• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Sat. Jan. 19, Comics Only! National Dealers Old School Show
2 2

54 posts in this topic

Tim and I are excited to have our first show of the year on Saturday, January 19th. This is our quarterly old school show but now expanded to a wonderful new location that has room for twice the comics, artists, etc. and has 150 parking spaces.

http://www.berkeleycomiccon.com/

Dealer list:

Harley Yee

Superworld Comics

Bunky Brothers

A-1 Comics

Champion Comics

Heroes Comics

House of Comics

Ray Storch

Worlds of Wonder

Fantastic Comics

Harvey Doss

Steve Wyatt

Elveen's Comics

Shortboxed

Silverweb Comics

Mick Rabin

Comic Cellar

Bronze Age Batcave

MVP Comics

Edited by HouseofComics.Com

Just confirmed--Guest of Honor will be Brent Anderson!

We'll have more info on the other artists soon. Likely con schedule for this year is January, April (SVCC has moved to August), July (instead of our usual August), and our usual November show.

added info

1 hour ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

You are supposed to click the website link for all details!

That link is not clickable. I know the address. I was looking to put it out on the boards to draw more attendance.

Brent Anderson :whatthe:  Way cool. :whee:

Aha-not clickable. I see what you mean.  I'll figure it out. Didn't want to overwhelm people with all the details in the first post.

Berkeley Adult School

1701 San Pablo (at Virginia)

Berkeley, CA

Just off the highway! More website updates coming soon.

34 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Aha-not clickable. I see what you mean.  I'll figure it out. Didn't want to overwhelm people with all the details in the first post.

Berkeley Adult School

1701 San Pablo (at Virginia)

Berkeley, CA

Just off the highway! More website updates coming soon.

You are the best Mark. You know I will be there.:headbang:

:banana:

Super excited for this one!

The new space is massive! Probably more comics than you’ve ever seen at a “comic” show lol

So stoked that Brent Anderson is our Guest Artist! I’m a HUGE fan of Astro City, God Loves Man Kills, and even have a full run of his

Ka-Zar books I bought off the rack back in the day. A great artist and a wonderful guy!

Please join us for our first show at the new, bigger, better location (with lots of free parking)!

I have a complete set of Fantastic four 1 to 35 and spider-man 1 to 35 but I am trying to get a low grade reader set of each along with Jim reader set.

I need low reader copy's of Jim 85-90-93-98-99-101-103-104-117-122-123

Fantastic four 2-6-11-12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-23-25-26-28-30-33-35

Spider man 12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30

As always early Actions and Detectives 1940 and under. I spend money just don't want to pay full retail if I drop a lot of money.

@Primetime Don't even :makepoint: :hi:

On 1/3/2019 at 7:05 AM, Foolkiller said:

this is an awesome show.  wish I could get to it, will be there a day late for it! lol

Great seeing you there last January, Brian!  For those traveling for this show, typical temperatures in January are around 55 for the highs but 60 is not out of the question some years.

4 hours ago, The Brain said:

I plan to 'recon' this location this Sat.:headbang:

There's an interesting kind of upscale Mexican bakery and breakfast place a few blocks south (still above University) that looks interesting. Of course you're also super close to the Berkeley Marina where you can get a crab sandwich at the Sea Breeze market and look at the bay.

Crab sandwiches, yumm!  I am looking forward to the new location and will be there manning my table. Bringing the usual silver-age Marvels in raw and CGC. Many Amazing Spider-Man, FF, Thor and Avengers. Also bringing a lower grade raw TOS 57, first Hawkeye, Infinity Gauntlet 1-6 run, Fantasy Masterpieces  1-14 run (Silver Surfer reprints) and X-Force 1-20 run if anyone is interested.