• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange #1. 1974

17 posts in this topic

I don't think the miswrap hurts your grade too much.

I'd be more concerned about what is going on LRFC. Is that a crease or chip there?

Also, light wear along the top of FC.

Interiors look great!

Hard to grade without seeing the back, but if I had to guess, I'd say 8.5.

4 minutes ago, adampasz said:

I don't think the miswrap hurts your grade too much.

I'd be more concerned about what is going on LRFC. Is that a crease or chip there?

Also, light wear along the top of FC.

Interiors look great!

Hard to grade without seeing the back, but if I had to guess, I'd say 8.5.

How much would you pay for this if you were in the market for one ?

I think usually we don't do pricing in this forum, especially because there are a lot of factors to consider when buying, but...

For me personally, I wouldn't go above $80.

It is a cool book, but not really so hard to find in the wild. If the mis-wrap bothers you, wait for a nicer copy to come along.

I would say an 8.0 but I am pretty harsh.  If you're thinking of getting it slabbed afterwards, don't forget to add cost of slabbing, shipping (both ways).  You could buy an already graded 8.5 for $110 (cr-ow-) at Metro.  They have another 8.5 with white pages for $115.  Metro was the only place I looked btw.

18 hours ago, telerites said:

I would say an 8.0 but I am pretty harsh.  If you're thinking of getting it slabbed afterwards, don't forget to add cost of slabbing, shipping (both ways).  You could buy an already graded 8.5 for $110 (cr-ow-) at Metro.  They have another 8.5 with white pages for $115.  Metro was the only place I looked btw.

Do you have a link to Metro? I could go and check it out. Thanks

1 hour ago, ThorUnleashed said:

Do you have a link to Metro? I could go and check it out. Thanks

1 hour ago, adampasz said:

Adam gave you the CC link which is a part of Metropolis Comics and best to make offers on but not all of Metro's books are on ComicConnect.  Here is the Metro link.  I believe CC has consigned books listed.  You can see in the Metro link there are two CGC 8.5s while on CC there is only one.  The one with white pages is only on Metro (below).

https://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSearch.php?searchType=advanced&title=doctor+strange&issue=1&search.x=0&search.y=0

6 hours ago, ThorUnleashed said:

I take into cost to slab it $50 counting the shipping in that too. Here are photos of the backback.PNG.96e84a3a24112380366d419fcf207a85.PNGback2.thumb.PNG.d6cc53d7b246b3fade79e68fbcdc9a16.PNG

Thanks for the additional photos. I like the look of this book. Nice color, good gloss, nice paper quality. All the flaws I can see are minor. I'm thinking at least 8.5 - 9.0...

On 1/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, ThorUnleashed said:

Hi - thinking of buying this. What do you all think? Any mis wrap you notice or the grade. I think it is an 8.6 at best 9.0. Really looking for a nice one to add to my collection 

572133A3-5527-48F8-973C-23B74D4B5FB0.jpeg

The miswrap on this book would bother me. The white stripe on the spine is much too crooked and the right edge looks cut off. It's possible the book is 9.0 but, for the risk/reward involved, I think you would be better off buying an already slabbed book. 

On 1/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

The miswrap on this book would bother me. The white stripe on the spine is much too crooked and the right edge looks cut off. It's possible the book is 9.0 but, for the risk/reward involved, I think you would be better off buying an already slabbed book. 

Yeah - I agree. That’s why to update everyone I ended up not getting this copy. Looking for a slabbed one already. I agree the risk is not worth it for this copy.