• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was your first purchase on these boards?
5 5

65 posts in this topic

Happy New Year!

I guess I should say, last year, I started scanning in some of my comics.  It was a great way of reorganizing and enjoying my comics again. Today I finally hit up a box that had Batman Family in it.  Those first 4 issues in the run were my first purchase on this board.  I got them from BigMike now goes by Mike Bray.  That was just over 10 years ago and  I still have them (and the PM) (:.  In fact most of the great comics I have in my collection are from these boards.  So I wanted to take a moment out and give a shout out to all the members here.  I learned a lot during my time posting here.   I rarely do come around these days but that is because I am not really collecting as much.  I still read and purchase comics in collected editions.  My book shelves are over flowing.  It is so much fun being an obsessive collector :cry:.

Bat-Family-01.jpgBat-Family-02.jpgBat-Family-03.jpgBat-Family-04.jpg

My first purchase from the boards was from a random, imo I think anyway, first poster by a comic book store owner; who came on and posted a Wolverine #75 hologram error. He said anyone interested so I pm'd him and got it :) not much of a story, and I probably didn't get any kudos for completing the transaction.... it graded a 9.0

2nd was someone posting a Daredevil #231, which had a Canadian Price and also a Mark Jewelers, I posted :takeit: and completed the transaction. The book is currently at CGC, cause a Canadian Price with an Army Base Mark Jewelers? ??? the staples didn't look manipulated, so we shall see how CGC treats this book :foryou: 

My first notable purchase was an 8.5 JIM 112/Greg C. Chick's.  RIP

For those that remember Greg passed away with many open deals from a sales thread.  I remember @Junkdrawerand @skypinkblu

stepped in and worked to get all of those resolved and on top of that raised funds for his family.  That's when I knew there were some good peeps around here.

Fedoraman - ASM #1 reproduction cover   March 2017

Chaseman210 - ASM #2 coverless with reproduction cover     May 2017

Shortly after that I came down with the Golden Age Archie bug.  Insidious little virus that creates cravings for books you can't find. ¬¬