• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Sat. Jan. 19, Comics Only! National Dealers Old School Show
2 2

54 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, The Brain said:

:whatthe:   HOL:censored: !!!

Just got back from the "new" location, and it is HUGH!!!

The old location had 20 parking spaces total.

This new location has between 600 to 800 hundred spaces.   

Soooooooooo Happy!!!!!

How many cars are you going to bring?

35 minutes ago, The Brain said:

:whatthe:   HOL:censored: !!!

Just got back from the "new" location, and it is HUGH!!!

The old location had 20 parking spaces total.

This new location has between 600 to 800 hundred spaces.   

Soooooooooo Happy!!!!!

Great news! Anytime parking in Berkeley is easy it's a win :)

A guy on Facebook said with parking, he was so going to bring the batmobile. I told him if he did, he could have two spaces for it. Don't want any scratches.

Brain, are you counting some back lot in your calculations? Because I think that front lot on the side of the entrance (the west side, on San Pablo) is more like 130 or 150 spaces. But yeah, I'm very happy for everybody coming up from San Jose or SF or down from Santa Rosa or Fairfield or Sac. Just off the highway and lots of parking.

1 hour ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

A guy on Facebook said with parking, he was so going to bring the batmobile. I told him if he did, he could have two spaces for it. Don't want any scratches.

Brain, are you counting some back lot in your calculations? Because I think that front lot on the side of the entrance (the west side, on San Pablo) is more like 130 or 150 spaces. But yeah, I'm very happy for everybody coming up from San Jose or SF or down from Santa Rosa or Fairfield or Sac. Just off the highway and lots of parking.

:bigsmile:

I got a little giddy when I saw the size of the place.

I doubt it--we don't have a patio. :)   Seriously, our show is junior in every way to Terry's show though it wouldn't surprise me if we have more (not better) BA and maybe even similar amounts of silver (definitely not better) but our GA in no way compares. For one thing, we don't have Terry's own, stellar stock. If you were flying in and had to choose, you should choose Terry's show. His weather is 5-10 degrees better too.

Even though his show is the only true national one day show in the country (a really special achievement in itself) ours can be worth flying in for too. Perhaps our April, June, or November show. I would love for our June show to be a kind of special board member show where we have comic stuff during the week, culminating with the show. Get people to fly in on their summer vacations.

20 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Any Golden Age collectors coming on Sat? Here's a sampling of some GA we're bringing to the show. Had to dig deep into the personal stash to pull some of these out! Many we're making available for the first time this Saturday. 

Can't wait! 

IMG_20190116_112422.jpg

IMG_20190116_112527.jpg

IMG_20190116_112613.jpg

IMG_20190116_112724.jpg

IMG_20190116_112948.jpg

IMG_20190116_113124.jpg

IMG_20190116_113232.jpg

SSS 11 I might want. I want key Silver age 1's 1936 to 1939 Golden age DC's.

I really want Marvel 1  Sup 1 Action 2 and 7 I thought I had a Sup 3 cant find it so put that on my list. Oh cold beer.jpg.4f9ee18fe4eae918ed700184465a593a.jpg(worship)

Not 1935 DCs? :)  Ted had a New Fun 1 on the boards last week--I assume it's coming.  Phil Schlaefer has a VG JIM 83. Not sure what the other biggest books are going to be at the show. Harvey has sold multiple ASM 1s at the show over the past 12 or 15 months. Seems like someone was telling me about multiple X-Men 1s but I can't remember right now.

Here's a great snapshot of what Bunky is bringing: http://bunkybrothers.com/constock/index.php?addedWithin=2000&title=&sort