit the button by accident when it happens.

I am talking about people typing it in! But yes, what you said is easy to do by mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,106 posts

I am an admin in a fairly large comic group on Facebook (Comic Book Lovers Buy, Sell, Trade, and Auctions). We have a core group of sellers that have been around for years that offer a wide range of books.  I think Facebook is great for buying as opposed to eBay because of the interaction. It is more personal and I have made some great friendships from it. I think Facebook will take the marketplace feature to the next level eventually. When that happens it could be one of the go to spots for comics. It's definitely heading in that direction already. 

BIGS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,850 posts

Hardly any scans on FB. A lot of shaky camera photos. You really have to be trusting re: grading. Most of the pricing is like ebay high fixed price sellers plus 20%, but there is probably a lot of negotiation via PM. " best offer" is a bit easier than a lot of "will you take?" Messages. Have seen some offerings that I may have gone for but then I start crunching the numbers and there usually isn't enough meat on the bone when you factor in likely overgrading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,200 posts
On 1/6/2019 at 12:47 PM, Bird said:
On 1/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, manetteska said:

Just about any venue is viable for buying and selling comics. What makes eBay the top contender (for now) is how simple it is to search for a particular book (or genre). As far as I know, none of the other places compare (and Amazon doesn’t count). 

true, although I couldn't locate which groups I had a book in and just searched the title and it came right up!

Yes, but it's still not the same.

3 quick search "differences" where eBay is better/easier than FB:

1. People who post a picture of an item for sale on FB without any text; can't search for that.

2. Live auctions on FB; can't search those (as far as I know).

3. If I search "Famous Funnies 209" on eBay (for example), I will get all listings on eBay matching that string. How many different groups do I need to search/join to find all listings on FB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,850 posts

My son was home sick today. I should have put him to work listing on facebook!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,428 posts
Posted (edited)

I sold a mid grade secret wars eight today on Facebook although that isn’t notable I mentioned it because it was the first time someone asked is this still available and then bought the book

Now I just need to sell the three or four other mid grade copies I have :wishluck:

 

Edited by Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195 posts

I started selling again on Monday. I posted a list of 2500 books (probably 90% bronze age, 10% silver) in around 18 groups. It was a madhouse. I had over 100 people message me easily. I made around 30 sales and sold close to 400 books this week. That's why I love selling on FB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,850 posts

I think I saw your thread, can't remember if you had pics. I find the Facebook format disorienting on the phone as a buyer, but as a seller it may be easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195 posts
11 hours ago, the blob said:

I think I saw your thread, can't remember if you had pics. I find the Facebook format disorienting on the phone as a buyer, but as a seller it may be easier.

It becomes much easier once someone messages me because I can send the list to your messages. That way you won't lose it or be victim to Facebook's random page reloading kicking you back to the main page and off of the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,428 posts
1 minute ago, rsouxlja7 said:

It becomes much easier once someone messages me because I can send the list to your messages. That way you won't lose it or be victim to Facebook's random page reloading kicking you back to the main page and off of the post. 

I see the value in this approach. 2 weeks in and I have stuff all over the place and doing a mass list might help. At first I figured each thing in its' own post but now I see that mass listings, or at least 3-5 items in each post may be a better approach for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195 posts
7 minutes ago, Bird said:

I see the value in this approach. 2 weeks in and I have stuff all over the place and doing a mass list might help. At first I figured each thing in its' own post but now I see that mass listings, or at least 3-5 items in each post may be a better approach for me.

Definitely. I remember you are selling a big collection as well and this is the way to go for sure. People might want 1 or 2 issues of your Hulk, 1 or 2 Spider-Man, etc, and you end up with 40 books sold across 20 different titles in one purchase rather than 2 from your Hulk only post, for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133 posts
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:37 AM, Bighaley21 said:

I am an admin in a fairly large comic group on Facebook (Comic Book Lovers Buy, Sell, Trade, and Auctions). We have a core group of sellers that have been around for years that offer a wide range of books.  I think Facebook is great for buying as opposed to eBay because of the interaction. It is more personal and I have made some great friendships from it. I think Facebook will take the marketplace feature to the next level eventually. When that happens it could be one of the go to spots for comics. It's definitely heading in that direction already. 

BIGS

I just put in my request for that group. I remember talking to James a lot a few years ago before I yanked my original FB account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,673 posts
11 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I just put in my request for that group. I remember talking to James a lot a few years ago before I yanked my original FB account.

Just asked to join as well (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133 posts

Just to update you on the Make an Offer group. I put 3 books in there and haven't even gotten a like from any of them. Two a CGC slabs so it would be cool to at least get a lowball offer but maybe only super key books get those. ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,428 posts

I sold a slab on time payments yesterday and then sold another (one I have been trying to offload for quite a while now too!) I am cleaning out Facebook to offer here and then go back with a more organized selling approach. I was listing lots of books by themselves that could have been in the same post, like Marvel early Bronze horror and such. I started posting with no friends and have a little over 100 now, all for comics not personal. I keep showing my wife the T&A that lands on my feed and she says to take those off but I told her I don't really know any of these people and I like T&A. If it was penisshots they would be gone in an instant!

Edited by Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,428 posts

apparently someone named Michael Salvatore tried selling a boardie's FF5 CGC 3.0 with hole punches on his facebook account. It is not there now but I asked about it to let him know people are watching!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
6 6