• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Holiday Raffle Reveal Thread
3 3

81 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, nickwire said:

Shin killed my mystery box. I asked for some bronze marvel to sample as i dont really have any and he sent a stack of sweet books. Also a stack of mags, a bag of buttons and stuff, toon tumblers, a batman maquette and cool as beans superman tin toy. An incredable variety for me to dive into. Also what i tbought was a backpack that turned into an amazing wine kit that tbe wife is very happy to get lol. Finally, he then tells sharon to send me the prize he won in the rafgle cause he dosent really collect it.......im floored. So much thanks to shin for my 1st mystery box. They truely live up to tbe hype

20190112_152730.jpg

20190112_154733.jpg

20190112_154744.jpg

20190112_154727.jpg

20190112_154721.jpg

Holy Moly... and a free cat too?

What...no mention of the San Francisco Giants Buster Posey mug from the New Yorker? :baiting: (Just kidding.) I would have included a Golden State Warriors pin but I’m afraid Durant might head over to the Knicks after this season... 

Love the cat! (We have two now.) Glad you liked it. Picked up a lot of this stuff traveling actually... They charge like $20 apiece for each of those Pebble Beach spa products but you get them free in the rooms... so I was hoping your wife or family might be able to use them. :foryou:

My parents also used to live out there in Rochester, NY so I didn’t want to just include a bunch of comics stuff. Enjoy the random stuff from California. B| 

2 hours ago, nickwire said:

Thus leading to sharons prizes. Shes always brilliant and whenever ive bought something from her she always includes domething for my twins. Thanks to sharon via shin i now own a leading comics 4, oldest book in my collection and alistair and violet have some sweet toys to entertain themselves with. Another great raffle experience. Until next year....

20190112_153112.jpg

So glad they arrived safely, I hope the kids enjoy the toys:) 

As for Shin's box, looks like he traveled to Washington DC to complete it:) Nice job!!

I love those Presidential Mouse pads.  I always pick up a new one every time I'm out there in DC for work while I'm looking for some civic-minded gifts for my daughter.... (:

Thanks for sending those extras out, Sharon. (worship) (worship)

(And yes, I'm not ashamed to say I recognize Princess Celestia from My Little Pony...) 

Edited by sckao

22 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Received my mystery box from Azkaban today.  My first time picking up a mystery box.  Had fun waiting for this and opening it up.  Great books and in very nice condition.  Thank you @Azkaban for your generous Christmas gift/donation.

DSC_2054.JPG

DSC_2055.JPG

DSC_2056.JPG

DSC_2057.JPG

The handwriting on that box looks familiar... lol great raffle prize!

On 1/14/2019 at 9:47 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

Received my mystery box from Azkaban today.  My first time picking up a mystery box.  Had fun waiting for this and opening it up.  Great books and in very nice condition.  Thank you @Azkaban for your generous Christmas gift/donation.

DSC_2054.JPG

DSC_2055.JPG

DSC_2056.JPG

DSC_2057.JPG

you're very welcome, I love doing it every year

13 minutes ago, Shadow said:

And what awaited me today? The Toro Mystery Box! And, it was heavy...

The vast majority were totally unique to my collection. Highlights for me are the CGC 9.6 Red Sonja (almost complete with that small run), X-Men Heroes for Hope, Iron Man's (first Iron Man in my collection since I got rid of a couple as a teen in the mid-80's), Daredevil's (see Iron Man comments), Spectacular Spiderman, Marvel Masterworks... where do I stop!

A big Thank You to Toro! 

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

Definitely not as good as the other mystery boxes, and nothing can compare to a Greggy box, but I tried my best.  :)   Man the PO killed that box.  lol

59 minutes ago, toro said:

Definitely not as good as the other mystery boxes, and nothing can compare to a Greggy box, but I tried my best.  :)   Man the PO killed that box.  lol

You did great! I know the feeling though as I doubted mine I gave.

I had pick #66 and selected Patriot6 New Mutants #25 CGC 9.6 and then I received a bonus pick at #73.  For #73 I went with "TPBs and DVDs - donated by Not A Clone".  I was quite happy with the New Mutants slab, so these are a super bonus.  Especially looking forward to viewing the animated series:

2019-01-21 12.48.27.jpg