• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2019 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
13 13

1,173 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2019 at 2:48 PM, Ron C. said:

Wow!..... Just Wow!  

I thought you couldnt get something CGC if it doesnt come right from either the artist/signer, or a CGC rep. 

Also what does everybody prefer to do, get the front and back done, or just the front? I see so many seriously great books in here with either just the front done, or both. I would assume that would at least double the commission, and if you wanted it coloured youre looking at around 1000+ for one book. I have yet to aim for any sketched covers because of the likely high cost. 

On 2/18/2019 at 12:03 PM, ivdyer said:

Just in.   Took six long months to get this one back and now its off to CGC.  I thought long and hard on who I wanted for this piece and she did not disappoint.  Natali Sanders on my Margot Robbie signed blank.........

E4D426E9-4C23-44ED-8585-7419AB943C1F_zps364BBA38-FE05-4926-8ACD-D4E9AA2837AF_zps

Also this should have been what I quoted, my fault. Couldnt delete the other comment. And this is amazing. 

2 hours ago, Wilddragon said:

Also this should have been what I quoted, my fault. Couldnt delete the other comment. And this is amazing. 

To answer your first question, this piece is NOT in my possession. This is a picture sent to me via email by the artist. The artist, Natali Sanders, is sending it directly to CGC thus not breaking the chain of custody. The time table speaks mainly to SIGNATURES by celebrities, artists, etc.  

To answer your second question, it’s mainly preference by the collector.  Speaking solely for me, I prefer double covers when finances allow. I am grade oriented and getting both sides covered offers the added benefit of covering possible stray marks, smudges, etc...

You will note most of my double covers are from artists that are extremely fair in pricing and grade conscience. 

It helps that Ash is a personal friend ^^

4 minutes ago, Jking3437 said:

@ivdyer your collection has to be insane, where do you keep all your books?  in a warehouse ? 

Thank you for the kind words.  Unfortunately, the vast majority are relegated to CGC boxes.  I display some and rotate often.  The wife would have some words if they crept into her living space.  I keep her happy and she tolerates the comics....its a win/win in my book.